I'll Be There

I'll Be There

 

Surrounded by darkness, Lee Sungyeol was lying on the cold floor, hearing the sound of sirens, he quickly got to his feet; taking in the unfamiliar surrounding as his chest heaved rapidly,

Where am I 

He began to walk through the endless tunnel, his heart began to tighten. He soon collapsed from the pain, gasping for air. He closed his eyes tightly as his head began to throb.

I need help. I need somebody right now! I’m not breathing; I don’t know what to do. I need Help! He began to struggle to find his bearing, as he tried to get back to his feet. His heart began to hurt at every movement.

Oppa, I’ll meet you at our meeting spot. A voice sung in his head, causing his eyes to snap open, to see the tunnel now has a light at the end. He began to attempt to crawl toward the ending.

You’ll be there right? The voice sung again, with that he got to his feet.

Where am I exactly, he began to run toward the end of the tunnel. As he ran through the tunnel, memories of the voice began to flow back to him.

Promise me, you’ll be there.

Haneul!  His mind screamed, as he reached the end of the tunnel revealing the city’s night sky.

I’ll be there Haneul.

As he walked through the Lifeless city, he felt as if someone was following him, quickly turning back. “Who’s there!” he glared, “Where are you going?” an unfamiliar voice said calmly.  “Who said that!” he roared as he began to look around to see the emptiness of the city. With a sigh, he began to run toward their meeting spot. As he ran, he felt as if something was stabbing him in his chest, causing him to stumble from the impact. As he tried to catch his breath, he could feel eyes staring at him.

“Are you sure?” A voice whispered.

Just as he finally caught his breath, a wave of electricity surged through his chest, causing him to lose his breath and collapsed to the floor.

No one going to help me, but please, this is an emergency!

His breathing slowly became regulated, as he slowly opened his eyes to see a shadow walking away. “Who?” he blinked, and he quickly got up, and began to run after the shadow. “Wait!” he yelled, hoping for the shadow to stop. “I just want to say thank you!” he yelled, as he stopped running, he realized he was now in a forest. He took the scenery in, as he began to search for the shadow.

“Oppa, hurry!” the voice cried, causing his heart to cringle.

He clutched his chest tightly, as he began to search through once more, with that he quickly turned his heels, and began to run through the forest, shocking himself.

I guess I’ve been here before.

Soon he reached a clearing, their meeting spot, it became clear, why it was familiar. He glared at the sight however, “Who are you?” he roared, seeing a boy about his age dressed in white, calmly sitting on their tree stump. “Kim Myungsoo.” He replied, indifferent towards the boy’s anger. “What are you doing here?” he glared as his fist tighten, “where is Haneul!” he said controlling his anger. “You really, haven’t understood your situation yet?” Myungsoo said, his voice holding pity, “what are you talking about!” he scoffed, “Listen Haneul is mine.”  Sungyeol said seriously as Myungsoo sighed shaking his head. “Where are you right now?” Myungsoo asked as Sungyeol raised a brow, “In a forest, in one of mine and haneul’s meeting spot.” He smirked. With a sigh, Myungsoo stood up, “listen, haven’t you noticed the clock!” he glared, “Back in the city, didn’t you notice it!” he roared, clearly losing his patience. “What is your issue?”  Sungyeol blinked.

“What clock?” he scoffed and shrugged, “I didn’t notice anything about it!” he laughed, causing Myungsoo to sigh. “Listen, whatever prank, you’re trying to pull, it .” Sungyeol glared. “I’m trying to help you!” Myungsoo sighed. “Well, I don’t want your help.” He chuckled bitterly. “I have to go, I promise someone I would be somewhere!” he said walking past Myungsoo. “Don’t you realize where you are?” Myungsoo said lifelessly. “Do you… even remember who I am?” he hesitated, trying to hide the hint of sadness in his voice.  “Should I?” Sungyeol blinked, “You realize in the end of this, you’re only going to get hurt.” Myungsoo said seriously, as Sungyeol just continued to walk.

Sungyeol hasn’t realized what state he is in, so he continues to walk, toward their meeting spot.

As he reached a hill with one tree on the very top, he smiled brightly.

I’m almost there!

 He sprinted up the hill, to see Haneul leaning against the tree. “Haneul!” he smiled as he opened his arms, she turned towards him with a smile. “Oppa” she smiled, as he ran toward her, everything began to slow down for him, as she opened her arms waiting for him to hug her, with a smile he closed his eyes waiting for the impact, only to have a rush of wind to go through him, he open his eyes to only realized the impact never came, and he was now behind the girl, who was in the embrace of someone else. His eyes widen as everything came rushing back to him. He began to choke for air, as the memories flowed back to his head.

