Final

"I Love You."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

  ❝Final❞

 

Kai hugged him for the last time, burying his head in Kyungsoo’s shirt. “I’m going now, okay?” The airport was already full of people bustling around.

 

Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around him. “Take care.” His voice was a whisper. He didn’t know what else to say, so he just stayed quiet. Kai detached himself and brushed his fingers across Kyungsoo’s soft cheek before leaning in and pressing their lips together for the briefest of moments. Then he pulled away quickly, but Kyungsoo did not fail to see the look in his eyes.

 

“Goodbye, Kyungsoo.” Kai’s voice was broken but fond. Hearing it made Kyungsoo want to cry, but he bit his lip and forced himself to smile. He nodded.

 

As Kai walked away without looking back, Kyungsoo felt like someone had just stabbed him in the heart. He turned around to walk back, stifling a sob.

 

 

 

~+~

 

 

 

One year later, Kyungsoo was waiting.

 

His friends, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, did not help him feel any better. They sneaked off during lunchtime to go to the bathroom to do god knows what, leaving Kyungsoo alone with Yuri. Yuri was nice and sympathetic about his situation, unlike the ungrateful pair.

 

He never knew that long-distance relationships could be this lonely. Everyday he sent a short email to Kai, hoping he could write back, but he didn’t. Eventually he ended up calling his house, but to his dismay it was his roommate who picked up. “Kai? Oh he’s busy doing his homework right now,” is what Kyungsoo would get everytime he called. He had replied back in fluent English, telling the roommate to get Kai to call him once he’s done. But he never called.

 

Kyungsoo wondered if their relationship has now long gone. That Kai didn’t care about him anymore. Or maybe he grew tired of him. He felt even more depressed thinking about that, and Yuri had tried to cheer him up, saying that Kai isn’t that kind of person.

 

Kyungsoo just hoped Yuri was right, because he knew that without Kai, he was nothing but an empty shell.

 

 

 

~+~

 

 

 

Two years later, Kyungsoo was still waiting.

 

He now lived in his own apartment, with his friends occasionally coming over to visit. They knew that he was lonely and would usually come to cheer him up. Kyungsoo was grateful for their support.

 

He just wished for the presence of that one boy he could never forget.

                                                  

 

 

 

~+~

 

 

 

Three years later, Kyungsoo was almost ready to give up.

 

Kyungsoo had already graduated from college. His parents nagged him day and night, complaining about him not having a girlfriend and all that crap. Yuri was now going out with another guy while Baekhyun and Chanyeol basically ditched him all day.

 

Kyungsoo realized that he wasn’t going to come back. He buried his face into his pillow and cried himself to sleep.

 

 

 

 

~+~

 

 

 

 

Four years later, a cer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter