Answers

Watching Over Her

It's been years since the last time it happened.
I'm already 17, living here in South Korea with my mom and bestfriend. Luhan. My Chinese bestfriend. He's a tranferee too, just like me, when we met for the first time. He's the bestest friend I ever had. He always makes me happy whenever I'm down. Gave me a silver necklace for my birthday. I love my bestfriend so much. He's the very first person I ever talked to on my first day.

It's been a while since the last time I ever encountered the girl. I don't know what happened to her now. Maybe she found peace and decided to let me go. I can still remember the last word she ever wrote on my window. 'Goodbye'. I think by that time, she'll leave already. Or maybe she stayed in our old house, waiting for me and mom to come back.

I shooked the thoughts away. I was in my Science class while thinking about the little girl. Luhan is in his Math class, solving problems for their quiz.. Before our teacher leave for his meeting, he gave us an activity. Well, it's okay, at least he's not going to give us lots of lectures and writings on our notebook. He gave us three pages to answer for now.

After a minute of answering, I closed my workbook and checked my wrist watch. '5 minutes before lunch.' I started clearing my desk and put all my books and notebooks inside my bag. After doing those, a soft knock came on the door. Everyone waited for the response. And as our class president stood up to open it, the door opened, revealing my handsome bestfriend.

"Hi everyone! Can I excuse Jinhye?" He looked at our president. Our president nodded and smiled. She called my name and as soon as I got out, she closed the door behind. Luhan got my shoulder bag and walked with me to my locker. "Why are you so early?" I asked, while unlocking the code. "I finished our quiz early, so our teacher let me out." I nodded.

"Are you sure about your answers?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Of couse. What do you think of me? Jerk?" He asked.

"I didn't say that." He giggled and patted my head.

"Come on. Let's go to the cafeteria, I'm hungry with all the questions." I laughed as he patted his stomach.

-----

As our lunch break ended, Luhan walked me back to my homeroom. As usual, all of the girls who saw out closeness again, can't stop teasing me about being on a relationship with him. I'll just laugh and go to my seat by the fourth row before the last. I sat down on my usual seat and glanced at the sorroundings outside. I was perfectly enjoying it, when I noticed this word on the window.

'Hi Jinhye :)'

I blinked at it for a moment. Who would ever right this here? There's no one in here who usually do this kind of things to me. Maybe Luhan sneeked in a while ago... That's what I thought about. But heck, he's with me the whole lunch hour! Aish, nevermind about it Junhye. I'm sure someone's just trying to pull a little prank on you.

-----

I went home that afternoon with Luhan. Yes! THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY! I dropped my bag on the couch and went to the kitchen to see if mom's over. To my surprise, there was a girl who's facing its back at me, talking to mom while making sandwiches. Mom turned around and saw me, her face lit up with a smile.

"Oh there you are Jinhye! Georgina! Your cousin's home!" The girl turned around and revealed my cousin, Georgina unnie. I smiled and ran up to her for a hug. "Omona! Unnie I've missed you so much!" She gave me a bear hug and pulled me to the living room. We sat down on the couch, as I moved away my bag.

"So how's LA?" I asked her suddenly.

"Everything's good! And, I must tell you. Remember your classmate back when you're in second grade?" She asked while holding my hands.

"The boy who used to tease me?"

"Yeah, what's his name again?" I looked up to the ceiling, trying to remember the boy's name. Luke.

"Luke! Why?"

"Well, as soon as you left before, I went to your school to tell them the news. He was there in the principal's office's door. He heard my conversation with the principal about you, leaving LA for migration here in Seoul. And guess what? The door closed like a bang and I ran out to see who it was. I saw him crying on a corner. I asked him what happened and before answering, he asked me if I was your cousin. I nodded that time and he told me that you didn't even mention to him about leaving LA. He confessed that he has a crush on you." She finished her story and I can't help but to laugh.

"Really?"

"Oh yes! You would've even imagine it." Silence ate up the atmosphere and she looked at me again. "Jinhye?"

"Neh?"

"Do you still remember the girl who used to talk to you before?" I turned quiet and stared at her.

"I do. Why?"

"Well, when I went back to your house a week after you left to pick up some of my things, I went up to your room to check if I left some of my folders there. When I opened your room, everything was changed." I looked at her with confusion. Changed?

"What do you mean changed?" She took a deep breath and proceeded again.

