Chapter 4

A Bet; To Love You

Haera's POV

 

It's another day again and I'm now on my way to my classroom. Humming the rhythm of my favorite song when I felt that someone tapped my shoulder. I turned my head to see who is it; my jaw dropped. 

 

IT IS KAI!!!

 

   Kai the person that i'm avoiding today because of what happened last night. I'm praying since last night for me not to encounter him today. At least not today because I really don't know what will I do if ever that happens. Like right now, I just want to escape at the scene.  So I did, but ge said something.....

 

SOMETHING...

 

"Wait" I turned my head and widened my eyes, asking what is it that you want to tell me inside my head.

 

"I just wanted to say hi" After that no one talk or I can say there is too much blank air in between us. It was like the time stops purposely.

 

He seems to be shy for he only looks at me time to time. It is so far from what i thought he would be. From a far I thought that he was a cold bastard and never approaches other people which everyone knows. Maybe I was just intimidated by his aura as a kingka in this school. I was lost in my thoughts when he said something again. 

 

"About last night... I mean it, just so you know.." He said a bit stuttering.

 

"oh..." That's what all that comes out from my mouth without my notice.

 

"What... How..?" I don't know what to ask though there are many things that are on my mind right now. But he stopped me when he shoved me his phone, I just cringed in confusion.

 

"Can I have your phone too?" Though confused I give in to his favor. He pressed some digits on my phone then shoved it back to me again.

 

"Aren't you finished yet?" He asked now a little bit in a cool tone.

 

"Huh? What are you trying to..?"

 

"You're number, I'm asking for your number"

 

"Oh," I just don't know what's happening to me but I just type my number into his phone before giving it back to him with an awkward smile creeping on my face.

 

Kai's POV:

 

Kim Jong In! You should compose your self! This thing is just way out of your image. But what's more way out of your is that your stuttering. As I tried composing myself. After I calmed myself, If I talk to her again; Now with a cool voice.

 

"I shall contact you later, Haera ssi" The moment her name comes out of my mouth her eyes popped out. Obviously shocked.

 

"May I ask again, How do you know about me?" I know that this question would come out. tch!

 

"I've been keeping an eye on you eversince, I just don't have the courage to approach you. If you know what I mean" A hundred percent lie *sigh*

 

"Don't you have any other thing to say except; oh?"

 

"Why? Should I say something?" She says innocently while cofusion plays on her face. I was about to say something when the crisp ring of the bell passes through our ears.

 

"I'll just contact you later, bye" I bid my farewell to her with a kiss on the back of her palm. Then she froze at her place. Thinking that I won the first battle, I winked at her before running to my classroom.

 

End Of POV

 

3rd Person's POV

It was break time for the students this time so Kai took the opportunity to text Haera.

 

안녕!

Let us meet

at the auditorium

-Kai<3

 

She was shocked at the name that Kai had inputted. Though Haera is curious of what surprises are waiting for her at the auditorium she insisted for  she doesn't want to be tagged as "easy-to-get nerd"

 

End Of POV

 

Kai's POV

 

Since I don't know what to do with this girl, I got a little help from the twins. They ask me to text her and bring her some lunch so I did. But to my disappointment she replied:

 

"Sorry Kai ssi

I can't go with you

yet since I don't 

know you  yet in

Person"

-Shin Haera

 

"Hyung you need to keep on pursuing her" Kwangmin said frowning while tapping my shoulder.

"Can't you see? She said that she don't want to" I replied

"Give it to me hyung!" Youngmin grab my phone from my hands and replied to the previous message.  When he already sent it he gave it back to me for me to read it.

 

"That's what I mean. We don't know each other yet, so it is the opportunity for us to do so"

-Kai<3

 

"But I'm busy at the time, I can't go now"

-Shin Haera

 

"Where are you right now?"

-Kai<3

 

"I'm at the library"

-Shin Haera

 

"Okay Stay there, I'm coming"

-Kai<3

 

"Hyung! you should go now at the library. fetch her from there and bring her lunch. We'll take care of the foods first until you come back with her" Youngmin said.

 

The message conversation ended with the twins taking turns of who shall reply. In short, It wasn't me at all.

"But what if she doesn't go with me?" I ask out of curiosity but still be able to deliver in a cool tone.

"If I were you Hyung, I'm going now instead of thinking about things like that" Kwangmin said walking away with Youngmin.

 

END OF POV