Epilogue

Betrayal Brought Us Together

 

- Ten months later –

 

“Hyeri! It’s been so long since we saw you!” Hyeri’s friend Gaeul squealed as she entered Starbucks.

It has been more than a year since Hyeri last saw his high school friends and now that another semester has ended, she decided it was time to go back to Korea and spend time with her family and friends. It was just a week since she came back and she contacted her best friends from high school to meet up at their usual hang-out place.

“Gaeul! Woori! I miss you two so much! How’ve you guys been?” Hyeri ran towards their table and sat across from them.

“We’re fine. We’ve been working our butts off for an audition next month. How about you? Did you get a new boyfriend in China? We heard you broke it off with Sehun.” Woori inquired. Hyeri didn’t know how much Woori knows so she just answered with a short “No boyfriend at all.”

“Really? Well, that’s a pity. Because our little Sehunnie has grown to be a handsome man. Almost every girl in our dance club joined because of Sehun.” Woori laughed and didn’t notice Hyeri shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

“You mean, you still keep in contact with him?” Hyeri asked. Woori seemed like she was close to him.

“Yeah, Sehun’s in Seoul Arts University and in the Dance department like us. You know how he’s my favorite since high school, right? So I recommended he go to my university. I hope you don’t mind we’re close. What really happened between you two, anyways? I kept asking him but he always just shrugged.” Gaeul and Woori leaned closer to hear Hyeri’s answer but reclined back on their chair when Hyeri just offered a smile.

“Well, I hope you got over him already because he has already replaced you with someone else.” Gaeul said and there was a strange glint in her eyes as she spoke.

“Yeah, I’m way over him already.” Hyeri answered confidently but her curiosity was getting to her so she asked, “But is she prettier than me?”

“I can’t say prettier.” Gaeul thought for a while and Hyeri laughed inside her head. He couldn’t get a prettier girlfriend than me. His standard must’ve lowered down if that’s the case.

“But I must say, he has got to be the prettiest boy I’ve ever seen.” Woori said and Gaeul nodded in agreement.

Pft. Prettiest boy… as if. How co--- “Wait, did you just say ‘he’ and ‘boy’?” Hyeri asked, wondering if she heard wrong.

“Yes, Sehun has a boyfriend! But seriously, his boyfriend is so caring and so pretty and handsome at the same time.” Woori squealed.

“Yeah, and he’s Chinese! Can you believe it? Sehun has a Chinese boyfriend who just graduated this year and is having a vacation here to be with Sehun before he starts working.” Gaeul informed.

Hyeri had to take a couple of minutes to comprehend what her friends had just told her. Sehun has a boyfriend. A boyfriend! How could he have a boyfriend?! Was he that desperate after I cheated on him?

“Sehun can’t have a boyfriend. I was his girlfriend! I know he doesn’t swing that way.”

“If you don’t believe us, why don’t you see for yourself?” The two girls said as they looked at the door just behind Hyeri.

“What are you sayi---” Hyeri turned around and was suddenly dry as she look at the couple by the door.

It was Sehun, and true to her friends’ words, he has grown quite handsome since the last time she saw him. But that wasn’t what was important at the moment. It was indeed Sehun at the entrance but he was holding the hand of a boy, his eyes were sparkling even more than it did when they were together. He looked entirely happy and all because of that boy beside him who looked oddly familiar. Wait, he is familiar and he is definitely not a boy! He is a man hiding behind that baby face! I can’t believe this!

“Lu Han! Sehun! What do you think you two are doing?” Hyeri suddenly stood up, surprising her friends, and gaining the attention of a few customers inside plus the said two boys.

“H-Hyeri. N-Nice seeing you here. When did you get back from China?” Sehun stuttered before regaining his composure. He sure wasn’t expecting Hyeri in Korea and he didn’t have a plan on how to face her with Lu Han.

“A week ago. But that’s not the point. Are you two joking me? How can you two be together?” Hyeri pointed a finger at them accusingly. Sehun suddenly felt self-concious and tried to release his hands from Lu Han’s grip but the older boy only tightened his hold. Sehun looked at Lu Han to see him smiling reassuringly at him and nodded.