“Promise me, you’ll be there.” Haneul said, “I promise” he said as he hung up the phone with a grin.  “Haven’t you realized that Haneul is involved in Myungsoo disappearance and death?” A man sighed, “Sungkyu Hyung, are you serious, Haneul is too sweet, and she couldn’t have done anything like that.” Sungyeol glared, “Sungyeol, how can you not see it!” Sungkyu roared. “I don’t want you to be next!” he said seriously, “I have to go hyung” he scoffed as began to walking toward the door. “I’ll be waiting for you.” He smiled to himself, as he hopped on to his bike, as he tightens his helmet strips; he took off, excited to see his lover.  Soon he was stopped, at a road block, “you can’t go this way today, there is road work going on.” A construction worker smiled, “any other way to get to Shinwha Hill.” He blinked, “ah take the tunnel, it will lead you to an old city, then a forest then you’ll see a clearing, then go past the tree stump, and you’ll see the hill.” The construction worker said, as Sungyeol nodded, “Thank you.” He smiled turning his bike around, only to race off toward the entrance of the tunnel.

Man, it like a sea of darkness. He sighed as he started his bike again, and began to make his way through the tunnel.

Soon his phone message alarm went off. It must be Haneul; with a smile he pulled out his phone to see

This is the end, Lee Sungyeol. I gotten everything I needed from you, however you know too much.’ --- Unknown

This is odd? It’s not Haneul number either. So who would send this to me?

Just as he saw the end of the Tunnel, he pulled out his phone to call the number, everything slowed down, as a car swiveled and began to head directly toward Sungyeol.

 

“I told you” Myungsoo said as he helped Sungyeol stand up. “So am I…” he said in shock, “Not yet.” Myungsoo said, “You are in Limbo, though” Myungsoo said. “Wait, so I died!” Sungyeol yelled. “Not exactly” Myungsoo smiled, “Your body in the hospital, because of Sungkyu.” Myungsoo started, “Right now, you’re in the state of Limbo, where they see if you die or go back to living.” He finished with a yawned, “so, you’re in limbo too?” Sungyeol blinked as Myungsoo lightly smiled, “no I’m died, but I became my best friend guardian angel.” Myungsoo said lightly.  “Are you the Myungsoo that Hyung was talking about?” He rubbed his aching head. “Maybe?” he blinked, as he walked over to the couple. “You know, this girl who is your life as you put it, did you wrong.” Myungsoo sighed, “What are you talking about.” Sungyeol glared, “Haneul would never do something like that… would she?” he said glancing at her in the other man embrace.  “You should have stayed with SungMi.” Myungsoo muttered to himself, as he began to walk down the hill, leaving Sungyeol who was lost in his thoughts.

With a sigh and a snap, they appeared at the hospital. “If she really cared, wouldn’t she be here.” Myungsoo sighed, as Sungyeol walked up to the window, to see his body. “Hey…Myungsoo since I’m here can’t I…you know go back into my body.” He said turning to Myungsoo with pleading eyes. “I can’t let you do that.” He sighed, as Sungyeol scoffed, “you just don’t want me to live, because you’re…. You’re jealous, that I have Haneul!” he pushed Myungsoo, “that why you showed me, her with that guy!” he glared, grabbed his shirt collar.  “Sure, I really want the girl, who tried to kill my best friend and now might have ended his life!” Myungsoo yelled as his tears of frustration fell on to his delicate cheeks.  “Best friend?” he blinked, “forget about it, I’m just supposed to make sure you don’t mess up in Limbo!” he glared as he sat on the bench, wiping his tears. The two sat in silence, just as Sungyeol was about to open his mouth, “Will it make you happy, if I let you return to your body.” Myungsoo said coldly holding back the sadness, while avoiding Sungyeol’s eyes. “Yes, that will make me happy, to live again!” Sungyeol smiled a bright grin, Myungsoo smiled at the sight.  “But, can I be with you for a little more.” Myungsoo smiled gently. “Sure” Sungyeol laughed. “Where will we go?” he asked with a smile, as Myungsoo snapped his fingers. Soon, they were in the clearing again, “why here?” Sungyeol asked as he sat on the stump, earning a head ach, as Myungsoo just remained silent.

 Hey Sungyeolie, we should claim this spot as ours. A 5 year old boy smiled, a boy who looked a lot like Myungsoo, but younger.

“We’ll always be best friends.”

He simply brushed the thoughts away, as he saw Myungsoo standing in the ray of sunlight.

“I can’t do that!” Myungsoo yelled into the ray of light, “I just can’t….he will continue to live on!” he glared, “Fine, I’ll give up my life for him!” he said walking away from the ray of light. “Let’s go Sungyeol!” he said grabbing his hand tightly, causing the confused Sungyeol to feel an electric wave surge through his whole body, as his vision flash to a earlier time. 


“I’m Kim Myungsoo! It’s nice to meet you.” He bowed toward the older boy. “Hyung this is my best friend!” little Sungyeol laughed, hugging the other 5 year old boy.

“Yeolie, your legs are too long!” Myungsoo groaned as he held onto his bamboo pillow, “Fine!” he chuckled, “get on!” he bend down in front of Myungsoo. “Thanks” he smiled, as he rode on Sungyeol back, “our forest looks amazing from this height.”

