Just Another Day of School

A Forbidden Love

"Do you know what it feels like to be alone? Moving from place to place, not able to make friends because you never stay long enough to get to know them.. Feeling out of place.. Every school... Every neighborhood... Well it feels depressing. Knowing that anybody interested in being your friend and then you're leaving without having a chance- it's heartbreaking. I want it to stop, so I can have one friend. That is all I want. One friend to talk to, vent to, hug, laugh with... and everything, instead of my brother bothering me all the time.

My brother walks in and tells me his feelings and his thoughts. It's nice, but I get jealous, too. He made friends before, when he was in pre-school and those younger years, I didn't. But I can't get mad at him for that. I should be happy for him. I am.. I just wish that sometime I could be happy for myself. I never told anyone this but-" Yesung quickly closed his journal as his brother, Jongjin walked in his room with a bowl of spicy ramyeon. He watched Jongjin set the bowl on a little bedside table and smiled slightly at him, "Thank you." 

Jongjin nodded, "Anything for my brother." he grinned and nudged him before walking away, "Hyung.." he stopped and turned back to Yesung, who looked at him questioningly, "Feel better." he gave a soft smile and walked out of his room quietly shutting the door behind him. Yesung's mind was full of questions.

"Feel better? Did Jongjin know I was depressed? Were my thoughts that easy to read? Did.... Did he ever read my journal?" Yesung blinked out if his babbling mind and looked at the bowl of ramyeon, watching the steam gracefully swirl into the air, giving its tasty aroma. Yesung took in a deep breath. He wasn't especially hungry. Never was. He didn't think eating was that important. The smell was too irresistable for him, though, and he picked up the bowl and the chopsticks, taking a small bite. He closed his eyes, tasting the spiciness that tingled on his tastebuds. Then he took another.. And another until the ramyeon was all gone. He drank the juice and set the bowl beside him. He sighed, full of ramyeon, and laid down. He never ate so much before. He closed his eyes, "I will just rest for a bit.. Just for a little bit.. And then I will start on my homework." he spoke to himself.

"Yesung! Hyung! Get up! It's time for school!" Jongjin shook him. Yesung stirred in his sleep and turned over, "Hyung!" Jongjin flicked Yesung's forehead.

Yesung jolted awake and sat up, "W-what? School? No! It can't be... " he whispered, "Are you joking, Jongjin?" he narrowed his eyes at him. Jongjin shook his head and pointed at his alarm clock that has been going off for quite a long time. Yesung saw the time and shook his head. He had a half hour to get ready. "Okay, okay, thank you, dongsaeng. Please go so I can get dressed.." he said quietly, rubbing his eyes. Jongjin nodded and left the room, already ready for school.

Yesung cursed under his breath and got out of bed. He changed into his uniform and combed his hair. Yesung stared at the mirror and dropped his comb, "My homework... I forgot to do my homework!" he said to himself. He can't get another zero. He already forgot to do his homework plenty of other times before. Pretending to have a cough, Yesung walked out if his room and sat at the table with a plate of toast and eggs in front of him, "Mother... I don't think I can go to school today. I don't feel well." he fake coughed again.

"Honey, I'm sorry, but you can't miss any more school days. You've been getting sick lately..." she went over and felt his forehead, "Hm.. You seem fine to me.." she looked at him, "Is something wrong? Are kids teasing you at school?" she sat next to him. He shook his head and stood up and picked up his bookbag. Jongjin walked passed him with his bookbag and looked back, waiting for Yesung to follow. Yesung nodded and followed his younger brother. "Have fun! Be safe! Do well!" their mother called out as they walked out of the house. She looked down and saw that Yesung didn't even eat anything, "What is wrong with Yesung?" she asked herself.

"He's been like this for a couple weeks.. since we moved here," Yesung's father walked out and sat at the table with a newspaper.

His mother frowned, "Do you know why he's like this?" she asked.

He shrugged, "I don't... " he opened up the newspaper.~

 

"So what's up hyung? Why do you look so sad?" Jongjin walked backwards, looking at Yesung. Yesung shrugged and put in his earbuds, listening to music so he didn't have to hear his brother ask questions. Jongjin rolled his eyes and returned walking normally. They arrived to the bus stop just in time and got on.

