Final

You are Unreal

 

Sehun Loves Luhan.

He knows Luhan since he was 5. He remembers sitting alone in the park, while the other children ran around and had fun with their friends. But Sehun didn't have any friends to play with. He didn't have any friends to have fun with. That was, until he met Luhan. 

The older boy sat down on the swing next to his, and smiled softly at him. "Why aren't you playing with your friends?" Luhan asked. "Because I don't have any" he replied. I can be your friend, the cute boy beside him said. 

And like this, it begun. Since then, they were always together. Sehun remembers how they grew up, always meeting each other after school. School was the only place they didn't go together, since they didn't study at the same school. It was a shame really, but Sehun was always looking forward to the end of the day. Not because he didn't want to study, not because school was boring, not because he didn't like school. It was because he knew he would see Luhan right when he left school, waiting for him at the bus stop. And he did. He was always with him. They would go to the park together, buy bubble milk and drink it while they sat on the swings. Sehun would always want to take a picture with Luhan, and even though the older boy wasn't really fond of the idea, he complied. Because he loved Sehun too. 

They spent their days like this. They were happy. Until one day, Luhan didn't show up at the bus stop. Sehun was worried, Luhan never did this. He went to the park alone to look for him, nothing. He called him, nothing. Sehun went home, a slight feeling of emptiness consuming him.

As the weeks past, it only got worse. Luhan only showed up two or three times a week. And when he showed up, Sehun felt he was never quite happy. He always seemed distant, and he looked sick. Sometimes so pale it was like he was disappearing. 

Maybe he was disappearing.

 

"We can't be friends anymore" Luhan said, looking at the ground. "We have different lives, different goals. We should see different people, learn new things."

"I'm fine being friend with you, I'm fine living with you, I don't need other people, and I'll learn new things with you!" Sehun said, miserably trying fighting back the tears that were already falling.

"Life is not always going to be a day in the park Sehun. Life is not always going to be bubble tea and taking pictures together. You need to grow up. You need to grow up, and we need to grow apart. That's life Sehun, understand it."

Only silence was heard.

"Hyung. Look at me." Sehun said. "Look at me Luhan." The older looked up, eyes welled up with tears. "I know life isn't always going to be rainbows and butterflies and happiness. I know that we aren't always going to be happy. I know that we will have struggles in life. But i want to spend life with you, no matter what. I want us to be together no matter what. Because I love you Hyung, I really do."

Only silence was heard.

"I love you too." 

That was all it took. They shared a sweet, soft kiss. Their lips curled upwards. Their tears stopped.

But again, only silence was heard.

 

"Oh, I heard he moved honey. Maybe the place he is living has bad service, and that's why he isn't answering the phone." His mother told him.

"But he didn't tell me anything. Why didn't he?" Sehun cried in desperation.

"He didn't want to make things harder on you honey." She replied.

"Well, he did make things harder, a lot harder."

 

The next few weeks were a blur. Waking up was a blur. School was a blur. Sitting at the parks swings by himself was a blur. Going home and sleeping on a very empty stomach was a blur. Everything was a blur, except Luhan. Luhan is very clear in his mind. Luhan doesn't get out of his mind, not even one minute. And it's killing him, little by little.  

He doesn't even notice his mom opening the door and sitting on his bed, and he doesn't even look at her when she says "How was your day honey?".

"Good" he says, almost laughing at his own words. It gets funnier everyday how he says the same thing over and over again. Like good was the right word to describe his day. The word to describe his day would be a complete opposite of good, or even worse. It would be a living hell. He stared at the pictures of him and Luhan scattered across the room, and sitting on top of his palms as he rubs his finger on top of the picture of the boy he loves.

"Honey, sit beside me in the bed please, we need to talk." His mother said. After a good five minutes, he drags himself and sits beside his mother, the pictures still in his hands. "Honey, I knew I should have stopped this a long time ago, but I  thought that kids just played like this normally, and then when they grew up they would get over it." 

Sehun was quite confused, to say the least. He thought his mother would nag him that he rarely ate, studied or even talked anymore. But today, she was saying something different. Very different.

"When you talked about Luhan, it was cute. You had a 'friend', you were happier and you said you didn't feel so alone. It was a child's play after all." Sehun looked up at her mother, and she sighed. "But then you got older and you didn't seem to forget it… forget him." Sehun was a mix between fury and confusion. "Sehunnie.." She put her hand on his knee and rubbed it lovingly. "Luhan was your imaginary friend. He wasn't real. He isn't real. You were imagining this the whole time, and now that your mind stopped playing tricks on you, you seem realy depressed. I just wanted to clear things up for you-"

"WHAT?" Sehun screamed, loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. "WHY ARE YOU EVEN SAYING THIS? ARE YOU CRAZY? Of course he is real, I'm not a lunatic that imagines people!"

"Sehun baby, please believe me. Just try to think… Look at the pictures Sehun, remember the past and look at how it was just your head showing you things. You are not a lunatic Sehun, you just got through this phase later than other kids-"

"PHASE? Do you think this is a ing phase? What the hell are you saying mom! Stop lying to me, stop trying to get things into my head, leave mom, NOW." He was standing now, his finger pointing towards the door.

"Honey please-"

"NOW." Tears left his mothers cheeks as she slowly got up and left the room, closing the door after her.

Sehun collapsed on his bed, and stared at the ceiling. "Imaginary, yeah right." He said, scoffing. He actually found it pretty funny. Soon after, a loud laughter filled his room, as he almost fell off his bed from laughing too hard. He wiped his tears away, and the laughing stopped.

Silence filled the room, and the memories rushed in.

Sitting in the park, Alone.

Buying bubble tea, alone.

Taking pictures, alone.

It was true.

"No, it can't be"

He jumped up and kneeled on the ground, picking up all the pictures fallen on the bedroom floor.

Alone.

Alone.

Alone.

"No, it definitely can't be."

He picked up his phone, scrolled through the contact list. There was not even one person with the initial of L on the list.

"Please, don't let it be."

He rushed out his door, and ran as fast as he could. The cold and dirty pavement hurt his bare feet, but he couldn't feel anything. He stopped in front of Luhans house. More exactly, he stopped in front of an empty terrain with a sign that said "FOR SALE" on it.

"Oh god, don't tell me it really is."

He ran to the park, and sat down on the swings, or more like collapsed from exhaustion. The pictures. The phone calls. The days at the park. The house.

"It really is true, isn't it? Isn't it Luhan?" He said, to no one. He feels tired. He feels lost. He feels empty. He feels dead.

"Yes, it is Sehun." His eyes shoot up, and he finds a very pale, almost ghost like Luhan in front of him. "I have to go Sehun. You're growing up, and I have to leave you. I'm sorry Sehun. So… so sorry." He says, as a tears rolls down his cheek. Sehun reaches out a hand to touch his loved one, but everything disappears into white smoke. And just like that, Luhan is gone. He is gone. Forever.

Sehun loves Luhan. But Luhan isn't real. He never was. And he never will.

 

The End

 


 

A/N: Omg what did I just write. HunHan shippers are going to kill me. *hides under bed, prays not to be killed by hundreds of fangirls*