Just Let It Rain

Just Let It Rain

Changmin

                Sooyoung looked up at the transparent umbrella she was holding, watching as raindrop after raindrop pelted the object that kept her dry. It was raining again just like it had been in the past days. She wasn’t usually fond of walking under the rain and today was no exception. It made her feel cold and alone… not to mention she didn’t like getting wet at all. Sooyoung sighed miserably as she continued walking, only to pause once more when she heard a distant voice from somewhere behind her.

“Sooyoung! Wait up!”

                She turned around, only to find Changmin walking as brisk as the rain would allow under his own umbrella that resembled hers. A look of relief crossed his face when she stayed put and waited for him, increasing his pace. Sooyoung frowned as she noticed the hem of his jeans already wet but bit back her comment; a questioning look crossing her face instead.

“Oppa?”

“Are you going home already?”

The tall brunette nodded. “Are you?”

“Let’s walk together.”

Sooyoung opened but closed it again, silently walking beside him under the rain.

It didn’t feel so lonely and cold anymore.

 

Jaejoong

“What are you looking at?”

“The rain.” She answered simply without removing her gaze from the tear stained window. “It looks so pretty.”

Jaejoong arched an eyebrow, moving until he was standing directly behind her. It was a cold morning all thanks to the fact that the skies had chosen to open up that day. He stared absently at the rain outside the house, listening as Sooyoung described how the rain would create beautiful pictures. He had always loved photography and couldn’t agree more with her observation. But he had better ideas.

A gasp escaped her lips when she felt strong arms around her waist, pulling her against a muscular chest. “Oppa, what are you doing?”

“I think us watching the rain like this would make a better picture, right?” Jaejoong murmured as he nuzzled his cheek with her own.

Sooyoung smiled, resting her own arms on his as they silent watched the rain.

 

Siwon

Sooyoung couldn’t tell which were tears and which were raindrops.

                The heavens seemed to join her in her mourning and disappear, countless after countless of raindrops falling over her trembling body. Her eyes were blood shot; her skin pale. Her knees had given way earlier and now she was left to sit before the grave of her parents; two people who were gone just way too soon. A chocked sob pierced through the silent afternoon as she gazed longingly at the grave; more of her tears mixing with the rain.

“I don’t think your parents will be happy to see you like this.”

Sooyoung turned around and looked up. “Oppa…”

Siwon sighed. He, himself, was soaked from head to toe in his haste to find her when Heechul had called him, frantically babbling on and on about Sooyoung missing. “Everyone’s worrying about you.”

“I’m so sorry.” She lowered her head and another sob left her.

Siwon could only sigh yet again as he sat down beside her and took her in her arms.

 

Kai

“Noona! Noona!” Kai all but shrieked in disbelief as he ran with an umbrella in his hand. “NOONA!”

“What’s wrong?”

“What do you mean what’s wrong?” His eyes went wide as he skidded into a stop in front of her. “What are you doing out here in the rain?”

Sooyoung smiles widely at him. “I’m dancing.”

He looked at her as if she had grown two more heads. “And you aren’t dancing inside because?”

“Where’s the fun in that?” Her shoulders lifted in a shrug as she twirled around and around again/

“Noona, you’re going to get sick!” Kai fussed as he attempted to shield her with an umbrella. Sooyoung stopped moving all of a sudden and before Kai could let out a sigh of relief, the umbrella was suddenly yanked out of his grasp and thrown somewhere far. “NOONA!”

She laughed as she watched him try to cover his head in amusement. “Don’t tell me you haven’t tried dancing in the rain?”

                A pout was Kai’s answer and Sooyoung could only laugh harder. Taking his hands into hers, Sooyoung began swaying to a silent melody. Kai looked around awkwardly as she dragged him with her; the rain still showering them from the skies. Slowly but surely, a smile crept up his handsome face as he danced more willingly; his own laughter joining hers as they danced around under the rain.

 

Kris

                Sooyoung held out a hand, grimacing as the rain fell uncontrollably on her skin. Pulling her hand back, she could only sigh at the gloomy sky. Of all the days she could forget her umbrella… She just couldn’t believe her bad luck. Judging just by how hard it was raining, it wasn’t going to end soon and that only meant she was going to be stuck where she was longer than she wished.

“Sooyoung.”

A surprised expression crossed her face at the sight of the tall man walking towards her. “You stranded too?”

“I didn’t expect it to rain.” Kris rolled his eyes as he came to a stop beside her. “Do you think this will stop anytime soon?”

She shook her head. “I don’t think so.”

“So what are you planning to do now?” The sandy blond haired man arched an eyebrow; his jaw soon dropping when she ran outside. “Choi Sooyoung, are you crazy?”

“I don’t want to be stranded here.” Sooyoung grinned, running back only to grab his hand and yanked him with her. “Let’s go home, Kris.”

Kris sighed, merely intertwining their fingers as they dashed under the rain.

If he was going to get sick, at least he was going to get sick along with her.

 

Kyuhyun

                The rain seemed to be one with her pain as she ran, not caring if she was already completely soaked from head to toe. Anything was better than that feeling she had in her heart; as if it was being torn into bits and pieces over and over again. Sooyoung ran faster, nearly slipping on the wet road. She barely noticed how the street was empty; the fact that no one was there to witness her agony giving her little to no relief.

“Sooyoung!”

                At the sound of the voice, Sooyoung pushed herself forwards, willing her legs to get her farther and farther away. But she had no such luck. A hand was soon wrapped around her arm and she was soon pulled back; her blank eyes meeting with his frantic ones. She couldn’t feel anything anymore. She didn’t want to feel anything. Yet here he was, destroying all of that.

                Kyuhyun was looking at her with such intensity that she didn’t know what to feel and how to react. Suddenly, it was like nothing else mattered – not the rain, not anyone who could see them, nothing. Sooyoung could feel her anger cooling down and she idly wondered if it was the rain or if it was the love she saw in his eyes. Whatever the case was, all thoughts flew out of her brain when Kyuhyun crashed his lips against hers. It continued to rain but all of a sudden, she felt so warm right where it mattered most.

Her heart