They soon arrived to school and went their separate ways. Yesung sighed and walked through the hallways, getting bumped into constantly as he continued to walk to his locker. He got pushed into a wall, hitting his head hard. He cursed to himself and stood up, and went to his locker, opening it and found a bunch of papers fall out onto the floor saying "loser" and "get lost" notes. He sighed, putting away his bookbag and grabbed his books.

The school day got worse and worse as it went on. Yesung got a zero yet again in English and he got bullied even more. He started walking to his locker to grab his bookbag since the day was finished and another bully decided to pick on him. Yesung became angry and turned, looking at the bully, "Why don't you just leave me alone?!" he yelled at the bully.

The bully smirked and lifted Yesung by the collar of his shirt, "What? What did you say to me?" he growled. 

Yesung looked at him with anger, "I said leave me alone!" He just wanted to yell at the whole world from that point. He was sick and tired of being picked on and pushed around. He just never thought out what he was doing and the bully picked him up and shoved him against the lockers, causing Yesung to lose the air in his lungs.The guy pulled him away and shoved him back to the lockers again and lifted up his fist. "Do it. Just do it." Yesung spat at him, waiting for the bully to just get his act of violence over with.

The bully smirked, "Be happy to." he punched Yesung across his face with full force, knocking him out. The bully dropped him to the ground, smirked, and walked away as if nothing happened.

A new kid, touring the school, was walking through the hallway, looking at all the bulletins and posters, smiling and in awe of this new place. He looked over to the right finding Yesung laying there, unconscious and blood seeping through his mouth. He ran over to him and knelt beside him, tapping his face and nudging him to wake up, "Oh no... Who did this? Oh no.." he panicked and trembled. "Uh.. Um.. Wake up... Uh.. Please?" he kept tapping Yesung's face. The boy lifted Yesung and tried carrying him to the nurse. He wasn't very strong and almost dropped him multiple times. Running out of air, he finally made to the nurse and laid him down on the cot. He explained to the nurse that he just found him there.

The new kid stayed there the entire time, waiting for Yesung to wake up. Yesung stirred as his eyes slowly began to open, finding a guy hovering over him, staring and yelling, "He's awake! He's awake!" he grinned and looked at Yesung, "Hi. How are you feeling? Do you remember what happened? I found you and took you to the nurse.. What's your name?" he bombarded Yesung with multiple questions. Yesung turned his head, confused, and tried pushing this guy away. The nurse shooed him away from Yesung... Well not really shoo him, but atleast gave a little space to Yesung, but he still held his hand.

The nurse checked him over and cleaned up his wounds once more before releasing him. Yesung left and started walking, having this new kid constantly talk to him. "-So there I was, walking and suddenly I saw you! I was scared and tried waking you up and that didn't work so I-"

"Yesung." Yesung interrupted and looked at him. The kid stopped talking tilted his head, "What?"

"Yesung. My name is Yesung." he said again and continued to walk to his locker.

The new kid nodded and smiled, "Oooh... Nice to meet you! I almost forgot to introduce myself! Silly me.." he facepalmed himself, "I'm Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook." he bowed, "Hopefully we can become great friends!" he smiled.

Yesung stopped at his locker and opened it, grabbing his things. He stopped what he was doing and looked at him. He stared for a couple minutes, taking in Ryeowook's facial features. He really wasn't bad looking and actually looked kind of cute, in Yesung's opinion. "What?" Ryeowook looked at him, "Is.. Is there something on my face?" he blushed and covered his cheeks with his hands.

Yesung shook his head and kept quiet, returning to his books and stuck them in his bag and shut his locker as he took out his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He didn't want to get close to Ryeowook, no matter how much he wanted to. What would be the point of befriending him if he would leave him right afterwards? Especially since he will get no contact with him whatsoever."Nice meeting you, too," Yesung whispered to himself and began walking away.

Ryeowook frowned at Yesung, not catching what he said, and followed him, "Hey! Wait up!" he caught up to Yesung, "Uh.. Can I come with? To your house? My parents aren't home right now... And I'm scared to be alone.." he blushed.

Yesung turned and looked at him, "Well.." he thought.. As long as he didn't get too close to Ryeowook he'd be fine, "Sure." he gave a slight smile and continued walking. Ryeowook blinked and smiled, "Wah! Thank you!" he followed, "So how did that incident happen earlier?" he asked. Yesung sighed and continued walking in silence. Ryeowook continued talking all the way home. Yesung really wanted to just duct tape Ryeowook's mouth. He never met anyone that talked to him this much in one day.

