The Unwritten Laws of a Fangirl

The Unwritten Rules

 

If there is a primer on being a fangirl, I could’ve grabbed a copy and orient my self, but alas there is none.. I try to ask but I think it’s too embarrassing..  I believe there is some principles guiding these girls.. but I can’t seem to grasp it.. Maybe there are unwritten laws for proper decorum..  I tried to find out.. I observed some fangirls and their activities.. and I tried my best to understand them..

 

  1. observe personal space

 

“Zhou Mi! Zhou Mi!” Kyuhyun called as I eat my lunch.. I looked at him and he seated comfortably next to me, his hand brushing mine gently. I looked around to see angry stares and glares of jealous fangirls, I slip a little to the side so that he could be a few inches away from me.. personal space.. he looked at me puzzled.. “personal space” I muttered.. He nodded in agreement as he slips a little to the other side. I looked at him and smiled.. he too smiled.. and I asked myself “Kuai xian.. why make this hard for me?”

 

  1. be polite.. greet when you meet.. no bashing!

 

We walked down the hall to our next class, your hand was lightly brushing mine, I felt my cheeks warm up.. along the way, we met a couple of freshmen girls.. they stopped dead in their tracks as they bowed and greeted you, “hello Kyuhyun-oppa” you smiled and greeted them back “Hello”. I looked back at them and saw their excited faces, I knew their heart fluttered somewhere.. You looked at me with your smile.. I was jealous.. I frowned at you and said “enjoying your life with all those girls.. flirts” I walked as fast as I could, you tried to catch up, which you did eventually after I stopped, bowed low and greeted Hangeng-gege, I smiled.. I saw you frown.

 

“Kuai xian why frown at me? Did I do anything bad?”

 

  1. be generous… share

 

You ran to the music room and locked yourself. It was your hiding place.. your haven and safe refuge from the vicious fangirls that waited outside the school gate. I’ll always knock and you’ll let me enter.. I’ll sit by the piano and you let me play..  I let you sing.. and during this time, it is our lone time.. I could stare at you with no one glaring back at me.. I could hear you sing and daydream that you are singing to and for me.. only me..  but after the song and the crowd has gone.. you’ll leave the room without a word.. and I sat there holding the piano keys and clutching my heart.. I never shared this to others.. they never knew where you hide.. they threatened to hurt me if I didn’t spill.. if I can have you to myself for a little bit.. I won’t mind the pain they’ll inflict

 

  1. respect privacy, no stalking

 

 Finally it was time to go home. I packed my things and made sure I forgot nothing, then off I go home. Passing by your desk, you left your math book, we have an assignment on that book. Thinking you were clumsy and forgetful, I took it with me and decided to give you the book when I meet you downstairs. I walked down the flight of stairs excitedly but stopped halfway when I saw you going out of the campus with another girl. She was not from our school.. you left and she followed.. I too followed.. it may sound like I’m stalking but I just want t give you the book.. or so I thought so too.. Who am I kidding.. I followed you because my heart aches at the sight of you and this girl.. who was she anyway?

You stopped to wait for the bus, I waited round the bend when I dropped your book.. I ran as fast as I can, out of your sight.. you noticed that someone was following you, you heard the book drop, you checked who was that person and found the book lying on the ground.. you picked It up and smiled..

 

  1. fantasize.. infatuate.. but never… ever.. ever expect too much

 

Oh that silly boy… What would he want from me now? Henry asked me to accompany him and explain to this Wookie that there is nothing going on with us.. “but Henry I don’t like you romantically! You know who  I like.. “ “I know but Wookie.. she doesn’t believe me..” I rolled my eyes and stare at Henry with wide eyes.. “handle it yourself.. you’re a man and so be a man and prove that you really love her… do you love her?” Henry replied “of course I love her” Henry replied full of confidence, “ and so just do it, go and get your girl”

 

 I opened my math book to answer my assignment only to find it all answered. I looked at the name of the owner of the book and saw kyuhyun. I face palmed myself and yelled “pabo!” how can I drop my book instead of his? As I browsed the book  to admire your flawless handwriting, I doodles at the back. My eyes widened for the nth time as my name was written over and over.. with hearts and notes and full of kisses.. but one thing caught my attention..

 

Mr. Kyuhyun and Mrs. Mimi Cho