My Own Fault

Prince Charming Gave Up On Me

 

I walked around the SMent building wearily, unsure of where to go and not hoping to find anything but somewhere to place my heart. Everything hurt me at the moment.

I couldn't believe it any more.

I simply couldn't believe it.


The most perfect man whom I loved and still love so much, the dubbed evil maknae of Super Junior, Cho Kyuhyun... he had finally found a girlfriend. Who would have thought that the maknae of Super Junior would have found a girlfriend before some of his hyungs? Everyone was quite happy for them at the moment, except for me that is. Yes. Selfishly, I glared at their figures from the clear, glass window. Together, they were standing outside the SMEnt building. Hand in hand, eyes locked on each others. It looked so perfect, it looked so sweet. But as they say, too much of a sweet thing isn't good for you. I shivered silently, squinting my eyes as if they were stung, and they were at this point. So much, I hoped that the sight of that kiss was simply a dream. Although, reality never worked for me.

It basically screamed the truth.

Kyuhyun oppa's girlfriend was an absolute beauty, an incredibly pretty person. No other beauty seemed to watch up to her astonishing features. She had a bright and loveable smile that could light up the room in an instant, complimented well by her sparkling and rounded eyes. Yes, she did have a certain charm about her, so much more different and versatile from mine. And of course, I really can't say that I'm surprised that Kyuhyun oppa had fallen in love with her of all people. She was definitely a person who was compatible with Kyuhyun oppa. The way that she gazed at him intensely, it was filled with nothing but pure, innocent and sweet love. Sometimes though, I wished I were able to do that as well. But of course, it's impossible for me to do that without receiving weird stares. I knew already well, even though I absolutely hated to admit it, she would take so better care of Kyuhyun oppa than I. Not that I actually even attempted to take care of Kyuhyun oppa.

For I, the person who used to have Kyuhyun oppa's love, had lost my chance before I even started.

Long ago, in the faded past when we were just rookies and trainees, I was the one who held Kyuhyun oppa's heart s dearly. We loved each other so much. But now, Kyuhyun oppa holds no feelings for me, even though I still hold many feelings for him. But then again, he, Cho Kyuhyun, might not even remember my feelings. It was so long ago, I bet that nobody remembers any more. I am the only one who seems to remember the precious and haunting past. And no, we did not date or anything. We were simply people who knew each other well. In different words though, we were people who fell in love with no reputation. I knew Kyuhyun loved me without the need for being called his girlfriend. Kyuhyun knew I loved him enough without the need to call him my boyfriend.

We were simply lovers without reputation.

In those times, I was so happy. Life was simple and sweet with Kyuhyun oppa by my side. But one day, something happened. And because of that something, my entire life changed. For the first time, Kyuhyun oppa told me he loved me. Before, we had never spoken such soft and intimate words to each other. Of course, it was true. Kyuhyun oppa loved me. And yes, I did love him. But for some reasons, the metal chains around my heart tightened as those words were spoke. I couldn't say the words back to him. Kyuhyun oppa stared at me sadly, then he turned his back to me. Before walking away, he muttered cold and cruel words to me.

"Forget it."

Thus, from that day on, Kyuhyun oppa and I were no longer like that. Every time Kyuhyun oppa saw me, he'd turn his back to me. Of course, I had wanted to talk to Kyuhyun oppa and tell him I loved him. But, because of my heart, I didn't. And now, I absolutely regret the decision. If only, back before, I had talked to him and said the words I wanted to.

I then realised, life isn't a fairytale.

Not any more.


I was known to be similar to a princess in a fairytale, right? That was what I was told both now and then. Without even once shutting their open mouths to hear what I think, they would say, my looks, my posture, my stance, my personality and everything else was seemingly similar to the way a princess would be in real life. Of course though, those facts definitely didn't help me. After all, a fairytale is simply a fairytale. Nothing more than that. The fact that I am similar to a fairytale princess does not give me any sort of advantage in life. Well, at least not the advantage I want and wish for.

I remember, as a young and innocent child, my Umma would sit next to me and read me a story before I went to bed. The stories were always about a beautiful girl in distress and a brave and handsome man. The girl was always in pure of heart yet and wasn't able to be with the man. The man was persistent though and did what ever he could to save his fair maiden. If only, life was a fairytale.

When I first met Kyuhyun oppa all those years ago, he was my prince charming. In my mind, I knew.

My heart was in iron shackles that wouldn't come off. Getting my heart was difficult, but Kyuhyun oppa managed to reach it.

I never thought I'd see the day when prince charming would give up.

But then again, I am no longer his princess.

She was.


With a strained sigh, I turned my head and stared somewhere else. There I saw Kyuhyun oppa and her walk down the hall together. I swallowed deeply, knowing that if I weren't so foolish, I might have been walking in her position. From the way they simply looked at each other, I could tell that they didn't even feel my presence.

"I love you." Kyuhyun oppa smiled.

She, the person whose life I may have lived if I said the right words, smiled back gracefully.

Those words were so sweet, and how I wished they were said to be once again.

"I love you too." She replied.

.
.
.

If only I had said that.

Then maybe, just maybe, I'd be the one walking beside Kyuhyun oppa.





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I kind of rushed this one~