Faithful Strength

Faithful Strength

It can be so strong, so overwhelming, and so deep.

Your life, your very existence depends solely on him.

A bond that is so simple, yet so significant.

 

To her, he meant the world.

When she was depressed, he would be the person she confided in.

When she needed opinions, he was the first person she thought of and turned to.

When she got bullied, he was the only one who stood by her side through thick and thin, and protected her no matter what.

 

To him, she meant his entire existence.

When he hears her screams, he would rush over no matter where he is, what he's doing.

When he hears her cries, he would use any means to get revenge.

When he finds out she's hurt, he would be the person who heals that wound and guides her back on the right path.

 

When her first relationship was in a wreck, the countless amount of tears that flowed from her eyes made his heart shatter.

He wanted to smash the man who swore to protect her, even though he knew that a failed relationship was no one's fault.

All he could do was to hold her tight, until all her sobs subsided and she fell asleep.

He never felt so useless.

 

When he broke up with her girlfriend, she had noticed the difference in his attitude immediately.

She comforted him quietly, watching the strong man she knew weep silent tears.

She knew how much his girlfriend meant to him, and how much his heart was hurting.

She wanted to protect him for once.

 

They only had each other to rely on, and they both knew that.

She loves him, trusts him, and will do anything for him.

He loves her, believes her, and will continue protecting her.

 

The large, warm hands of his that protects her.

The tender, loving hands of hers that brings warmth to the house.

The broad, heavy shoulder that bears the responsibility of her.

The bright, optimistic self that she knows he love.

 

Even after they both get married, have children, or become gray and old, this will never change.

That's exactly how powerful the feelings of a brother can push you.

 

Cherry here~ To be honest, I'm not expecting that much support for this fic since they are siblings, but I really really really love protective brothers. Don't you? :) I just wanted to try a different kind of love, since love comes in way too many forms. I find this love, brotherly love, one of the strongest feelings ever. And I just want to say to those lucky girls who have a brother, trust me. No matter how much you fight, hate, or absolutely detest them, you have to understand that deep down they really love you. When danger arrives, they will be the one to save you. Couples break up, relationships end. But your brother will always be there to protect you. Cherish them <3 This goes in both ways of course. Come on girls, you know you love them, just admit it ;) That's why the inspiration of this beautiful connection between siblings is what made this fic.

Oops, a rather long-winded speech from me eh? :3 Okay, I'll shut up now.