Chapter 2

Lost Memories » Indefinite Hiatus

"Hey. Are you awake? You okay?"

Wooyoung's eyes slowly opened after adjusting to the light.

"I'm glad you're fine!" Wooyoung hears a cutesy girl voice near him. 

He turned over to the source only to come face to face with a girl who looked like she was 12.

"Wha-"

"You're in the hospital right now. I found you in the alley." The girl explained while Wooyoung clutched his head in pain.

"In the alley?"

The girl nodded her head before asking some more questions.

"What were you doing in the alley? Were you beat up? What's your name?"

"Name." Wooyoung repeated. "Wh-whats my name?" 

"Hey don't stress yourself right now. Maybe you have short term memory loss. Do you have your wallet with you? You'll just have to look at your id to see your name."

"Wallet. I. I don't know where it is." Wooyoung answers frantically after searching his pockets only to feel empty space.

"How about a phone? I can just call one of your friends to tell them."

"Nothing. My pockets are empty."

"Empty. B-but what am i supposed to do then?"

At this time, the nurse walked into the room and over to their bed.

"I see you've woken up. How are you feeling? Can i get your ID to fill out the papers?"

"Uhm. About that. He doesn't remember anything. And he also lost his wallet and phone."

"Lemme go call the doctor for you then." 

In another few minutes, the nurse came running back with the doctor. 

"Wooyoung-ah, its you again."

"Do i know you?" Wooyoung asks hesitantly.

The doctor nodded solemly. "You came to this hospital a lot back then when you were still a delinquent. You constantly fought and came to me to treat your wounds."

"Then do you know anyone he can contact?" The girl interupts.

"Uh. You are?"

"Oh. Anneyonghaesyo, Lee Jieun imnida." Jieun greeted while forming a ninety degree bow. 

"Ah. Miss Lee. And what is your relationship with Wooyoung?"

"Strangers. I don'tknow him. I coincidentally found him in the alley and brought him over."

"Ahh. I seee. But im sorry to say i don't know. Wooyoung has always been a cold boy and he always came and left by himself. He didn't write down any contacts either."

"Bu-but. What are you guys going to do with him then?" 

"We can't keep him here forever. When his wounds heal he can't just stay in the hospital because of memory loss."

"Whaat. Thats so cruel."

"I know. But it's the hospital's rules. Can you please take care of him in the meantime?"

"But i don't even know him!" 

"Then we have no choice but to throw him out."

"Wait. Fine. I'll take care of him in the meantime."

"Thanks very much Miss Lee. If anyone comes to find Wooyoung, i'll make sure to contact you."

Jieun nodded and then wrote her contact information on a piece of a paper before passing it to the doctor and leading Wooyoung out. 

"Are you sure you want to come to me?" Jieun questions Wooyoung when they took a step out of the hospital doors.

"Well you did promise the doctor. Besides if you really didn't want to, you should've said something when we were inside."

"I didn't want you to get thrown away okay? I'll feel really bad if you get kicked out."

"Alright alright. No need to be so cranky. Thanks for saving my life okay?" Wooyoung flashed a smile, making Jieun unable to be mad at him.

"C'mon. Lets get you to my house. You need rest."

Wooyoung nodded and let Jieun bring him away.