Unbreakable

Love Dust

 

Unbreakable... Or so I thought. I am broken. I have fallen down and I can’t get up. The storm has succeeded in swallowing me. I’m broken. I’m broken, and I’ve given up. My wings were trampled by the darkness and now I am broken. I’m not unbreakable like the others. Even little Zelo is so much stronger than me. No matter what Daehyun and YoungJae might say, or how many cuddles Zelo and Jongup can give me, or even the looks that Him Chan can give me, I am weak and broken. Pain. Pain is all I can feel. There were days when I was just numb. Those were much better than these, so full of pain. Why can’t I sink back into that numbness again?

“Hey, hyungie,” I hear a voice behind me. It’s Zelo. I smile, or at least lift the corner of my lip, to acknowledge that he’s talking to me.

“Hyung, please talk to me,” he whines. I shake my head.

“Yong Guk, seriously. She can’t have left you in this must pain. Hmmm... I know what you need.” I lightly raise my eyebrows.

“You need to get up, get a shower, get dressed and then we can go find Ji Yong and dazzle some girls.”

I sigh. “OK, then. I’ll be down in a minute.” I have no choice but to give in to his cuteness.

“Yay, hyungie! I can’t wait!”

“Fine. See you in a minute.” He smiles from ear to ear.

I go upstairs, have a nice long shower, and then start to get dressed. I wear a black button-up shirt, leaving the top two buttons undone, black jeans and red converse for a splash of color. I go back down to meet Zelo, who is wearing a similar outfit, but with blue converse instead of red.

“JIYONG-HYUNG?” Zelo yells. Ji Yong sticks his head out of his bedroom door. “How long does it take for a GUY to get dressed?” Zelo scolds.

“Sorry, I’m just doing my hair.”

“Hurry up, then.”

Onew pokes his head out of the door of his room. “Where’re you guys going?”

Zelo runs to Onew and hugs him. “Jinki-Hyung!” Zelo is one of the few people who can call Onew Jinki, somewhat like only Taemin and Jongup can call Key Kibum without being -slapped. Zelo is about to speak again, when Jiyong cuts in, “We’re off in to town to ‘Wow some girls’,” he says finally emerging from his room, wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a red scarf.

“Sounds fun. Can I come?” Jinki says as he walks across the room, tripping over some invisible foot or God knows what else.

“’Course you can hyung,” Zelo gives him a little grin.

 

 

“Onew-oppa, I haven’t seen you in ages!” says a young girl, throwing herself into Onew’s arms, “Hey Sulli.”

“Hi.” A girl with short black hair walks towards me, “I’m Amber Liu.” She puts out her hand. “I’m Bang Yong Guk.” I say shake it.

“Pleased to meet you Yong Guk. It’s nice to see new faces.”

“I work at TS.”

“Oh, right, that would be why. I’m from SM.” There’s something very attractive about her boyish beauty. I can’t help but admire her. “I’m a rapper for um... f(x).” She points to her bandmates. “Cool. I’m a rapper too. I’m the leader of B.A.P.”

She smiles and nods her head. “Awesome. Awesome. I hope to work with you in the future.”

“You enjoy your job?” I ask her.

“Yeah. It’s lovely. Just to hear the music we make fill the air, the way the fans smile in the street. People singing our songs in the streets. It really touches my heart.” Her words touch my heart.

“That’s almost poetic. You’re good with words.”

 

She smiles shyly. “Thanks. No one’s ever told me that before.”

“Well it’s true.”

“Do you enjoy your job?”

“Well...Most of the time. It’s hard being the appa for my lot.”

“Lucky I don’t have that responsibility. Victoria’s our umma.” She points to a girl in a knee length light blue denim dress and whit low top converse. We exchange phone numbers and then I tell her that she can call me ‘oppa’. “Already?” she asks, but seems perfectly fine with it anyway.

I turn myself so I’m shoulder to shoulder with her and point in the direction of Sulli and Onew. “Do you know what’s happening between them? He laughs way too loud and way too long and WAY too often when he’s with her.” She nods.

“I know what you mean. He should ask her out. I’m sure she’d accept. I mean, she blushes at the mention of his name.” I give a light chuckle.

“He’s too shy to ask her out and too blunt to realize she likes him.”

“Jinki and Jinri. They’d have to be the ‘2jin’ couple.”

“Sure... That’s so gonna happen. They’re both shy and blunt.”

“I know exactly what you mean.”

It’s funny, because talking to Amber makes me forget all the troubles I had earlier. They all get carried away in my cloud of happiness. Amber has unbroke me. I'm unbreakable again.