One More Win

Homerun!

 

We are starting this story way back when they were little. They would be around 7 years old at the time.

 

Donghae’s POV

“Lee Donghae up to bat!” the announcer called. I stepped up to the plate with my bat. Nervously I held the bat up. This was the first game with Yoona watching me so I can’t mess up. The pitcher, Kim Jonghyun, was my best friend along with Yoona. He got ready to throw then he threw it, it was a great pitch only one thing. I missed it. Great now Yoona is going to think I’m bad at this. Wait I just can’t get struck out.

“Strike!” yelled the empire. I brought my bat up again. Jonghyun signaled and threw. One swing I took and miss.

“Strike!” he yelled again. I stepped off the plate for a while. Okay, one chance here. It’s run or game! I walked back up and brought my bat up once again. Waited, concentrating on the ball. I looked over at Yoona and saw her smiling face. I turned back and began 1, 2, 3…swing! I swung my bat and felt a thump. I made it! I quickly dropped the bat and ran toward the first base. I watched the ball go up. Man, I hit it pretty hard. Suddenly my foot stopped running. I just stood there and watched the ball go. I was about halfway to 2nd and I stopped and watched the ball go. This is what runners usually miss. Their ball going out into the crowd, well this was a small crowd since this is just the little kids paying, but I’m going to make a promise. That I will become a professional baseball player. I continued to run and made it home! That was the game. It was 8-7. We won! I went to the dugout and took a drink. My coach came up and congratulated me. Then I went over to Yoona.

“You did a good job!” was the first thing that she said.

“Thanks, I made that run for you!” I said to her. She just smiled and then we walked over to our moms. They took us to the car and we went back home. When I got home I had to take a shower first. After that I was playing with Yoona. We went over to the park near our house and our mom watched us from the window. It was very close to our house. I have been here for my whole life so I know where everything is. Usually we would just play on the play ground. Then I would play baseball with Yoona and Jonghyun. Jonghyun came over after I finished showering. We played together like always. I want everything to stay like this forever. Me, Yoona, and Jonghyun as buddies forever. After a few hours we ate together and celebrated our victory! This wasn’t the first time we won. Jonghyun and I have won many times more. But we celebrated every win we have. This is the first when Yoona was there watching us. After we ate we had cake. It was my favorite, ice cream cake. After a while of eating cake Me, Yoona, and Jonghyun went to my room to play games. We had a lot of fun and were all happy we got to spend it with each other. We have been friends since we were in 1st grade, and we know each other really well. If we had any hard times we would always tell each other. After about an hour of playing games we went downstairs to get a drink. We went back upstairs and it was already 8:00 so we just watched TV then our parents called us down to go home. I took my trophy and put it in my room with all my other trophies. It was a big bookcase with my trophies and other things in it. I stayed up until 9:00 then I had to go to sleep because I had school tomorrow.

“Donghae! Go brush and get in bed!” My mom called. I went inside the restroom and started brushing. After a good three minutes I got my bed ready and got under the sheets. My mom came over and turned off the lights. That night I slept with a smile on my face. A smile for the first baseball game I had won when Yoona was there.

The Next Day…

“Donghae, get ready for school.” My mom said as she walked into my room to turn on the light. I saw it was a bright day outside as I got out of my bed. It was almost the end of school and I was happy for summer. I only had about one more week until it was summer break. Usually at the end of school time we would have a party and just play games. Today was our first party. I got ready for school put on a nice t-shirt and shorts. I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs. My dad had already gone to work and my mom was making breakfast for me, it was cereal like always. I looked at the time and it was already 8:30. I had plenty of time to eat. I didn’t have to go to school until 9:00. After I ate I watched TV for the rest of the time. I got into the car at around 8:45 and got to school at 8:50. It wasn’t a very far ride. I walked in with my mom and went to my room. After I got my stuff next to my chair I sat down and the bell rang. My mom had to go to work so she left and we started school. I saw a bunch of kids come into the room and I saw Jonghyun and Yoona come in together. They came over here and sat down. We spent the rest of the time doing our project together. I worked with Jonghyun and Yoona. After that it was already lunch time. I brought lunch today because the school lunch tasted nasty. Usually me, Yoona, and Jonghyun would eat at a random table together. Today we sat on the inside of the area. There were a lot of tables and we only sat on the inside. I didn’t like the inside seats because it was cold and you couldn’t see the playground with the other kids there. Jonghyun liked it because you were surrounded by other people instead of being out there. After we ate we went to the playground and played there for a while. Then the bell rang and we had to go back inside. We sat there listening to the teacher talk, after lunch it was always story time. I lied it because it was relaxing and fun to listen to. Everyday we would listen to new funny stories. Today it was not so funny though. It was boring because I didn’t like that book. It was almost the end of school and we were having our party. There was about an hour of the party then school was over. We partied for school being over and us becoming 3rd graders. It was a very fun party. There was two rooms. One was watching a movie and another was just playing games. I played with Yoona and Jonghyun for a while then we went to watch the movie together. By the time the movie was over the school bell rang we walked together to get our backpacks then we  went out to the front of the school. We were usually the last ones to get anywhere because we walked while the others ran. We were like the slow ones because we talked to each other while walking. I found my mom waiting in the car after Yoona left so I went with Jonghyun. He usually comes with me then his parents pick him up at our house. After I got home I grabbed a snack and went to my room. We just got into the room when Jonghyun had to leave so I went out to say bye then I went back to my room to do homework and watch TV.
 
Hi guys! How was my first chapter? Please comment! Please! Thanks.  :)