Special Delivery

Valentines' Day Oneshots

 

I think it's really sloppy though. D: you guys be the judge. Happy Valentines' Day! ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

         It’s 10:30 am. You wake up to the sound of you alarm, and the bright sunlight coming from the window of your room. You sit up on your bed and realize that it’s the usual empty space beside you again. You sigh and start walking towards your desk.

 

         He’s gone again. At least he shows he’s dedicated.

 

         You reach for your phone and take a look if there are any messages. You see the date displayed and it says February 14, 2011. You let out another sigh and think to yourself, “It’s Valentines’ Day, my boyfriend’s out working and I’m all alone so early in the morning. Well this is perfect.”  You check your inbox and see that there’s a message:

 

         “Good morning Sunshine!

 

                   I have to go to a filming this morning. I hope you’re not mad since it’s Valentines’ Day and all. But I’ll be home for dinner. I promise! ^^”

 

Your mouth curved into a smile as you read the message. You stop for a second to think about what to reply to him:

 

         “Good morning!

 

                   Don’t worry about it! I’ll be looking forward to watching it on TV. Since you’re coming home for dinner, I’ll cook us up a Valentines’ Dinner, okay? Take Care~

 

         You step out of the room and go straight into the kitchen. You find a slightly warm plate of eggs and toasted bread and a glass of orange juice right beside it. You laugh to yourself and say “He probably woke up earlier than usual to whip this up.” You were about to take a slice of bread when you notice a cute little sticky note by the plate that says:

 

         “Hello sleepyhead!

 

                   I hope your breakfast doesn’t get cold by the time you wake up. I’m not the best cook but I tried my best! I’ll see you tonight! Happy Valentines’ Day!

 

         Once you finished breakfast you take a shower and start cleaning the place up. Since the two of you won’t be going out tonight, you decided to at least make the apartment look neater for your dinner date at home. You spend most of the afternoon clearing up the living room and dusting the tabletops and picture frames. Once done, you suddenly felt as if all your energy was poured out and into the sink. You sat down on the couch and sweet sleep seemed to overcome you bit by bit. A short nap won’t hurt, right?

 

         The sound of your alarm brings you back to consciousness and you check the time on your phone. It’s 4:00. Not much time left until he gets back home. You get up and walk towards the kitchen to start cooking dinner. While waiting for the rice to cook and the soup to simmer, you turn on your laptop and take a look at what’s new in the showbiz scene. “Choi Siwon poses for Marie Claire Korea”. “Choi Siwon captivates viewers with his acting on the drama ‘Athena’”.

 

         “He’s been doing so well these days, really”. You thought with a smile. “And he looks handsome in anything.” You heave a sigh, laugh, and say “This boy and his luxurious image.”

 

         It’s already dark outside and by now, everything you needed for dinner was all set. You freshen up and wear something simple. You weren’t going out to a fancy restaurant, so the dresses are out of the question. You put on a chic top and pair it with a pair of tights. As you were brushing your hair, you hear the doorbell ring. You take a look through the peephole of the door to check who it was. It can’t be the one you’re waiting for since he’s got his own key. He wouldn’t need to ring the doorbell to get in.

 

         You open the door slightly to see a man in a dark blue jacket. He was wearing a cap and was looking at the ground so you couldn’t see his face. He held out a box to you and with a deep voice he said, “Uh, there’s a delivery for you, ma’am.”. He adjusted his cap a bit but still didn’t even try to look up at you.

 

         “I’m sorry, you must have the wrong address. I didn’t order anything and I’m not gonna pay for anything I didn’t order.” You say with a convicted tone. You didn’t really have much time left and you weren’t waiting all day long to be bothered by a wrong delivery.

 

            The delivery guy’s mouth curved into a smile and you suddenly you recognize that handsome smile, and that cute dimple that peeked from the side of his mouth. “Yah, Choi Siwon. Is that you?” You say in a slightly confused tone. The mysterious delivery boy couldn’t hold in his laughter for any longer. He took off his cap, flashed a familiar dashing smile, and gave you a wink. You can only smile as you look at your handsome boyfriend in front of you.

 

            “I told you I’d be home for dinner.” He said with a smile. “Did you have to rush? It seems like you forgot to change out of your costume from the drama.” You said jokingly. He chuckled and wrapped his free arm around your waist as the both of you walk into the apartment together.

 

            You walk into the kitchen and start placing some rice and soup in separate bowls. From the kitchen you can hear a box being torn open in the living room. As you place the food onto the dining table, you see Siwon take out the contents of the box. He holds up a bouquet of flowers and says, “Happy Valentines’ Day” as he hands you the flowers and gives you a light peck on the cheek.

 

            “Thank you, but you really didn’t have to.” You say as you place the beautiful fresh flowers on the counter beside you. From the back, you feel a pair of arms gently sliding their way around your waist. You feel his soft lips near your ear as he says, “but not even those flowers could compare to your beauty.”

 

            A smile crept along your face and out of nowhere, a small box had appeared in his hands in front of you. You look at the box with curiosity and as Siwon carefully opened the box, your eyes widen in surprise. Siwon gently pulled out the ring from the box and lovingly slipped it into your finger. He took your hand and held it out for the both of you to admire. The ring was simple yet elegant, having a small heart-shaped diamond in the middle.

 

            Turning around, you place your hands around Siwon’s neck and whisper in his ear, “You’re giving me a ring on Valentines’ Day and here I am, unprepared, with just a simple dinner. Thank you~” He wrapped his arms around your slim waist again, laughed and said, “I don’t think I’ve ever told you that you’re the best cook in the world. Have I told you how beautiful you look? Having you is the best gift I ever had.”

 

            You giggle and hug him tighter, and you hear him whisper, “Thank God…” You smile and say, “Are you thanking God again because you’re so handsome?” He pulls away gently and places his hands on your face saying “No. I Thank God that I have you.” He leans closer and gently presses his lips against yours. You feel a smile creep through his face as you kiss back.

 

            He wasn’t always there when you woke up in the morning. And he isn’t always in the country. He had a busy schedule packed with guesting in shows, photo shoots, and drama filmings. But whenever he pulled you into his arms, whenever he would run his fingers through your hair, whenever he would give you loving kisses, you knew that you completed each other. And that was more than enough to tell you that the two of you really loved each other.