Here I Am (Part 1)

Here I Am (Hyungshik Two-Shot)

-Minhee's POV-
A world that I could never see again.

A world that's so cruel that you can't see any good in it.

A world so cruel that I get used so much just because I lack one thing that almost every one has.

A sense that makes life more valuable.

I had lost my sight trying to save my father since he had a complicated cancer to where he lost his aight because of it. I had surgery to save him. It had worked for a good six months where we both thought that the cancer cells had stopped attacking him. Then one day, I had realized that he wasn't around. But because of my sight I hadn't realized that he was dead for the longest time. If I wasn't blind would I hav found him dead the moment I saw his body a week earlier?

And from then on I had been on my own a year after his death. I tried to go around on my own but it only lead me to being a burden to everyone or even more trouble for me.

I can't even trust this world like this anymore. It used to be a safe place for me.

This world where I can't see a damn thing. So lightless and dangerous. I don't know how I've lived so well in this place.

I was at the market unsure what fruits are good. I called out to the ahjumma ladies here, whom are the only nice ones here. "Ahjumma!!!" I turned, unsure if anyone was there or not.

"AH! Minhee!!! You came back today!" I heard an older lady's voice reach out to me. I blindly reached out to the darkness a bit afraid of what might grab me. And thankfully I felt a gentle wrinkly hand wrapping her old hand grasping mine. I smiled, "Ahjumma?" I could hear her lightly chuckle.

"My sweet child! What can I help u with today?" she asked me, rubbing my hands with care.

"Well I'm looking for some delicious fruits! I'm unsure which one are my father's favorite," I said, feeling my smile ease down a bit with just talking thoughfully.

"Ahhhhh it's been a year already?" I could hear her sigh. Then her voice went into memoryland voice as she recalled my father before he passed. "I remember him as if he was standing here next to us. He loved helping everyone out. " I looked down sadly, feeling tears coming up. I wish I could have saved my only hero. I guess she noticed how I was getting depressed with just simple talk of him that she had instantly stopped and cleared . "I'm sorry to bring him up like that..."

"It's okay..." I mumbled wiping a tear away.

"Awww sweetie!" she pulled me into a hug. I just wish we don't talk this way. I pulled away. "May I have a pound of my father's favorite fruit?"

"Of course! Just wait there as I go grab them over here," she quickly said as I heard her hurryingly walk away.

-Hyungshik's POV-
I grumbled not believing that I'm forced to do the damn dishes again! I know I came here for a part time job, but that doesn't mean I have to do the piles of dishes at this damn booth! And that's only half the reason why I'm angry!

I angrily placed a stack of dishes on the floor in front of the damn booth and pulled up my sleeves. The other half was about thieves and being called lazy! I'm not even lazy!!!!

I angrily scrubbed the dishes muttering out, "You steal this? I'll kill you!" I threw another dish into the tub of soapy murky water. 

Just as I was about to finish up along with my anger disappearing, I looked up seeing an ahjumma, from the booth in front of us, pulling a girl into a hug. The noise around here is a bit too loud for me to hear them. I squinted at them as if I could hear them better. But it wasn't any help. Right when I was about to tell the whole world to shut up, the girl pulled away n the ahjumma hurriedly ran off to do something.

As I wiped a sweat off my forehead, the girl turned a bit revealing an average looking girl, I sighed out of disappointment. Just as I picked up the clean stack of dishes to go back in, I looked up one last time and saw the girl with a handful of mangoes and walking off. Not to pay for the fruit at all! But instead she was walking into another booth! She didn't pay!

"Yah! Hyungshik-ah! Are you even done with the---" I heard Siwan coming out. Perfect timing! I didn't want to lose the thief so I shoved the stack of dishes into his arms then storming off.

"Yah! Where the hell are you going?" Siwan called out to me. I yelled back, "Stopping a thief!"

As I angrily walked towards towards the girl, who was now talking to the owner of the fish market booth. As she spoke to him, the guy was wearing a confused expression on his face. But that didn't stop me from doing the next thing.

"So are these---" the girl was stopped as I angrily pulled her away from the booth. "Wh-who are you?" she frightingly asked.

I looked back to see how she had a confused look on her face as I was dragging her back to fruit market booth. My eyebrows furrowed a bit. What's wrong with this girl?

"Let go of me!" she yelled out, afraid as she tried to set her small arms free.

"Not until you pay!" I roughly pulled her in front of me now. She looked around terrified now.

"Where did you take me?" this strange girl asked me. I scoffed, "Don't try to play innocent with me!" I yelled at her grabbing her small shoulders as I shook her. I really don't tolerate girls like this.

