Just a smile

Another cinderella story

"Hee-ah" i turn around to the familiar voice, and saw a friendly, smiley face...

"Appa!" i ran toward him and embrace him but i couldn't...  he was fading into thin air...

"Hee-ah... promise me you'll be happy, i can't be there for you anymore, i'll look after you in heaven... my beloved Mandu, please be happy..."

i watch as he faded into the air... tears wetted the sides of my cheeks... "Appa!...Sobb... Appa! you promised me you'll never leave !" i shout into the sky.

*BBBBRRRrrrriiiiiiNNNNNGGGGgggg, i woke up from my little nightmare..tears stain my cheeks... God took away my Appa... my most beloved person. i miss him so much, home turned into hell after he passed away, Umma had always hated me. i always suffer from her beating. She made me move out of the main house and into the servant quarters. If i still wants to live with them i'll have to work...

Sohee shrug off her sleepiness and push herself up, she got to finish her chores before heading to school, if not no school for her. School is the only place for her to escape from her hell-hole. she tied her hair into a high pony-tail and walk into the bathroom and washed her face. she look back at her clock.. 2:30... okay she rush out of her room and step into the main house.

Sohee's view-

i stepped into the kitchen and prepare Umma's and unni's breakfeast. Although we have many servants and maids, umma is constantly making me work. After i was done cooking the clock read 4:30. Oh i'm late ... i ran but unfortunly i bump into Sandra, my unni...

"OW ! Look at where you're going ! " Before i knew it, i recieved a slap right across my cheek, the blow caused me to bump onto a vase as it shattered into pieces. Umma came down the stair and saw her vase shattered into pieces with me on the floor, my hand covered my freshes cutted arms. she walked toward me and grab my pony-tail.

"Honey, what did this wrench do to you ? why is my vase broken ?" she turn to Sandra and asked her, she pull me up by my hair.

"Umma ! That worthless piece of trash bump into me and look here i got a scratch "

and with that little scratch, umma was angry, she pulled my hair and slapped me arcoss the cheeks, and pull me down on the floor. " You worthless pieces of trash, watch where you're going next time! How dare you scratch my Sandra ? What would you do if it leave a mark ? huh ?"

Sandra stood behind umma and smirk at me... smiling... "Let's go honey, leave this trash here and clean up the mess! "

I sat there, my cheek burn with pain but i'm already so used to the pain. It'll just be a matter of time i'll see my Appa again.  i turn around and start to the glasses, the servants that withnessed the beating told me that they'll clean it up, i'm already running a little late for school. i ran back into my room and took a quick shower and put on my uniform and walked to school. While i walk, Sandra took the car, although we're sisters... nobody know that. Sandra made me threaten me that if anyone know about us being sisters, i'll get the worse beating of my life.

Lucky i got there on time. i walk and sat on my seat and watch as Sandra walk in with her groupies.... with their short skirts and tight tops with tons of make up on. i turn around, if she caught me starring at her, urg.... i don't even wants to think about it.

"Sohee-ah....? why is your face swollen...? Did someone slap you..?" A voice disturbed my train of thoughts

i look up and notice, my bestie looking at me, "Sunmi-ah, its nothing... my face often swell up and toda is just one of those days." She faked a smile. "where are the unnis, ?" she tried to change the subject, knowing that it would work, "Oh, they're ummm... over there ! " she point to a group of nerds sitting and studying for the exam today... she smile... "let's go over:)"

"Unnies! " i greet them with a smile, they look up at me with smiles, which in a flash one could see the worriness in theie eyes... their eyes forced on my red swollen cheeks, although this isn't the first time they seen m swollen cheeks... In the past they used to ask me about my bruises and swollen cheeks everyday but i never told them. i wouldn't dare. I didn't want them to worry about me, and if this get out.... Umma would kick me out of the house... where will i go then....? i smiled at them, "Unnies... are you girls ready? " i tried to change the subject again.

After the exam, the girls gathered around, and planned a little hangout... I took a glance at my watch, "uuummmmm... Unnies, i don't think i could go, i'm have things to do at home and its time i need to go... maybe next time i promise!" "SoSo-ah, you could never hang out with us... please.. it'll be just a little girl hangout" Yubin unnie plead with me... "Yeah, Hee-ah, come on, we just finished our exam, time to have a little fun" Yenny unnie try to persuade me. "Sohee-ah, it have been awhile since we girls had a little talk" Sunye unnie grab a hold of my arm..."Mandu, come on, come on. come on..." yell Sunmi pulling me, trying to drag me with them. Lim being the cool and understandable one, "Unnies and Mimi, next time we'll hang out.... Sohee go ahead... " i smile and bow then left...

its always like this... i'm always leaving first, i never have time for the girls. i rush home, i need to finish the chores