Dara

Tandem

 

Dara's P.O.V


       I hate to admit-I love Kwon Jiyong. Surely, my manager will kill me if she will know. She does not want me to fall in love with the guys that involve on the numerous tandems I have, and I managed to, until Jiyong came. Our first teledrama, which is an accident because I should not be his leading lady if his real leading lady did not involve in an accident. We got numerous awards, numerous fans, great feedbacks and a whole bucket of chemistry. That had started everything, and eventually, I gave in, falling in love with a guy, that is forbidden.  
       You might think of it as ridiculous to forbid an actress love an actor, well, yeah, I did think so too. My manager said, "Everything will be taken from you! All of your hard work!” That kept me from just secretly loving him. He acted so cold and heartless towards girls that could have straightened a fact. Kwon Jiyong is nothing but a notorious playboy. 
       "Dara! Hello? Earth to Dara?" Jiyong calls my name, and I shake my head, taking my train of thoughts off. He smiles. "We're already here."
       My mouth opens for a moment, and then, I step out of the car, half-slamming the door, frowning or no reason at all. Jiyong did the same, except he is much happier and when he smiled at me, the bystanders squealed in glee. I forgot that we are at the shooting area, so the squeal rather got me surprised, but then we both manage to give a soft smile to the spectators. They eventually squeal, screaming how perfect we are together, and we should just start making babies. Okay, that could have been nicer. 
       "Haha, babies. I don't think I can make them...yet." Jiyong softly chuckles, and I blush in bright crimson, looking below as I play with the hem of my shirt. Without noticing, Jiyong had already went to the tent, probably will greet the director, so I just went beside the river, staring at the currents going in one direction. 
       "WE'LL START AT 5 MINUTES!"
       I sigh, and take a single look at the river before going to Bom, where she stood a foot with Top. They were chatting, but Top's the one who's doing the talking and Bom's left feet moves uncomfortably, probably shy because she's talking to Top. Her hands were behind, clasped together, and her lips just kept on smiling, or frowning as Top talks. I sigh, and go towards them, saying, "Ah! Good sight, indeed."
       They both their heads at me, both of them blushing, as if fire had crept up to their faces. Bom presses her lips together, which was agape before, and turns away, shifting her gaze of the audience behind. Top managed to give a smile, and a simple, "Yo!"
       "What are you guys talking abou-
      Just before I could ask; someone grabbed me by the arm and started to drag me towards the river. I saw Top grin, waving a hand to me, somehow giddy and he nudges Bom using his elbow, so she turned around. She waves a hand at me, smiling like Top's and points at the person who is dragging me. I look up, and see Jiyong, actually, Jiyong's jaw. He is dragging me while the heel of my shoes skidded by the asphalt, and he's not completely aware of that.
       "Sorry, wifey, no more chit chats. It's show time." He says, and finally stops, pulling me up. Jiyong helps me to stay rooted on the ground, dusting the sand off my shirt, my pants and my shoes, then, he straightens my shirt, pulling the hem before he fixes my hair, which by the way, earned a squeal from the fans. I roll my eyes, and say, "Whatever, hubby."
       I tried to feign irritated, but the blush on my cheeks seems to fake what I want to show, especially that Jiyong can read feelings. He can see right through you like he is a sort of a tool, or a magician. 
       Then, my worst fear had just occurred, because he said, "Aye, are you blushing? Could have been..." He gasps. "Have you fallen in love with me, wifey?"
