This One is Too Tiring

Another Full House Story [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

"Wow, Ji Hyo Noona is a totally different person when she's pregnant," Min Jae mused. "I can't picture her crying."

"Yeah, well trust me, it's not a sight you want to see," Jae Kyung said as she crossed her arms and shook her head.

"When is she due anyways?"

"In a few months."

"And the family just keeps getting bigger," he said with a grin. Jae Kyung rolled her eyes at his comment. "So then you moved in with Seung Hun Hyung?" he asked, getting back to Jae Kyung's story.

Jae Kyung sighed before answering, "Yeah."

"What was wrong with his place? Seung Hun Hyung adores you to no end. I would have thought that out of all three places, his would have been the best."

"Yeah, well you're forgetting one thing about Seung Hun Oppa's place…or rather one person: Soo Han."

"What? But you love your nephew," Min Jae asked, surprised.

"I do love him. But since Seung Hun Oppa's place only has two rooms, I had to share a room with him. I mean come on, me, a 21-year old, sharing a room with a 6-year old kid! But if that wasn't enough, I was constantly having to babysit him since Tae Hee Hyeongsu started working full time again. I never got a break from him!"

Jae Kyung was lazing on the couch watching TV when she got a phone call from her friend.

"Oh, Su Ji-ah, what's up?" she asked as she continued to flip through the channels on the TV.

"Hey, are you busy today? Me and some other girls were thinking of watching a movie," Su Ji answered.

"Movie? Sure!"

"Great! Meet me at the theaters in 30 minutes," she said before hanging up.

Jae Kyung went to get ready. She was about to leave when she was stopped by Seung Hun.

"Jae Kyung, where are you going?" he asked her.

"To the movies with some friends."

"But I need you to watch Soo Han."

"What? Why?"

"I have an emergency at the office I need to attend to."

"Aww but I haven't been out with my friends in forever!" she whined.

"Then take Soo Han with you," he suggested.

"But-"

"I should be back in a few hours. Enjoy the movies," he said before leaving.

Jae Kyung stared after him, dumbfounded. She sighed before turning to Soo Han who was sitting on the floor drawing.

"Soo Han-ah, do you want to go to the movies?"

"Yes!" he excitedly answered.

Jae Kyung and Soo Han arrived at the theaters and met up with her friends.

"Oh Soo Han-ah, I didn't know you were coming," Su Ji said slightly surprised.

"Yeah, I have to babysit him," Jae Kyung answered in a slightly irritated tone.

"But Jae Kyung, the movie we were going to watch is rated PG-13…" she said glancing at Soo Han.

"Really? You guys don't want to watch any other movie?"

"Sorry, this was the only one we all could agreed on," Su Ji said apologetically.

Jae Kyung sighed. "Okay, you guys go ahead without me. I'll watch another movie with Soo Han."

"I'm really sorry," Su Ji said sympathetically before leaving with the other girls.

Jae Kyung watched her friends leave with a pout before turning to Soo Han.

"Well, I guess it's just us two then. What do you want to watch?"

"Sammy's Adventures 2!" he excitedly yelled.

Jae Kyung's face fell. Not only had she missed the opportunity to be with her friends, but now she had to watch a little kids' movie.

"I haven't even seen the first one," she muttered to herself as she waited in line to buy the tickets.


"Noona! Noona! Noona!" Soo Han eagerly yelled as he pushed Jae Kyung back and forth to wake her up.

Jae Kyung groaned. "Soo Han-ah, let Noona sleep a little longer," she said as she turned her back to him and tried to go back to sleep.

"But I'm bored," he whined as he climbed up on her bed and started jumping on her.

Jae Kyung quickly sat up and tried to prevent herself from screaming by taking deep breaths. She looked over at the clock on her nightstand and saw that it was only 9 am.

"Soo Han-ah," she said through gritted teeth. "It's 9 am on Saturday and Noona hasn't had enough sleep this week because of school. Please let me sleep a few more hours and then I'll play with you."

Soo Han pouted. "But you're supposed to watch me since Mom and Dad aren't here."

"Aish, why was I stupid enough to agree to babysit him on a Saturday?" she muttered under her breath. She sighed and turned to him. "Fine. I'll get up."

Soo Han grinned and jumped off her bed. She threw off her covers and got out of bed, heading straight to the bathroom to brush.

