Chapter 6

Paper Rose

It was Sunday and Hiroto was having a nice relaxing day all to himself. No work, No school, and no where he had to be, he could just take his time finishing up his homework.

~ ~ ~

“So I found another one in Saga's class when I was leaving.”

“Really, how many does that make 3?”

Shou shook his head “4 and whoever it is the flowers are getting better.” he said setting his empty glass on the table.

Ruki slowed down his pace as he headed back to the counter. Quickly spotting a table nearby he took his time cleaning it so he was able to overhear the conversation.
“Wonder who it is?” Shou said starting out the window like it would magically answer his question.

“Probably some girl practicing for a love letter or something.” Reita said.

“Pft I doubt it.” Ruki mumbled to himself.

“What was that runt?”

“What was what?” Ruki said looking innocently at the three boys.

“Don't play dumb.”

“About what?” he asked tilting his head.

Visibly getting annoyed with the blonde's arrogance Reita tightened his fists getting ready to react while Kai put his hand on his friends shoulder “Relax.”

“He was listening in.” he growled shrugging off his friends hand.

“You don't know that.” Shou said with a smile.

“Then why was he at that table for so long, huh.”

“Reita he could have been doing a number of countless things, it's obvious that he was cleaned it see.” Kai said pointing to the cups on Ruki's tray.

“I still think he was listening.”

“You would.” Ruki mumbled placing a damp rag on his tray.

“Got something you wanna say blondie.” the angered boy said in a low growl.

“....blondie?...your blonde too.”

“Shut up. Just admit you were listening.” he accused standing up

“Fine I was listening, I eavesdrop on all the customers conversations.” the waiter said in monotone.

“No Ruki. Ugh Reita I saw him read something on his phone.” Kai said pulling Reita back into his seat.

“Umm Ruki, could I get another?” Shou said motioning to his glass, seemingly oblivious to the tension that was growing around him.

“Sure.” grabbing the empty cup Ruki added it to the collection of others on his tray.

“I still don't believe him.” Reita pouted while crossing his arms.

Ruki paused while Shou rolled his eyes and Kai pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Fine if you don't believe me here's what I was responding to.” Ruki said placing his phone on the table as he went to refill Shou's latte.

Picking up the phone Kai illuminated the screen reading the message that was still open.

* Hey Honey,
It looks like your father and I aren't gonna make It back this weekend.
I'm really sorry, but you have friends that you would rather hang out
with right? See you soon mom. *

“Well don't you look like the jerk.” Kai said passing the phone so the other two could read the message.

“Hmm looks like you were the one eavesdropping Rei-Rei” Shou said playing with the sugar packets.

“Here ya go.” Ruki said bringing Shou a refill, picking up his phone up before he left.

*Hey Juliet looks like Romeo
has been finding your roses
after all.*

“Alright you two free loaders what do you want.?” Ruki said putting his phone back in his pocket.

“Hey why do you look so happy all of a sudden?” Miku asked

“Because band-aid face over there looks like he ate a shoe.” He said indicating with his thumb. “So. You gonna order?”

“Normal for me.” Nao said with a smile.

“Chocolate milkshake please.”

“Cherry?”

“Is that an option?” Miku asked as his eyes lit up with hope.

“For you it is.”

“Two please!” He said holding up his fingers to make sure that the waiter didn't misunderstand.

As he was preparing the orders Ruki felt his phone buzz.

*I thought I told you
to stop calling me
that. And what do you
mean found them
who?*

*Your so cute when you’re confused.*

“Hey Miku, you do know that the milkshake normally comes with a cherry right?” Nao said.

“WHAT?! Hey Ruki!” Miku called as he span in the booth so he was facing the counter. “I want three!” He yelled again holding his fingers up like a toddler.

Laughing at his friend Ruki picked up the drinks and brought them to his friends.

“One....two....thre-”

“Really? You don't trust me?” Ruki asked in a mock hurt tone.

“Three..” the taller continued. “Four...five! Wow look Nao I got five cherries” he said bouncing excitedly in his seat. “Ruki! Thank you soooooo much!” he said hugging the waiter nearly squeezing the air out of him.

“Hey guys.” Tora said pulling a chair over.

“About damn time.” Reita said in a low grumble.

“Whattcha talkin' about?” he asked ignoring his friend.

“He found another paper flower.” Kai said nodding his head in Shou's direction.

“Not this again.” Tora groaned “What is it with you and picking up that trash?”

“It's not trash.” Shou said defensively. “The person that is making them is getting better.”

“Its still trash.” Tora said dismissively.

“How can you say that!” Shou cried.

“Because the person who made them also threw them away. One is even torn.” The dark haired boy added.

“It adds character!”

“Why are you so defensive over these things anyway? Reita asked hoping to put an end to the hopeless bickering.

Meanwhile on the other side of the cafe Nao was currently hiding under the table with all hope that the new comer hadn't seen him. But for poor Nao the very action of hiding caught his attention.

“Well it's about time I got going.” Miku said as he finished his milkshake.

“What??!” Nao cried as he hit his head on the table as he climbed out from underneath. “You can't go.” he hissed grabbing his friends hand. “Don't leave me alone.”

“What are you talking about, Ruki is still here.”

“But he has to work... Please?” Nao asked with the biggest puppy eyes he could muster.

“So Ruki can work, but I can't.” Miku said with a hint of confusion as Nao nodded in confirmation.

“That doesn't make sense.”

“No what doesn't make sense is why you even work at all. It's not like you need to.” Nao said keeping a strong hold on his friend.

“Neither does Ru-”

“Don't change the subject!” Nao cut off

“Nao you'll be fine, but if you keep talking so loud he's gonna notice you’re here.”

Letting out a little squeak Nao quickly let go of his friend and sank into the cushion.

“See ya Ruki.” Miku said waving to his friend as he headed for the exit.

Not paying attention to what his friends were saying Tora watched at the blonde left the cafe leaving a certain bear all by himself. Waiting five minutes the predator slowly emerged from his perch. Stealth-fully he made his approach to the unsuspecting prey. Remaining out of sight the mighty tiger makes his last preparations as he finally descent on his prey.

“What are you talking about?”

“hmm? Oh, Discovery channel.” Ruki said pointing to the tiger and panicking honey bear.

“Isn't he your friend.”

“You sure are quick Romeo.” the blonde mumbled to himself.

“Shouldn't you help him?”

“Help who?” Kai said entering the conversation.

“Him.” Shou said pointing to Nao.

“For Christ sake!” Kai said moving to help the frightened boy.

Grabbing Kai by the arm Ruki shook his head. “It's good for him.”

“You mean entertainment for you.” the boy accused.

“There is that.” The blonde nodded in agreement.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! 

hope there aren't to many problems I loosly read over it and basically fixed grammar and spelling (I hope) XD 

have a good.....morning/day/night!