[2]

Touch Of An Angel

(Listen)

Iris exited the cafe and decided to go for a walk. As she was walking around aimlessly, she spotted a park. Gleeful children were running around. “Independent” teens were hanging out with their friends. And the more lively and mature folk were walking the trail that circled the entire park. 

The first thing to catch her eye though, was a pond. Stacks of rocks were mortared around the edge. And in the center of the pond was a fountain spraying water 20ft up into the air. Looking at the trees, they were already starting to change colors. Autumn has clearly arrived in South Korea.

Iris decided to walk the trail observing the environment around her. After making her first round, she decided to take a seat at an empty park bench. She was looking out to the pond. There were ducks just lazily floating atop the surface of the water. A mother duck and her cute little ducklings following behind her. She smiled to herself at the cute scene. She stayed seated for a while longer just to take in the area. It wasn’t until a cool breeze brushed along her body caused her get up and walk around to warm up. 

As she was walking the trail, she noticed a group of guys walking towards her direction along the trail. It was the three guys she met at the cafe along with two others. The guy in the middle, Minhyuk, met eyes with her and a smile befell his lips. He waved and so did Iris. 

Minhyuk, Ilhoon, Sungjae, Eunkwang, and Peniel were on their break and decided to take a walk at the park to pass the time. As always, they walked the trail with the occasional annoyance of teenage girls gawking over them. 

Minhyuk who was walking just a little bit ahead of the guys was strangely zoned out. He would often find himself thinking of the girl from back at the cafe. As much as he tried shaking the thoughts off, they’d come creeping back. 

As he was staring blankly ahead of him, something caught his attention in his line of sight. Iris. An overwhelming feeling came over him and he couldn’t help but smile. He eagerly waved to her. The fact that she did the same thing made him... happy to say the least.

“It’s that girl...” Ilhoon muttered.

“Is it just me or is she literally... like glowing?” Sungjae asked.

“Who’s she?” Eunkwang and Peniel both asked.

“Iris.” Minhyuk answered confidently.

As they approached each other, Iris kindly greeted the three she met.

“I’m sorry, but I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you two.” Iris stated.

“I’m Eunkwang and he’s Peniel.” Eunkwang introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you, Eunkwang and Peniel. I’m-” 

“Iris. Minhyuk told us.” Eunkwang said with a smile.

Iris redirected her attention to Minhyuk and gave him a heartwarming smile.

“Who would’ve thought we’d be seeing each other this soon?” She said.

“Better soon than later I always say.” Minhyuk replied.

Iris smiled and nodded her head in agreement. 

“How’d you like to join us? We’re on break for the next ten minutes.” Eunkwang suggested.

“I’d love to. It’s pretty dull and boring when you’re by yourself in a place like this.” Iris admitted.

They then continued walking along the trail. Iris was walking directly beside Minhyuk. The two decided to use this time and get to know each other better. 

“W-what’s... aegyo?” Iris quizzically asked.

“Eh? You don’t know aegyo? Where are you even from?” Minhyuk replied.

Iris froze, she knew she had to cover up her identity.

“Oh, you know... just from up north. Like really up north.” She sheepishly told him.

Minhyuk raised a brow and decided to just let it go.

“Okay, well aegyo is like the art of being... Actually, let me just show you.” He proposed.

He looked away from Iris and told her to count to three.

1.... 2.... 3....

Iris bursted out into laughter.

“Yah! Why are you laughing?!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

The other four guys behind them were snickering as well.

Minhyuk pouted and only walked faster.

Iris regained her composure and sped up to catch up with him. She grabbed a hold of his arms to slow him down. Minhyuk felt his entire body warm up from elation from a simple touch.

“You’re not mad at me are you?” She cutely asked.

“Yes.” Minhyuk childishly stated.

“Don’t be! It’s just... you looked ridiculously cute.” She admitted.

“I don’t believe you.” He said.

Iris let go her hold of Minhyuk’s arm.

“I think you do.” She insisted with a smile.

“Hyungs, we gotta get back to work.” Sungjae informed.

They all then exited the park and started walking back to the cafe.

Iris was still walking beside Minhyuk trying to get him to break. He was still standing his ground on putting his angry act to play. 

“You should tickle him.” Peniel whispered to her. 

She slowed down her pace enough just to get behind him. Minhyuk noticed the missing presence that was once beside him. He was about to turn back, but Iris then started attacking him from behind with tickles. He bursted into laughter and tried running off, but Iris later caught up with him. She wrapped her arms around his waist from the back and rested her head on his back. Aside from the sudden warm feeling taking over his body, electric charges were traveling throughout his entire body. His heart beating at a rapid pace. It was like an adrenaline rush.

Realizing that Minhyuk stopped in his tracks, Iris let go and faced him. She looked up to his face and poked his cheek. 

The other four smiled amongst themselves about what just happened and Iris decided to just ignore them.

Minhyuk was completely frozen. Iris looked at him quizzically and made a loud clap in front of his face. He was finally back.

“Are you okay?” She asked him.

He simply nodded.

“Well c’mon, you need to get to work, right?”

“Y-yeah.” He said.

Exchanging no words at all, they continued walking together until they reached the cafe. 

Minhyuk would glance over at Iris every now and then.

How does she do this to me? Either way, I can’t have another girl having me feel this way.’ He thought.

“I guess I’ll see you around, Minhyuk.” She told him with a smile.

“Yeah, see you around.” He responded.

They parted ways. On the way back home, Iris kept thinking about how strangely Minhyuk was acting. 

Did I do something wrong?’ She thought.


 

It's been practically forever since I wrote anything. I'm pushing myself to start writing again. Hope you enjoy! Comment&Subscribe~♥