Time's up

Five minutes

 

   "Luhan!" Sehun managed to gasp out through the pain etched clearly on his face.Luhan pulled his bruised and bloodied body closer to him, laying the younger's head into hi lap and running his hands through his hair, offering whatever consolation, no matter how small, to his love

   In the back of his mind he heard Kai and the nurse mutter amongst themselves as well as the tiny click of the door as they left the couple alone but Luhan was too busy trying to force down the tears that already blurred his vision. He refused to cry..well...openly anyway...he couldn't break down on Sehun just when the boy needed him the most.

   Luhan stared into the deep brown eyes of his saviour and love. His only love. He studied his perfect features with a heavy heart. Even pale and marred with sweat, blood and dirt, his returned gaze still managed to make his heart rate pick up and the blush to slowly start creeping up the back of his neck.

   Sehun chuckled heavily when Luhan broke he eye contact firs with a blush and he reached up to his face. With a wince of pain, his hand stopped mid-air and he lowered it gingerly back to his side while pressing the tourniquet harder against his stomach. Luhan felt the pounding in his head increase as he saw the other boy try to staunch the bleeding stab wound against his stomach. Even though they both knew it was far too late to help either of them.

   Sehun squeezed his eyes together tightly, the only indicator that he was in pain since he tried to keep his face carefully blank. He knew as well as Luhan did that seeing the younger in pain would only shatter the careful air of stability he had adopted from the moment he had seen the glint of steel disappear into Sehun's flesh. When he saw the crimson betrayal drip steadily from the gaping incision. Luhan closed his eyes to force the image out of his mind but he still heard the sickening squish noise the blade had made as it penetrated skin. Like the sound of mud under his sneakers. The stray thought had hit him hard and before he could control it, he was laughing hysterically. It wasn't even funny but he was highly strung and maybe, just maybe, he had just finally snapped under the pressure.

   Luhan continued to laugh. He laughed so hard that his stomach had begun hurting and he had begun to cry. Or maybe he had been crying so hard that he had begun to laugh? He honestly wasn't sure anymore he just knew he needed to stop. NOW!

  Even with his eyes closed, Luhan could still feel his gaze on him, studying him. Gauging his every move and reaction. Making sure that he would survive. His life was leaking away onto a checked table cloth and yet he was still worrying about him. The bastard. But Luhan couldn't find it in himself to blame the angel on his lap for his downfall. White hot rage surged through him, instantaneously stopping the hysterically laughter dripping from his tongue and drying whatever tears he had left with its heat and intensity. If their parents had really loved then, then they would have let them be happy with each other, not hire some goons to track and beat them bloody and broken. Some gift from the in-laws, right? Those homophobes could all go rot in hell for all he cared.Luhan opened his eyes to meet Sehun's worried but pained expression, fighting down the tears that had threatened to spill again.

   "Why?" it was all he could manage to choke out around the lump that had formed in his throat. Sehun cocked an eyebrow, expecting him to elaborate on his question. Taking a deep breath, he tried his best to regain what little composure he had left before he continued, "Why did you come after me if...if you knew this would happen?" Even in intense pain, he still managed to stare at him as though he were the biggest idiot alive. Seeing Luhan recoil slightly from his condescending gaze, Sehun's visage softened considerably. He raised his hand, rebelling against the pain, and wiped a stray tear away from Luhan's damp cheeks.

  "Luhan...I love you." the soft tone and the look in his eyes as he whispered the words broke down whatever resolve the distraught boy had.

   Like he had just received a physical blow to the heart, Luhan let out a strangled sob and placed his fist in his mouth as he tried to restrain the racking sobs that shook his entire being and which were probably hurting Sehun more than him. Sehun reached up and removed the fisted hand from his mouth before the elder could suffocate himself and he kissed the tips of each delicate finger, all the while maintaining the other's gaze. Uninhibited tears streamed down Luhan's now red face and soothed the burning skin there.

  "It's all my fault! It's all my fault!" as soon as he started, he found that he couldn't stop. Sehun murmured comforting words to his boyfriend but they went unheeded as he continued his delirious rant. "If you hadn't come after me you wouldn't have gotten...hurt." he said the last word in a whimper as cold hands cupped his cheeks and forced him to meet the stern gaze of the boy below him.

  "Stop that. Those men came after you on my father's orders. Like hell I was going to let them hurt my little Lulu." Luhan blushed and ducked his head at the nickname causing Sehun to laugh slightly before erupting into a coughing fit that seemed to last forever. Wide eyes and a heart thunping too quickly to be healthy waited for him to stop. This was all too soon. Everything was happening too fast and Luhan felt uprooted and confused and completely out of his element. Finally the coughs subsided and the pair smiled at each other. It was quite ironic that even now he was still the calm voice of reason between them. With a sigh, Luhan resumed running his hands through the messy dark brown locks. He felt more than heard the other hum in contentment.

   "Hyung, wake me up in five minutes, will you?" Sehun whispered as he closed his eyes peacefully, finally looking every inch of the innocent maknae he was. That was a month ago. You know what Luhan loved the most about the rain? It hid the pain that bubbled over every time he thought of him.

   "Five minutes are up Sehun-ah." Luhan whispered to the headstone before him, placing the now damp bouquet of flowers under the name Oh Se Hun.