"We're here." Yesung said quietly and entered his house with the talkative new kid following him. "Now don't mention anything that happened to me to my family, got it?" he gave Ryeowook a look and walked to his bedroom.

His parents saw Ryeowook, "Yesung! Who is this?" his mother grinned.

Ryeowook bowed and greeted her, "Hello, I am Ryeowook. You must be Yesung's mother," he smiled.

She nodded, "Pleasure to meet you! It's nice to see Yesung finally met a friend!" she smiled at Yesung.

Yesung was fuming when she said that. It embarrassed him. It made him feel like a complete loser, "Yah! I'm going to my room!" he stormed off to his bedroom. He threw his stuff on his bed and sat down, upset about the situation.

Ryeowook followed him and tilted his head and looked at Yesung as he stood by the door frame, "There's nothing to be ashamed of." he walked in and sat next to Yesung. "If you wanna know, I haven't made a friend until today after taking him to the nurse." he looked at Yesung.

Yesung smirked and looked at Ryeowook, "You really want to be my friend don't you?" he looked down, messing with his zipper of his jacket Ryeowook nodded and smiled, watching him closely, "Well..." Yesung started his sentence and looked up at Ryeowook, "I will be your friend then." he gave a painful smile, knowing that deep down, he knew he'd have to leave Ryeowook.

Ryeowook smiled and bounced around, "Oh my! Thank you friend!" he hugged Yesung. Yesung's eyes grew big and looked at Ryeowook, wondering what the heck he was doing.

"What are you doing?" he said cautiously.

Ryeowook pulled away and looked at him, "It's a hug, silly! Haven't you had a hug before?" he teased.

Yesung tilted his head, "Y-yes.. B-but.. " he sighed in frustration, "Aish.. I need to get my homework done," he ped his bookbag and took out his books, starting on his studies.

Ryeowook watched as Yesung done his homework. He grinned, seeing Yesung so serious and frustrated when he didn't understand something. He studied Yesung's looks. His eyes were so dark and mysterious, his hair was so soft and fluffy, his chubby cheeks.. Ryeowook giggled as he looked at his hands, they were so small, "What's so funny?" Yesung looked up at him.

Ryeowook looked down and hid his smile, "N-nothing," he tried not to grin.

"Yes there is, what is it?" Yesung frowned.

"Your hands.." he looked up at him.

"What about 'em?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"They're so small..." he giggled and looked away.

"Yah!" Yesung glared at him and continued with his homework, hiding his blush. He was almost done with the first subject and he couldn't wait to just get it over with. 

"Ooh, what's this?" Ryeowook picked up a red leather book with a lock on it.

"That's mine!" he took it away and sat on it. It was his journal that he had written in.

"Sorry..." Ryeowook mumbled and looked over finding an aquarium, "Ooh! What's this?" he ran over and peeked inside, finding turtles, "Wah! Turtles! You have turtles~ they are so cute!" he looked back at Yesung, "You must take great care of them, huh?" he looked back at the turtles and giggled, "Hi there~" he lightly tapped the glass. Yesung tried not to grin as he watched Ryeowook talk to the turtles. That boy could talk to anything!

He shook his head and continued working, not realizing that a smile built up on his face for the first time in forever, "Their names are Ddangkoma, Ddangkoming, and Ddangkomaeng," he continued writing. Ryeowook nodded and continued talking to the turtles. "I'm done!" Yesung smiled and closed his book, putting his things back into the bag.

Ryeowook jumped up and sat next to Yesung, "So, friend... Now that you're done with homework, wanna get to know each other?" he grinned.

Yesung shrugged, "Sure... Why not.." he looked at him, "Ask me a question," he crossed his legs and looked at Ryeowook. Yesung and Ryeowook began doing a Q&A session. Yesung actually smiled and laughed a bit after hearing some of Ryeowook's answers. They asked bunches if questions like favorite colors to what would you do in a zombie apocalypse. Yesung never felt like this before, having a friend, he was actually smiling and having a great time with Ryeowook. "I think I would use my brother as bait for the zombies.." Yesung chuckled, "I have to survive somehow! Actually.. I love my brother... I would most likely run.." he looked at Ryeowook and smiled, "What about you?"