       My tongue rolled inside, afraid to speak anymore, and I just slap his arm lightly, forcing my eyebrows to knit between. I must be hallucinating, because I saw him frown, but when I had blinked my eyes twice and focus on him again, he is smiling, as if he was smiling seconds ago. So, I just shrugged it off and went to the place where I would be sitting, by the bench. As I was leaving, Jiyong put on a smirk, and walked to the tent. There were three cameras, one at the left, one at the right, and one at the back. The one on the left will be getting my side, while the right gets Jiyong. The one at the back's main reason is to capture the sunset, as we both watch it down, the sign of Alice's death. Alice is my character, but we are not alike. She fought for her love, but when she had finally told him how she felt, he dumped her, in this exact place. But she still fought, never giving up actually on Apollo, the love of her life, even though she has a disease. Brain Cancer, actually. The doctor told her she just have six months to live, and the exact day where she might die, she called Apollo to meet her here, at Han River. Apollo did not argue why, and went here. And that...that is the recap of the story we are shooting. Today is the last day, and if it did not go right, our career might up into hiatus. 
       I sat on the bench, curling up my fists and that is when the makeup artist appeared in front of me, starting to apply makeup on my face. Then, the others started to do my hair, and even though I want to see what it is like, the makeup artist applying foundation by my eyes forbids me. 
       "Don't put too much," I warned, my eyes shut because she is applying foundation by my eyes. "It irritates like acid."
       In a span of seconds, or maybe minutes because they are doing my hair also, they were already finished, and when I open my eyes, Jiyong had been already by my side, wearing the clothes preferred for the attitude of the person he is playing. He wore a varsity jacket over a gray T-shirt, with a text: I can pulverize. It was partnered with red slightly tight jeans, and high-top shoes, where some part of both the shoes is somewhat popped outside. His blonde colored hair, that was definitely unnatural, is spiked. He is wearing shades, so I cannot tell if his eyes is shut or opened, while his arms stretched to the sides, rested on the backrest. It quite did reach me, and I scoot closer to him, because the director in front of us said so. Unlike him, I was not that all punk, though I have dressed already before we went here. I just wore a long-sleeved polo, a small slit from the top, which was colored with the faintest blue you can find. They paired it with a long skirt, that rests beyond the knees, with a color of spotless white, and I wore white sandals to pair the almost all-white attire, two long white straps of the sandals wrap around my legs until it reached before my knees. My hair, freely and naturally let down to my shoulders, slightly bouncing because the artist slightly curled the bottom part. 
       The lights surrounding us , and the cinematographers readied their selves behind the cameras. "This is it.", I told myself. 
       The director counted to three and everything falls quiet. I hear Jiyong sigh beside me, and says, "What was it you wanted to tell me, Alice?"
       I hang my head low, tears suddenly strolling down to my cheeks, then drops on the ball of fists on my lap. I remembered how I love him, not really acting with what I do, and just let my emotions take the side. If there is one thing I could use to show him how much I love him, and that is through drama. 
       "A-Apollo, I-I..." My voice falters, and then, I close my eyes, hiccuping. "I-I..."
       Jiyong hushes, placing his hand on the right side of my head and pushes my head to his shoulder to rest, much to my astonishment. My tears stopped, my eyes widen in shock and he just sang a two-verse song that was never in the script. The fans gushed, but the director silenced them, as he focused on us two. 