"What are you talking about?" she asked me, confused.

I laughed.  "Are you kidding me?!" I yelled some more startling her and others around us. "Are you blind?" I asked, seeing that she flinched a bit, staring off somewhere.

"Hey now, don't be scared. Why don't u go ahead and pay and I'll forget about all this, neh?" I smiled as I bent down slightly n turned her head where she could face me. But she pulled away.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," she mumbled with an expressionless face. This made me only angrier. She really can't admit she's wrong can she?

I roughly turned her to one of the signs that tell you how much something cost. "You really can tick people off ya know? Look here, buddy! See this?" I pointed at a sign.

She shook her head. Are you serious?! I rolled my eyes with anger. Resulting me to picking up the damn sign and putting it up to her face. "There! Can you see it better now?" she was really ticking me off.

Then I heard her mutter, "I can't see it"

I threw the sign on the floor, "How could you not see? It's right there! Are you seriously blind?" I was practically lecturing her.
"Yah know! I really can't handle your kind people! Aish! First you steal fruit from a kind ahjumma, then you lie, and now you're just mocking me!"

The girl was now crying, her hands covering her face with shame. Her petite body was shaking as she stood there in the middle of this whole market crying.

She looked up at me, allowing me to see her tears streaming down her cheeks. She allowed me to have a good look at her. I raised an eyebrow as I saw that her eyes were cloudy. Why was that?

"Minhee?!" I turned around to see the same Ahjumma that had hugged this girl. She ran up to the girl, "Minhee? What happened?" I was confused.

As the lady tried pulling her into a hug, the girl pulled away from her wiping away her tears. "Gwenchana..." she sniffled wiping her nose. "I'll come back tomorrow for the fruit," she quickly said as she rushed off, then tripping over some buckets.

I watched as some of the locals here helped her up. Even offered her a ride. But she declined.

"What the hell was that?" I turned to see Siwan running up to me. I was too confused to even answer him.

And then the ahjumma smacked the back of my head. "OW!" I painfully yelled out. "What the hell was that for?" I glared at the lady.

"What did you do to our Minhee?!" she yelled at me.

"What? What did I do? I was only teaching her a lesson about stealing!" I backed myself up.

I looked around to see some people still watching us. "Here! Ask anyone! They saw what I was trying to do! I just wanted her to pay for fruit!" I yelled out, pointing at everyone that witnessed me and the girl, named Minhee.

"I know you said something else to her!" she pointed at me with laser eyes.

"Um actually..." we both turned to see that it was the fish market owner.

I pointed at him, "See! He could tell you everything! Tell her sir!" I crossed my arms in victory for he was gonna tell her all about the thief.

"Actually she had some fruit in her arms. I thought she was stealing them as she wondered off. So I called out to her," he started. I nodded, "Go on."

"But she wasn't stealing them at all. After I called her over to where I was, it took her a bit of time to come but she did. I had asked her 'Hey! Did you pay for those?' and she replied saying, 'Oh! You work here? I don't recall hearing your voice here before! How much are these for?'"

"Eh?!" I yelled out. "I was a bit confused. I tried to tell her she was at the wrong booth but she kept asking how much the fruit cost or if they were any good."

"Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry for the trouble," the lady bowed apologetically. The man nodded and went back to his booth.

"Okay so what she didn't steal anything...but she still played dumb with me!" I complained.

"What do you mean boy?"

I felt somewhat hesitant but ended up telling her what I had exactly said to the girl. Which only earned me a bunch of smacks on my hear. Both from the lady and Siwan. "Ow! What's that for?!?"

"You terrible boy!!! She IS blind!" she yelled out. I was even more confused. "I knew there was something different about her! I asked our manager about her. Turns out that she's blind! You're such an !" earning me another smack on my head.

"Great! Not only did you yell at her but now she's probably too scared to come back tomorrow for her fruit!" the ahjumma yelled out in frustration walking off in anger.

"Great going JERK!" my hyung insulted me one last time before he walked back to our booth with s small shop in it.

I stood there feeling as bad as ever now. What have I done?

I heard soft whispers watching me as they went back to work.

"Can you believe him? He hurt the sweetest girl in this town!"

"He doesn't know who she is? Well it was better off that way or he'll just keep hurting her."

I heard plenty more after that, but I had no clue she was really blind. What can I do for her?

-----------

hey you guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this so far! 

the final part will be coming soon! so don't worry! 

BTW please don't hate Hyungshik too much~ he didn't know~