No words

Heart shaped post-it notes - oneshot

 

Heart shaped post-it notes - Taoris

 

Kris opened the door of Tao's bedroom, and found the younger man sitting on his bed, the covers hiding most of his body, , looking at nothing in particular, with a sad gaze. Like he usually would be, every night, before going to bed. The younger man thought a lot more about his life at night, that's why he was always sadder at that time. Kris sighed and walked over to Tao, sitting down the bed and giving him a small smile. The younger smiled back but Kris could see the boy was still sad. Kris looked at the walls of the room they were currently in. They were covered with hundreds of post it notes. Heart shaped post it notes. Tao liked those, a lot. So Kris would only buy those for Tao. They were bright pink, and contrasted a lot with the baby blue of the walls. But it didn't matter, because Tao liked it. And there were only a few things Tao liked. And if Tao liked it, Kris would let him do everything he liked, he would do everything to make the boy happy, to  make the boy smile.

 

Scanning the room once again, he looked at the post it notes. Some of them had happy notes on it. Some of them sad notes. Some of them had nothing at all. All of them were written by Tao, and the number of notes he wrote got bigger as the years passed. He replaced them over and over again, getting tired of seeing what was written on them. There were mornings when Kris would come to Tao's room to wake him up, and almost all of them were on the floor. Teared up, crunched up, the words written on them were now impossible to read. Kris would only sigh, and pick up the little pieces of paper from the floor, throwing them in the trash after .

 

Kris looked at the younger man once again, only to realize he was holding some post it notes on his hand. Kris put his hand in front of Tao, as if asking to see the notes. Tao hesitated, but ended up handing them over, letting his gege see them.

 

Kris started reading the pink post it notes.

 

Why does it hurt so much?

 

Why does it have to be like this?

 

Why can't I tell him?

 

Why can't I hear him?

 

Why can't I speak?

 

Why can't I hear?

 

Why?

 

Kris quickly wiped the tears away from his eyes, hoping Tao wouldn't notice. But when he looked at the younger man, he was scribbling on some post it notes, not even looking at him. When he was done writing, he showed the post it note to Kris. 

 

Wu Fan

 

Kris smiled when Tao put the post it on the taller mans chest, the post it sticking to his clothes. Then, Tao took the other post it, and showed it do Kris again.

 

Huang Zitao

 

This time, Kris frowned, when Tao slowly ripped the post it in half. The heart was torn. His torn heart. He then let the post it fall on the floor, the two pieces flying to opposite sides. Kris looked at the two ripped pieces, and saw them fall on the floor. He looked at the younger man, and saw him with his head down, silently sobbing. 

 

He couldn't let the boy live like this anymore. He had to make him happy, truly happy. At least once. 

 

He put his finger on Tao's chin, lifting the younger boys head up, to face him. with his other hand, he wiped away the tears staining the boys cheeks. He took the post it not in his chest, with his name on it, and stuck it on Tao's chest. The younger man looked confused. Kris simply smiled at Tao, cupping his cheeks with his hands, and slowly leaned in.

 

One kiss. One simple, chaste kiss. It was all it took. Tao broke into a smile, and new tears already formed in his eyes. Kris smiled back, and after both of them stared into each others eyes for what it seemed like forever, Kris took one post it note, and started writing on it with a pen. Tao tilted his head in confusion.

 

Kris only smiled at his cuteness. He showed the post it note to Tao, and Tao chuckled softly at the messy handwriting.

 

Huang Zitao

 

He took the post it note, and stuck it to his chest. 

 

Tears flowed on both of their faces, but they were happy still. No words were said, no sounds were heard. But their smiles showed they were truly happy at that moment.

 

Tao loved Kris, but he would never say it. It wasn't like Tao could say it, because he couldn't.

Kris loved Tao, but he would never say it. It wasn't like Tao could hear him say it, because he couldn't.

 

But they could show it.

 

 

 

THE END 

 


 

 

 

A/N: What the hell did I just write. *Hides in bushes, never to be seen again*