“Guys this is Haneul, the love of my life!” Sungyeol hugged her waist, “Ah take care of my yeolie.” Myungsoo smiled, walking into the other room, Sungyeol quickly followed him, “So is she okay?” he blinked, “If she makes you happy.” Myungsoo smiled

“Move” Sungyeol shoved his way through the crowd, “Myungsoo!” he yelled seeing the lifeless body on the street. “Myungsoo!” he shook him hard, as his tears fell, “Myungsoo!” he cried, “why are you so loud, yeolie” he smiled, “Myungsoo, you’re going to make it I swear!” he forced a smile as tears fell, “I can’t feel my legs, Sungyeol. I know it won’t be alright, but it is okay… because you’re here with me.” Myungsoo smiled, only to cough up blood. “Myungsoo.” He cried, hugging him. “IS AN AMBULANCE COMING YET?” He roared, “Yeolie, it’s too late.” He smiled, “I’ll always be there, with you.” Myungsoo closed his eyes with a smile.

“Sungyeol, you can’t keep staying on this street, he never coming back!” Haneul sighed, as Sungyeol sat on the street, where Myungsoo was waiting for him. “No, I’ll wait for him, he going to be here soon!” he yelled. “Sungyeol I’m sorry, I had to do this.” She flashed a light in his face. “Soon you’ll forget all about Myungsoo.” Haneul smirked.

Tears filled his eyes, as Myungsoo took him to the hospital. “You’re going to live again.” Myungsoo smiled, only for Sungyeol to hug him tightly. “I’m sorry I forgot you.” He hugged him tightly. “Myungsoo, My Myungsoo, you’re here, you were always here, right by me, we’re together again.” He smiled as Myungsoo began to glow and slowly began to dissipate to dust. “What’s happening?” he yelled taking a step back, “Yeolie, don’t worry. You get to live again.” He smiled as his feet were now gone. “No, I won’t lose you again!” he began to cry, “Please, I don’t want to lose you.” He said as he held Myungsoo tight as Myungsoo, just chuckled softly hiding his sadness, “I did this for you.” Myungsoo smiled, “now you can live on.” He smiled, “Myungsoo.” He started, “I… No I...I don’t want to live, if I don’t have you next to my side.” He croaked holding the other tighter as tears fall harshly. “Sungyeol, I want you to move on and have a wonderful life you deserve.” He smiled, as his tears began to fall as well.

“Where are you going to go?” Sungyeol knew he was hiding something. “Back to heaven… right?” he said nervously, as Myungsoo lightly shook his head, “I ruined the system, they were still debating whether you we’re going to stay alive or not, but I ruined it by allowing you to get you memories back and revealing who I was, so they’re probably going to banish me from being an angel.” He said sadly, “Isn’t there a way, to fight back, to stay in limbo!” Sungyeol asked as his heart began to hurt again, “No, limbo is only temporary.” He said serious. “Wait, can I take us somewhere?” Sungyeol asked, as Myungsoo nodded. He snapped his fingers, causing Myungsoo to laugh, “Hold on to me.” He smiled, as Sungyeol picked him up, and held him tighter; he snapped his fingers for the last time.

“Where our lives started together, our forest that was on our street!” Sungyeol smiled, as Myungsoo eyes began to tear up.  “Sungyeol, Thank you.” He smiled as he hugged his best friend one last time. “Myungsoo, this isn’t the end right, we’ll see each other once again right?” Sungyeol said with tears. “I’ll be there waiting for you.” He smiled, as he closed his eyes for the final time and dissipated into the air, leaving golden feathers.

The cold wind began to wraps around Sungyeol, “I’ll be waiting for you, with a smile I’ll be there.” He heard Myungsoo voices say.

As Sungyeol closed his eyes, he saw the smiling boy “Myungsoo….” Sungyeol said through the oxygen mask, as he tried to sit up. “Myungsoo.” He cried, shocking SungKyu, “Nurse!” Sungkyu called the doctors and nurses.  “What’s in your hand?” SungKyu blinked, as Sungyeol weakly looked down to see a golden feather, a smile creped on to his face, as tears fell quickly. He held the feather close to his chest.

~

As soon as he was released from the hospital, he went to their spot. He touched the stump, and smiled. He looked up into the night sky, as his tears spilled down his cheeks

You’re not by my side but I love you, I’ll wait for you, I call your name thousands of times but no answer
Under the dazzling sky, I only want you to come, I fell into my tears and can’t even stand up again
Just like now, I’ll be waiting for you here, where you’re not present.

That night, he fell asleep on that very stump.  “Sleeping in the cold, without a blanket is very foolish” a voice laughed as he gently traced his face, as he placed a feather in his hand, and walked away.

As the light beamed on his face he noticed he was covered in feathers fluff, “Myungsoo, thank you for keeping me warm, I’ll be here, whenever I can!” he smiled

Sungyeolie, you found me. I guess I made this too easy. Well I’ll worry about you; I’ll wait until you join me.

~

“Dad...” The 4 year old boy clung to his father hand as they walked into a forest, “Yes, Myungsoo?” he stared at the boy’s eyes, the eyes that looked very much like another Myungsoo. “Why are we here? And why can we only come late at night” he blinked, “because Myungsoo…. This place is magical.” He smiled looking up to see golden wings shoot open, revealing the Angel of the forest. 

“I was waiting.” A voice chuckled.