Prologue/Chapter One

I'm Stuck With This Crapped Up Fantasy Of You Being Mine

Prologue

I have this fantasy of saving you and sweeping you off your feet. I have this fantasy of looking intently in your endless, chocolate-brown eyes and whispering, “Be mine”

 

But no. Unfortunately, this is where reality steps in and ruins EVERYTHING.

 

I can’t be your knight in shining armor (Partly because I don’t freaking have an armor) but this dream can’t really come alive because of several ing reasons.

 

1. We hardly ever speak

2. I’m a complete failure when it comes to striking up a conversation

 

3. I’m so in love with you that I can’t even say a sentence to you without stuttering or without blurting out the words, “OMGOSH, I FREAKING LOVE YOU”

 

They are so many more reasons, but honestly, listing them all out kinda demoralizes the hell out of me.

 

In fact, listing them out just further emphasizes to me how cruel reality can be. It constantly haunts me how no matter how much you want or desire something; you can’t always have what you want. And this KILLS me.

 

Even if we somehow (miraculously) end up together, I don’t even know if I’m good enough for you. You’re perfect in every possible way, so flawless that you practically SHINE as you walk down the hallway. So why should someone like me, be with you?

 

Even so, I can’t help but keep these fantasies locked up in my heart. Maybe we’ll never end up together but those little, but precious memories I have of/with you? Yeah, those are mine to keep.

Don’t worry, they’re safe in my heart.

 

Chapter One

Dongahe's POV

 

The awkward moment when your crush catches you staring at him.

 

Hi floor, would you be so kind to just, I don’t know… SWALLOW ME NOW?

 

Hyuk Jae blinks at me several times before giving me a shy smile and a small wave. And that’s when the world stopped turning and my heart beat slowed down until it stopped. You know that moment when it feels like no one else is in the room, except for just you and that special person? Well, if you don’t, then this is how it feels like (Well, at least to me): It feels like pure bliss. Like you’re floating on air, like the birds practically SING for you.

 

And then, as always, reality comes knocking at my door.

 

Realizing my current situation, my cheeks burst into flames and I started to panic. What the hell am I supposed to do? Wave back? Why isn’t my hand responding? OF ALL DAYS, my body chooses this one to freeze up on me. Well, if it isn’t Donghae’s lucky day.

 

“Donghae! Earth to Donghae!”

 

I swear, I’ve never loved my best friend more.

 

Grabbing the opportunity to turn away from Hyuk Jae, I said, “Kyuhyun, I LOVE YOU.”

 

Kyuhyun wrinkles his nose and pretends to gag. “Donghae, please don’t tell me you’ve moved on from your crush since like kindergarten, and turned your affections to me?”

 

Mu turn to gag. “Hell no. You just freaking save me from the most awkward situation of my life.”

 

“What? You finally decided to confess to him?”

 

Hah, I wish.

 

“No, you douchebag. Lee Hyuk Jae caught me staring at him.”

 

“Well, I got to say that I’m kind of surprised. I mean, he only catches you NOW? You stare at the guy 10 to 20 times a day. You sometimes even drool”

 

“I DO NOT. Let me finish! He caught me staring, and then he SMILED. And then he WAVED.”

 

“Are you sure he wasn’t waving to someone behind you?”

 

“There was freaking eye-contact!”

 

“Alright, alright. So, did you wave back?”

 

*Silence*

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head sympathetically.

 

“Guess not.”

 

Ah, there go my cheeks bursting into flames like nobody’s business. Damn you, Hyuk Jae. I want to hate you so badly. You’re driving me crazy, you know that? I’ll probably be better off hating you. That way, perhaps the pain in my chest, if unable to cease to exist, can at least subside a little. Plus, I’ll be saving myself a major heartbreak.

 

They keep telling me they’re other fish in the water, but what if my heart is a stubborn who doesn’t want to let go? What if my heart only has a place for that one guy?

 

Hyuk Jae, every time I think I’m getting close to moving on, you come out of nowhere and do something adorable unknowingly, making me love you even more? FML, it’s getting impossible to give up on you.

 

“FOR THE LAST TIME. EARTH TO DONGHAE.”

 

Kyuhyun slaps me and I ‘wake up’ from my thoughts.

 

I take back everything I said about loving my best friend. DAMN, THAT HURT LIKE HELL.

 

I slap him back (hard) before yelling, “MARS TO KYUHYUN.”

 

“That didn’t even make sense.”

 

“Oh shut up.”

 

 

“Ah, Donghae! Just the guy I wanted to see!”

 

Oh hell no, it’s my history teacher. I don’t hate him, really! I just have something against his methods of teaching, that e look on his face, those ugly brown shoes that he never fails to wear every day, his voice, his desk, his pencil, his pen and his eraser. Other than that, he and I get along JUST FINE.

 

“Erm.. Yes?”

 

“You and I need to have a little chat in my office!”

 

With that, he spins around and enters his office, leaving the door open for me. How considerate of him, really.

 

“Kyuhyun, don’t leave me alone with him. I’m begging you.”

 

My ‘best friend’ simply smirks and says, “But Donghae… You’re the guy he just wanted to see.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

Kyuhyun smirk turns into an innocent, angelic smile, before he practically pushes me towards the office.

 

FML.

 

-In the office-

 

“You wanted to see me, Mr. Kim?”

 

“Your partner for the history project has transferred school.”

 

Did the guy hate me that much? We barely even talked due to my lack of social skills. The only person I ever felt comfortable talking with is Kyuhyun. Hence the whole best friend thing.

 

“But no worries, my dear boy! A student from another class has decided to transfer to my class! Well, isn’t that great?

 

Are you kidding me? Someone actually wanted to transfer into his class? Was this person even sane?

 

“And since you don’t have a partner for the history project, he’ll be your new partner!”

 

No .

 

“Isn’t that great, Donghae?”

 

I took a deep breath. Go to your happy place Donghae, go to your happy place…

 

“Yes sir”

 

“Oh goody! Your new partner has arrived! Welcome Mr. Lee!”

 

Mr. Lee? Well look who has the same sir name as me. I swear, the only guy I wouldn’t mind pairing up with, other than Kyuhyun, is obviously LEE HYUK JAE because he’s – HOLY . IS THAT HYUK JAE STANDING AT THE DOOR LOOKING INSANELY CUTE WITH THAT KAWAII SMILE ON HIS FACE?

 

“Donghae! Meet your new partner!’

 

Yup, I have offically entered my happy place.

 

 

 

So, how do y'all like the 1st chapter? Please do comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading~~ I love y'all <3