12 Years Later...

Homerun!

12 years later…

 

Donghae’s POV

 

“Hey! Good game, Donghae!” A player called to me.

“You too!” I called back. We had just won a game and are soon going to move on to professional. I wonder how Yoona’s doing now? I haven’t seen her in a long time since I have been going on world tours where we play professional baseball with other people. And she also has college to go to. I think she’s on her last year already. I went to meet Yunho, one of my team mates. I am very good friends with him. We went on walking with the other player towards the bus. We had to get going on our trip or else were going to be late on our next game on Friday. Friday was going to be the last day until we can come back to Seoul. Then we have a game in Seoul and we get to have a break until finals. I went to get a snack with Yunho and the other players. We were talking the whole ride there. It wasn’t that far. And Friday came fast with all of the  training to be done. We were out field first, other team batting. I was first base, Yunho out field. The game went on smoothly until 7th inning. The other team made a whole bunch of runs. Now it’s the last inning and the scores 10-12. We were losing by two runs. This was our only chance to win. Yunho took a step up at the plate. Come on Yunho, I know you can do it. I thought to myself. He took a swing and just barely made it to 1st base. Starting off good. The next player went up and got at least Yunho home, but is stuck at third. One more hit then we could be tied. The next person hit. It went up high and got out. Another player came out of the dug out and went to hit. One swing and boom! It went out like a firework. This could get a home run! The player on third made it home, and the batter got second. Only one more and we could win this game! I came up to the plate. A wild crowd there. He threw the ball.

“Strike!” Another throw. I swung and it hit. I could only go to second, but the other person made it home. That was it, we won! 13-12! After the inning it was over. Still 13-12. We now had to catch the plane in about two hours to get to Seoul. It took half an hour to drive over to the airport. And we had to get tickets too, so it was one and a half hours until we could sit in the waiting area. We also ate a sandwich which brings the time down to 15 minutes. When we were finished with everything we waited until we could get on the plane. Once we got on it was a long flight and I just slept the whole way there.

“We’re now getting close to landing, please put on your seat belt and stay in your seat.” The announcer said. I then woke up and just sat there waiting for the plane to stop. It was already night time in Seoul, but we were all wide awake from the time difference in the U.S. At the airport the coach let us go home for the rest of the day to sleep there. I got a taxi and went home. It’s summer time so Yoona would be home right? I thought to myself on the way to my house. I got home and went straight to sleep, I didn’t even read. Like how I usually do.

 

The next day…

 

I woke up not early, but not in the afternoon, and got changed. I got breakfast and finished eating it really fast. I wanted to see Yoona since she went to college and I haven’t seen her in while. I drove over there and rung the doorbell. She opened the door.

“Hi Yoona!” I said. I could tell she just woke up because she was still in her pajamas. She would usually change before she does anything.

“Hi Donghae.” She said then went inside. I closed the door and walked over to her room, where she continued to lay.

“When did you come back?” I asked laying down next to her.

“Wednesday,” she said.

“You want to go out? Instead of staying at home?”  asked looking at her.

“No,” she said. I went back downstairs and got breakfast. I brought it upstairs and put it on the table next to the bed. And I found Yoona sleeping.

“Hey,” I said as I pushed her.

“Hey!” I said again. She looked at me.

“Eat,” I smiled. She sat up and grabbed the plate.

“Did you eat yet?” She asked.

“Yes, now eat.” She put the plate down.

“I’ll go change,” she said as she got up. I put her back down to the bed.

“Eat,” She took the plate and took a bit out of the eggs. I left to let her get changed. She came down with her empty plate already changed.

“So where do you want to go,” I asked her while she washed the plate.

“Nowhere,” she said.

“Well you’re dressed.” I said.

“That’s the sad thing,” she said walking towards the couch which is where I was.

“Come on,” I said getting up from the couch. I held my hand out and she took it while getting up from her seat. We walked together to the car outside. I opened the door for her and she got in. I took her to an amusement park.

“Let’s go,” I said as I stopped the car. We walked in the park.

“You said you liked amusement parks right?” I  asked. She smiled and nodded. We played most of their games. After it was almost dinner time I took her out to eat. We didn’t go to a fancy restaurant, but it was god enough. The rest of the day ended quickly and I took Yoona back home and left to go home. The summer was coming to an end and I had an upcoming baseball game. Too bad Yoona couldn’t come to my baseball game. She came to most of the games she only wouldn’t come if she had to go to school or anything else. This game she had to get ready to go back to college so she couldn’t come, but it’s alright. The game came quickly, sadly we lost that one. That one was one of the few that we lost. We made a few runs, but it wasn’t enough for the others. Next year we will train harder to defeat our rivals. The worst one out of all of them, Ok Taecyeon. I thought he was the worst one of all of them, but he was the best batter. He was their pitcher. We only lost by two runs.

“Hey! Good game!” Taecyeon came up to me.

“You too. What are you planning after the season is over?” I asked.

“Well, I’m going to college then get back to baseball once the season starts again.” He answered.

After the game we got to go freely out. I went to help Yoona pack up.

“School’s almost starting right?” I said when I saw her packing.

“Yeah, not long until it starts,” she replied.

“Let me help,” I said as I got up from my seat. I stayed at her house the rest of the day and had dinner together.

“Bye,” she said.

“I’ll miss you,” I answered.

“Me too,” she smiled then closed the door. I went home and went to sleep.

 

Two days later…

 

Yoona had to go to school today so she moved her stuff over to the apartment yesterday. I had nothing to do so I just stayed home the whole day. Yunho came over along with Kyuhyun and we talked for a while until they both had to leave for dinner at their house. I had a simple dinner. Enough to fill me up, but wasn’t the best. I didn’t have some ingredients, but I didn’t want to go out so I just cooked without it and it turned out fine. After I looked at some paper work and went to sleep.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

The first day of school wasn’t all homework and study. Since it was the first day, everything went out smoothly and there weren’t any beginning of the year tests. I had science class last and sat next to someone I had never met before. All of my classes had at least one person I would know except for science. I sat next to a girl named Yuri in all of my classes, she was in my science class, too. I sat next to a guy named Taecyeon in science. Since I came a little late, there weren’t many seats for me to choose from. In fact, there was only that seat. The day after was not bad. I stayed with Yuri for a while then went home to study(not really). I had to live in a dorm because my parents had something to do with my apartment. My roommate was just my friends, not too many, but some. The day ended quickly and I went to sleep.

 

Hi peeps! Did lots of homework and have upcoming test so sorry for the late update. I try to work on my chapters as much as I can. Anyway, thanks for reading! xD