"Me? I would take you with me and we could protect each other. I don't want to lose my friend," he grinned. Yesung sat there, even though they were just talking about a zombie apocalypse and messing around, he felt touched my Ryeowook's words. He couldn't help himzelf but grow closer to him by every minute. Ryeowook's silliness and optimistic self made Yesung feel warm inside and he really wanted another hug from Ryeowook. "Oh gosh!" Ryeowook jumped up, "I better go, my parents will soon be home.." he gave Yesung a half smile, "Sorry to leave so suddenly, but I don't want to get in trouble." he nodded, "I'll see you tomorrow!" he walked over to Yesung and hugged him.

Yesung didn't think twice and hugged him back,"I would take you with." Yesung said out of the blue.

"What?" Ryeowook looked at him confused.

"The zombie apocalypse, I would take you with me." he grinned.

A smile grew on Ryeowook's lips, "Thanks." He started to walk out if the bedroom.

Yesung watched him, thinking for a moment, "W-wait!" Yesung followed, "Where do you live?"

Ryeowook turned around, "Oh it's actually not far from here.. Just a couple streets away." he blushed slightly. Yesung nodded and followed him some more. For some reason, Yesung liked being mysterious and different, which really made Ryeowook smile, "Wh-what are you doing?" Ryeowook turned around again.

"I'll walk you home." he said quietly and continued walking out the house. Ryeowook grinned and walked after him. It was a silent walk as they made their way to Ryeowook's house. It was also very awkward. Ryeowook kept sneaking glances at Yesung, but Yesung kept his eyes on the sidewalk. He didn't understand why Yesung came along since he didn't even speak a word as they walked. It made Ryeowook wonder if he did something wrong but kept quiet.

On the other hand, even though Yesung hid it well, he was happy to take Ryeowook home. He wanted to make sure he'd get there safe and no one would harrass him. He was also extremely shocked that Ryeowook hasn't spoken a word while they walked. He was for sure Ryeowook would be talking constantly, but he was the complete opposite at the moment. And Yesung was actually looking forward to Ryeoowook talking. But he shrugged it off, continuing to stare at the ground as he walked, his hands in his pockets and his hoodie covering his face slightly with the hood on.  

"We're here," Ryeowook spoke loudly on accident and saw Yesung jump slightly as he blurted it out. He held in his giggle and looked at Yesung who gave off a startled expression but quickly changed to a normal blank look, "Thank you for walking me home." he bowed slightly, "U-uh see you tomorrow I guess?" he scratched the back of his head.

Yesung nodded and gave a small wave, "Yep. See you tomorrow." The corners of his lips lifted to give off a small smile at Ryeowook.

Ryeowook smiled back and nodded, "Bye~" he walked to his house, opening the door and looked at Yesung one more time before walking in. As he shut the door behind him, he leaned against the door, letting out a big sigh, "What am I going to do?" he slid down to the floor and hugged his knees to his chest. He didn't want to freak Yesung out. Even though he just met him, but Ryeowook began to like Yesung.

 

Yesung watched Ryeowook until the door shut before he started to walk back to his home. He sighed and continued to stare at the ground as he walked. His mind was a jumbled mess. He wanted to be friends with Ryeowook. He was just... scared. Scared that he'll have to leave Ryeowook if he gets closer. Which he knew it would happen.

His mind continued to drift off into bunches of thoughts and surprised himself as he already arrived to his home. He walked in, quickly going to his room to avoid his parents and shut his bedroom door. He exhaled slowly and closed his eyes for a moment, relaxing, before plopping onto his bed. His eyes blinked open and he started to search through his things.

"Where is it... " he whispered to himself, trying to find his red leather journal. He looked over where he sat and couldn't find it anywhere. He started to panic, "Oh no... where is it?!" he threw his blanked off his bed and searched everywhere for it. Then he froze. Did Ryeowook take it without him noticing?

He sat on his bed again and thought, "Did he...?" he ran his hand through his hair and shook his head, no. "No.. he... he couldn't have.." Yesung continued to panick the rest of the night. Imagining Ryeowook reading his journal right now. All the things he wrote in it. It tore him apart. His stomach just gave a sick feeling at the thought of someone reading it.

Yesung laid down on his pillow and stared at the ceiling fan. Falling asleep through his worries.