"Did you already eat?" she asked him as she came out of the bathroom.

"Yeah. What are we going to do today?" he eagerly asked.

"How about we stay in and watch TV?" She was hoping to sleep on the couch while he was occupied with watching TV.

"That's boring," he pouted. "Can we go to the park?" he asked with puppy dog eyes.

Jae Kyung turned away and scowled. His puppy dog eyes got her every time. "Okay," she gave in.

She changed out of her pajamas into something more presentable. On the way out, she grabbed an apple to eat on the way.

Once they reached the park, Soo Han immediately went towards the swings.

"Push me Noona!" he shouted to her. Jae Kyung trudged her way over and pushed him. He squealed in joy as he got higher. But Jae Kyung's eyes were still sleep ridden and her body was screaming for her to get back in bed.

"Soo Han-ah, Noona is feeling tired. Can you play by yourself for a bit while I rest for a few minutes?" she gently asked him.

"Okay," he pouted. Jae Kyung sighed in relief as she walked over to a nearby bench and lay down, not caring that it was probably dirty. She hadn't closed her eyes for more than a few minutes when she heard a familiar cry. She quickly sat up with wide eyes and looked over to see Soo Han on the ground, cradling his knee to himself as he cried. She ran over and kneeled in front of him.

"What happened?" she demanded from him.

"I-I f-fell of the s-swing," he said through sobs. "N-noona, it h-hurts," he cried.

Jae Kyung examined his bleeding knee and saw that it wasn't very deep. "Don't cry Soo Han, it's not too bad. Come on, why don't you get on my back and I'll carry you home," she said as she turned her back to him. He sniffled as he climbed on her back and held onto her neck tightly. Jae Kyung stood up and crossed her arms behind her back, firmly holding him. As she carried him, he still kept crying.

"Soo Han-ah, if you stop crying, Noona promises to give you ice cream," she coaxed him.

"R-really?" he sniffled.

"Yep. So be a good boy and stop crying. Your knee will get better and soon, you won't even remember that it was bleeding."

"Okay," he quietly answered as he stopped his tears.

They reached home and Jae Kyung attended to his cut. Afterwards, she got  ice cream from the freezer and brought out the whole tub and two spoons. They sat on the couch and ate from the carton as they watched Soo Han's favorite show: Pororo the Little Penguin.

As they watched, the two started drifting off to sleep and their heads rested against each other as the tub of ice cream fell from their laps and onto the floor, melting and dripping onto the carpet.

"What happened?!" Tae Hee yelled as she and her husband entered the house and saw the mess on the carpet.

Jae Kyung and Soo Han quickly jerked awake and looked around in confusion. Jae Kyung's eyes landed on an angry Tae Hee with her hands on her hips. She followed her gaze down to the carpet in front of them which was stained pink from the strawberry ice cream they had been eating.

"Oh no," Jae Kyung sighed and braced herself for the yelling that was sure to come.

The thing about Tae Hee was that she was a nice and sweet person that didn't get upset very easily…except when it came to the cleanliness of her house.

"Jae Kyung-ah, how could you have let Soo Han eat straight from the carton? You know that too much ice cream isn't good for him. Not only that, you got it all over the carpet! And it's been sitting there for who knows how long? Do you know how much scrubbing it's going to take to get the stain out?" Tae Hee went on with her rant and Jae Kyung closed her eyes as she felt a headache coming on.

"Umma, I'm sorry," Soo Han cried.

"Yes, honey. The kids are sorry so stop yelling," Seung Hun said to his wife, feeling bad for both Jae Kyung and his son.

"I'm sorry Hyeongsu. I'll clean it up," Jae Kyung said before going to grab cleaning solution and a brush to start cleaning the mess. It took her a whole hour of scrubbing before the stain was completely gone and Jae Kyung's arms were soar to the point that she couldn't even hold up her chopsticks to eat later that day.


Author's Note

The final chapter of Jae Kyung's back story :) What do you think of Jae Kyung's predicament? Would you want to move out as well?

BTW, did you catch the Goldilocks and Three Bears theme to the chapter titles? Except all three options didn't work in Jae Kyung's case, LOL.

And next chapter: Jun Hyung! Are you looking forward  to it?

8/2/12 11:11 PM (Make a wish!)00