"All of your things were perfectly arranged. Your bedsheets and pillows were all changed to new ones. Your toys were neatly placed on their cabinets and shelves. At first I thought your mom came back without saying and decided to arrange your house first, but I called auntie by that time and she told me that she didn't even went back there after you've arrived in here."

"So what are you telling me about this?"

"I think the girl who used to talk to you before is somewhat related to you. When I went in to your room the second time that day, a note fell down on the floor. I picked it up and there was something written on it."

"What was written on it?" I asked curiously.

"Is mommy back."

"Mom? Wait, that girl used to call me mom before. I don't even know why."

"Maybe you're a little related to her mom."

"It's impo---" I saw the small mirror on the table moved. It fell down on the red carpet. I looked at my cousin and she motioned me to pick it up. I picked up the mirror and turned it around. There was something written on it that sent chills running down my spine.

"Hey Jinhye, breath. Are you okay? What is it?" I gave her the mirror which brought shock to her face too.

'Hi mommy! I finally found you!'

-----

After that incident in the living room. Everytime I sleep at night, I'll be dreaming about a girl who's chasing me around. I always laugh on my dream. Then I'll just hear her saying

'Mommy! There you are!'
'Daddy! I got mom!'
'Mommy! Let's go out and play!'
'I love my mommy and daddy so much!'


Even on the day of my birthday, I was dreaming that I was walking on the seashore with someone. I just can't see its face clearly, but I know deep inside that it was a guy. We were walking hand in hand, talking about stuffs and our happy life, when a little girl came running towards us. She has hazelnut brown eyes, brown-black hair, milky skin and a cute pink lips. The guy beside me knelt down and took her in his arms. The guy gave her a peck on the lips and put her down. She came near me and opened her arms widely. I didn't hesitate to pick her up and kiss her too.

She hugged me happily and stared at my eyes. "Happy birthday mommy!"

I woke up from that dream and looked around my room. I sat down for a moment and ran my fingers through my hair. I slid off of my blanket and stood up, only to see a pink note on my side table. I picked it up and read out loud. "Happy Birthday mommy!"

-----

Later that afternoon of my birthday, I immediately called Luhan and told him to accompany me to my auntie, which used to be a paranormal expert, he agreed on coming. I went upstairs to take a shower and change to some comfortable clothes, because summer will be coming soon. After twenty minutes, he arrived and I quickly went out and got inside his car.

"So what are you actually going to do there?" He asked me.

"I just want to check something."

"Are you sure it's not a big dilemma?"

"Nope. I'm okay. I just need to check on something."

"Okay."

"You still remember her address right?"

"Yup, I'm not forgetful. Unlike you." I punched his arm lightly which he returned with a chuckle.

"Stop teasing me will you." I pouted.

Another chuckle from him. "Arasso. Ke ai."

After minutes of driving, we arrived at her house. I went out and rang the doorbell twice. I heard soft footsteps and assumed it's my auntie. As the door opened, I saw her smiling and she gave me a hug. "My dear, you've grown up so beautiful."

"Gomawo auntie." I smiled.

"Do you have anyone with you?" Oh, I almost forgot!

"Ah neh, It's Luhan."

"Really?" She looked behind me and saw Luhan. "Luhan! It's been so long since the last time I've seen you."

-----

Luhan was in the living room, playing play station with my cousin Sehun.
I went up to my auntie's room, trailing behind her. She opened her room, it's just unusual. If you can imagine other paranormal experts who has a lot of things hanging inside their houses. But my aunt's different. She's a very neat person, yes she has those kind of things paranormal experts had, but it's perfectly arranged. Only inside her room, she doesn't want the neighborhood to think that she's somewhat crazy.

"So I heard it from Georgina that's why you asked her to contact me."

"Neh."

"Come here darling. Give me your hands." I lent her my palms and she started reading it. A small smile crept up on her face as she put my palms down. "What is it, auntie?"

"Jinhye darling, the girl who used to talk to you and visit your dreams was your soon-to-be daughter." As auntie said that, I smiled whole heartedly.

"Go talk to her, baby. She's here."

I took a deep breath and started. "Baby, tell mommy what's your name?"

There was a short silence before I heard a voice. "Silly mommy, my name's Minhye."

As I heard it, my smile never left my face. After all this years, it was my daughter who was watching me everyday. A soft knock came to the door and it opened, revaling Luhan who is smiling at me.

"Mommy, you never told me daddy's with you."


--------


END. Sorry for posting it late :)