Part Twenty-One

"I Love You."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝Part Twenty-One❞  

“Ahhh!” It was afterschool, and Kai leaned back on his chair, sighing and running a hand through his hair. He looked like he hadn’t slept for days, and there were dark circles under his eyes. “Just a few more days and it’ll be end of this ty week and exams!”

 

Beside him, Kyungsoo laughed. “It’s not that bad. We already finished our math and biology exams. It’s just English left.”

 

“Easy for you to say,” Kai glared at Kyungsoo. “You’re good at English, I’m not.” He looked away and bit his lip. “I wish it would end already.”

 

“It’s going to be Christmas soon,” Kyungsoo whispered softly, a smile lighting up on his face. “I can’t wait.”

 

“You want to do something on Christmas Eve?” Kai sat back upright on his chair, his eyes twinkling. “Let’s go out.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and smiled shyly. “I would like that.”

 

Kai leaned in and for one crazy moment, Kyungsoo thought that he was going to kiss him right there in school. But he just reached up to his head and detached out a tiny piece of paper stuck on his hair, holding it up for Kyungsoo to see.

 

“Seriously, don’t you look at yourself when you leave your house?” Kai gazed at Kyungsoo, his voice gently teasing. Kyungsoo felt himself going slightly dazed at the proximity between Kai and him, and he swallowed nervously.

 

“I-I do. It’s just lately I’ve been busy.”

 

To his relief, Kai leaned back into his chair, chuckling. “Of course.”

 

Just then, Baekhyun walked into the classroom, looking like a zombie. He hair was all messed up and his face was pale, making his black eyeliner stand out even more. Even so, the girls still squealed when they saw him, but he ignored them rudely and stumbled to his seat next to Kyungsoo. Kai and Kyungsoo looked at each other, surprised by the other boy’s state.

 

“Wow, he’s even worse than you,” Kai remarked. “I guess the only thing he managed to do was to put on eyeliner, but nothing else.”

 

“Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo said worriedly to the boy, ignoring Kai’s comment. “Are you okay?”

 

“That’s a very stupid question,” Baekhyun muttered, turning to look at Kyungsoo with a I-don’t-give-a- face. “Can’t you see that I’m not?”

 

Kai snorted while Kyungsoo bit his lip. “Oh. What happened?”

 

“It’s all because of Chanyeol,” Baekhyun complained. “I was trying to study at home but he kept bothering me. It’s not fair, he’s already that smart.”

“Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo echoed. “What was he doing at your house though?”

 

For some reason, Baekhyun turned slightly pink, coughing awkwardly. “Um....he was helping. That’s right, he was helping me.” He laughed uncomfortably, clearing his throat. Kai smirked knowingly and went back to his studying.

 

“I see. Chanyeol’s really nice, isn’t he?” Kyungsoo said, totally oblivious. “I’m glad he’s more open and confident now. He really likes you.”

 

Baekhyun nearly choked on his own spit. “W-What? He said that to you?”

 

“You didn’t know?” Kyungsoo asked, his voice an octave higher. “He asked me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter