She Waited

She Waited

 

She Waited

A Jessica Jung and Tiffany Hwang Oneshot

She waited.

Jessica waited for her at the bus stop, twiddling her toes as she peered at the traffic from where she stood. It was just her, and it was 12 in the afternoon. Cars, motorbikes and cabs kept passing by, and Jessica looked at her phone with a rather impatient look on her face. She had called Tiffany to come at exactly 12, but Tiffany wasn’t in sight at all.

Maybe it was for the best that Tiffany didn’t come yet. Jessica, after all, needed to sort out her emotions A LOT before confronting—that wasn’t exactly it….

Confessing, more like.

But Jessica Jung squirmed, thinking of the myriad of reactions that Tiffany might give her. If she confessed to Tiffany that she liked her, what would Tiffany think of her? How would she react? And if she DID reject, would their friendship still last? Or would it be something so awkward that maybe at one point of time, Tiffany might even choke while giving Jessica a normal greeting.

Choke on air?

Jessica cringed.

Jessica, she thought to herself. You can do better than that. You’re better than that. You can sweep Tiffany Hwang off her feet. You own three mansions; you have five sports cars…..

And yet, she still feels like a nervous wreck.

She even gussied herself up to meet Tiffany. Jessica remembered that Tiffany was more at the simple side, since Tiffany wasn’t, well, as rich as Jessica. A nice plain t-shirt with a funny print, jeans, a watch, and slippers. That’s about it. Jessica styled her hair so many times that her hair was nearly a wreck, and she had no choice but to leave it down.

“JESSICA!”

Ack. It’s Tiffany.

Well, that was an understatement! Jessica’s feelings were more like ‘oh God it’s Tiffany, she’s right over there, waving at me, coming closer, wait, is she running oh God please please please….’

“Tiffany!” Jessica managed a smile and a wave, trying to hide her apparent nervousness. “You’re early!”

Wait, what is she saying?! Tiffany’s fifteen minutes late!

“I am?” a confused Tiffany blinked. “I’m fifteen minutes la-“

“Yeah, I know,” Jessica automatically interrupted her. “But it’s okay,” she spoke.

Tiffany peered at Jessica with a confused look. “Are you okay? You seem pretty jumpy-“

“I’m perfectly fine!”

But in reality, Jessica was nervous. Very nervous. It was something that she didn’t want to show, nor feel, but the nervousness was there. She couldn’t remember the last time when she ever felt that nervous, but Jessica didn’t want to feel it now.

Tiffany’s right there in front of her, giving her that face!

That ‘You okay, Jessica?’ face!

“Ah….anyways, want to go over to my house? I…need to talk to you, Tiff.”


She waited.

Tiffany waited for that particular thing that Jessica wanted to talk about. Jessica was shifting uncomfortably, and she kept on clearing every time she attempted to talk. There seemed to be something wrong with Jessica in Tiffany’s opinion, and she was starting to get rather worried for her good friend.

“….Are you really okay, Jessica?” Tiffany leaned forward, sipping her tea.

“Uhm….Tiffany,” Jessica spoke in a matter-of-factly manner. “There’s something that I’ve wanted to tell you all this while…”

“You’ve said that twenty times, Jessica.”

“O-Oh, I did?” Jessica blinked.

“It can’t be that bad, right?” Tiffany smiled reassuringly. “Come on, you can tell me. If it’s something bad, I promise not to get mad. Really.”

“It’s not that,” Jessica casted her eyes downwards. “Well….maybe it’s that, but….”

Will you accept my feelings if I tell you?


 

“I like you,” Jessica said.

She waited.

She waited for a response.

Tiffany’s face looked so shocked, that Jessica thought that she couldn’t stand a chance. She must’ve said something wrong. She must’ve done it wrong. Tiffany wouldn’t like her anymore. They wouldn’t be friends even if Tiffany were to reject her. This is it.


 

“P-Pabo! I….I like you too!”


 

She didn’t wait anymore.

Jessica took the girl in her arms, and she became the happiest girl in the world.


31/7/2012

Playlist: Escape of the Salmhofer Witch (note that this isn’t relevant to the fic at all)