Please don't blame me if I can't keep my feelings 
You told me you love me but you weren't serious 
I wish my real life would be as colorful as this 
My only hope is this "love team"

You lied 
You're very sweet to me when there are other people around 
But as soon as they leave, you treat me like dirt 
What they don't know is at the end of this 
My line doesn’t mean a thing 
You change your attitude until the next scene



        He didn't say what his lines are supposed to be, but he did what he'll do in the script, walk away from me. "I saw it...” He pauses to sigh. "You hide it from me, Alice."
       Oh, I almost forgot. Apollo saw Alice's medical certificate when Alice left her bag in his car. "A-Apollo!" I jerked up from the bench, and the big fan at the side roared, that brought fake breeze to us. My skirt flew like a soft flag. 
       "If you'll die..." His voice falters. "I'll die too." Then, he jumps into the river, which caused everyone to shriek, because it was clear, it was not in the script. I want to jump after him, but can I handle it? Stupid, Apollo. I thought. He should have just told Alice he loves her.                            But I know he just loved Alice the way she does to him, so he did that, that is why it was in the script. If her sickness cannot be prevailed, then they should both die. Still, I think it is stupid.
       Love conquers all.
       Without thinking even more, I run up to the river and dive, the water seems to cool my skin a bit when I did. Fishes swam farther, following the current, so I immediately saw Jiyong, his eyes closed. He was already a foot under, and I have to swim deeper to get him, my sense of hearing gradually turns missing. I cannot hear anything, and to make this job done already, I swim faster. I wrap my arm around Jiyong's waist, and put his arm on my shoulder before I swim towards above. Good thing my stamina is high, or both of us will be dead. 
       When my head reached the surface, also Jiyong, I feel relieved and one cinematographer helped me with Jiyong. No one dared to step forward, and I can see he or she were sensing this as a part of the script, which I know, even the director, is not included. I slap Jiyong's cheeks, and a voice speaks at the back of my head, mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
       I take a deep breath, and close my eyes before I seized his lips, giving him air. He did not flinch or move, so I do it again, but no use, he did not move. He is cold, his body actually, that I almost thought he is dead. But it cannot be. He is strong. Very strong. 
       A tear escaped from my eye, when I his breathing stopped, and despite of the script, or the people around me, I shout what I feel. "Jiyong! You cannot die! Please...don't leave me!"
       He did not flinch, and I hold onto his hand, my tears dropping on his pale face. He did not seem to be bothered, like what he used to when I spit water on his face or even wet his face with my tears. He cannot possibly be...dead.
       Everyone shouts that we should call 911, but I stay beside Jiyong, still holding his hand tightly, and without looking, I know that the cameras are rolling. I was too late. I should have told him I love him, before this thing happens. He should have known. He should have. 
       I press my lips on the back of his hand, as my eyes bore through his pale face that seems to be out of life. Tears would not stop falling, and I say, "Jiyong, hubby, this may be...unreal to you, but once you're in the heavens, I know you'll understand."
       Everyone around me stopped panicking and I close my eyes, as I say, "I love you."
       Someone snort, and I immediately open my eyes. Jiyong's lips were hardly pressed together, and I suddenly figured it out, that he was the one who snorted. His eyes open, and he cackled a laugh, so loud everyone just stared at him. My grasp on his hand loosens, that he used the same hand to clasp on his stomach as he laughs. I just stare at him, unable to comprehend. He was not...dead?
       Anger fumed inside of me, and I shout, "I can't believe you fooled me! I...hate you!"
       And when I was about to stand up, he grabbed my wrist. He pulled me into an embrace, and even though I was pummeling his chest, he seems unmoved. He just tightens the hug even more, that I felt limp, weak. He rubs my hair, so soothing that my tears fell again and he hushes. It sounded like a whisper, but it reminded me of the tune my mother used to sing when I cannot sleep, and then he sang it, much to my astonishment. 

 

Deep in the willow, under the meadow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes

And when again they open, the sun will rise

Here it’s safe, here it’s warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away

A cloak of leaves, A moonbeam ray

Forget your woes and let your troubles lay

And when again it’s morning, they’ll wash away

Here it’s safe, here it’s warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you

 

       "Don't hate me," He says, when he stopped singing, pulling me closer. "Because I love you."
       I hiccup, feeling more comfortable, and then say, "I love you more."
       "Wifey?"
       I know the camera is rolling. I know that there are many people watching, but I do not mind. Hey, Jiyong is here, saying he loves me. What would I hide now? What would we hide now? 
       "Yes, hubby?"
       "Can you be my wifey for forever?"
       "I do."
       "I love you." 

 

 


 

Author: Ahahaha, such a corny ending. The corniest ending I’ve ever though of. And…It’s not that scary as the description says. I just love doing those kind of descriptions, they are pretty to read. Ah, by the way, thanks for reading! =))))

Songs used: 1st: Itchyworms- Love Team. 2nd: Rue's Lullaby