“This is not a joke, Hyeri. We are really together and that has nothing to do with you.” Lu Han answered firmly.

“Lu Han, I’m being serious here. Stop playing with me, you guys.” Hyeri was starting to get pissed. She never imagined this happening to her.

“Hyeri, we aren’t playing with you. Can’t you just believe that we’re together?” Sehun sighed.

Hyeri shook her head furiously. “You two are trying to get your revenge by making me believe you two are dating, aren’t you? You thought I would be hurt if I thought you two were in love with each other. But I’m not buying that. Stop the act.”

“Hyeri, stop it now. You’re making a scene.” Gaeul whispered to her and she felt someone pulling her hands.

Hyeri refused to believe that the two were actually in love with each other. But the glow on Sehun’s face erased all doubts in her mind and she is starting to believe what was really happening. Plus the tight grip of Lu Han’s hand on Sehun just says everything.

Lu Han stepped forward and Hyeri was forced to look him in the eyes. She winced as she remembered the last time she had seen those doe eyes of his. “Hyeri, I really love Sehun and I know Sehun does, too. This is no joke. You know how serious I am about relationships. I don’t just joke about this stuff. I know it’s hard to believe that two of your ex-boyfriends are actually a couple now but we’re serious about each other. And I’m sure you can notice that, since you know both of us.”

“But why? Why you? Why him?” Hyeri was starting to calm down but was starting to feel light-headed.

“Because of you.” Hyeri turned to look at Sehun who answered her. “Hyeri, you brought us together. If you only treated one of us right, you would’ve been happy with either of us right now. What you did just brought us closer.”

“Yeah, if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have met Sehun who I really find to be such a sweet boy I want to take care of. I still can’t believe you cheated on him, when he’s such an adorable person who’s worth loving.” Hyeri felt like she was just punched in the face. Lu Han smiled sweetly at her but from the glint in his eyes, she knows he’s mocking her.

“Y-You cheated on Sehun?” Woori and Gaeul were dumbfounded. They never thought their friend would do that.

“I-I…” She looked at both her friends who were looking at her disbelievingly. She couldn’t take it so she ran out the café. She heard Lu Han saying “You don’t have to go after her,” and Sehun following after her.

“What?” She exclaimed. Sehun was taken aback by the sudden outburst from the girl.

“I just want to say thank you. Really, thank you.” Sehun said and he flashed her a genuine smile, something he had been wanting to give Hyeri the moment he realized he had moved on.

Hyeri was confused. “For what?”

“For bringing Lu Han in my life. I think I would never have met Lu Han if you went back to Korea for our first year anniversary because then, I wouldn’t have planned to surprise you and Lu Han wouldn’t have found me in your university. It really was because of you why we met. And I want to thank you for that. He has been the best thing I ever had in my whole life.” Sehun surprised Hyeri by hugging her. She blink once, twice, to realize what was happening. And when she did, she hugged back. It was a hug full of full of unspoken apologies and forgiveness. A hug of guilt and a hug of comfort. Hyeri bit her lips to stop herself from crying. She felt so bad for what she had done to both Sehun and Lu Han and she hated that Sehun had forgiven her just like that.

“Sehun, I…” Hyeri started as they released each other from the hug. “I’m really sorry for cheating on you.”

“I know. But it’s all in the past now.” Sehun gave her another smile and this time, Hyeri smiled back.

 

Hyeri knows her relationship with Sehun and Lu Han may never be mended but at least now, she doesn’t have to feel any sort of guilt. Because if there’s something she was sure of, it was that Lu Han would take good care of Sehun like he did with her, and probably better, and that Sehun would always be there for Lu Han like he was with her. If there’s something she could be proud of, it was that her betrayal had definitely led to something beautiful; it brought Sehun and Lu Han together.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Finally, this story is finished. I am deeply sorry for the delay. :(
I hope you guys liked the ending. I just want HunHan to end up together without Hyeri being forgotten or anything. She is an important character in HunHan's relationship after all. :)

Anyways, I still have a two-week vacation before another semester starts and I have been planning to write something. A couple of one/twoshots meshed up into one story. Every chapter or two would be about the different couples in one AU. :D

Gonna start writing that now so I hope you guys look out for it. Thanks!!! ^.^