Part 2

Tattoo [oneshot]

continuation...

---

 

I was in class thinking about her, when a classmate came in late, again. It looked like she literally just woke up. She glanced at me a couple of times, not that I was staring, but it felt like someone’s eyes were on my, so I just had to turn.

It was break time when I was with my friends.

“I’m planning on inviting a guest DJ to my party. I’m inviting Star.” Jay whispered.

“What?!” I exclaimed along with the others. I lowered my voice, “You know her?”

“I’ve got connections.” Jay replied, then winked.

He took out his phone and called someone. A few seconds later, the same girl came with a tray. She put it down and Jay pulled her into a hug.

“I never see you at home! You hate me that much?” Jihwan actually whined.

The girl smiled. “What? I’m working, and when I get home, you already left for school.”

“Jay, you have a sister?” I asked.

“Yeah… I forgot to mention it to you guys? Sorry. Sis, meet Mika, Injun, Karam, and Hyunmin.”

“Ah… I know Mika. We have a couple of classes together.”

She smiled at me with a shy look, and then looked away. I didn’t even know that she’s Jihwan’s sister. Her hair was in a mess, but she’s still pretty. She isn’t that tall, yet her body figure is great.

They talked about the party, which will be happening on the weekend. I haven’t seen her talk like this, and she’s actually fun to talk to. I met her again in my physical education class. I didn’t even know she was in that class with me.

“Ms. Jeon, you know the rules, hair must be tied in this class.” The teacher said.

“Can’t you just let me go this once? I don’t have anything to tie it up.” That was her excuse.

Now that I look at her, she really looks like Star.

“Here’s mine Lis. I have an extra.” A girl offered. She took it.

I heard my other classmate. ‘She’s so hot.’ Some says, ‘she’s so y.’ Others, ‘her body’s great.’

“Hey, you guys, shut up.” I told them. Then, snickered at me because it’s not like she’s my girlfriend.

We had to run a mile. When we were running, the tie on her hair fell. She was ahead of me, so I had the chance to look at her pick it up and tie her hair again. I saw the same tattoo as Star’s. I stopped in my track. Does that mean, she’s actually Star? That’s probably why she looked so familiar, and she knows Star! Plus, she had glanced at me a couple of times. Does it also mean that she likes me?

I have to find a way to get close to her. I have to get close to her. I have to know her. That was my plan, but I didn’t know what became next.

I purposely tackled her that day, but told her it was an accident. I had to bring her to the infirmary.

“I wasn’t in anyone’s way, so it must have been on purpose.” Her voice was angry. She was mad. “Mika, you did it on purpose. Hey! Say something!”

“I’m sorry, Star.”

“What did you just call me?” her voice changed.

“I called you Star, because you are Star. Am I right or not?”

“Mika, I’m going to tell you the truth right now. My name’s Phyllis. I’m Jay’s brother. My nickname is Star. Yes, I’m Star, but not the one you’re looking for. It’s not me. I’m not DJ Star.”

It feels like she’s telling the truth, but I don’t believe her. I’m so sure that it’s her. Who else could it be?

“How do you know about DJ Star? If you’re not her, then why would Jay call you for Star’s connection?”

She was silent for a few minutes. The whole time, it was silent. She didn’t say anything. I walked her to her next class. “I’m not giving up, Lis.”

And I didn’t give up. She still keeps on insisting that she’s not DJ Star, which I told her I believed her. We hung out every time I had the chance. She’s actually very friendly. We got pretty close in just three days. I started feeling something for her which I wasn’t expecting. I know she does too. I wasn’t sure about it. But at the same time, I was half sure. I’ve always loved DJ Star, from afar, and now that I’ve met her, my emotions are unstable.

The day before the party, I was surprised to what she said. Her confession made my heart beat faster, and I was excited. I told her I love her. She just smiled, and went home.

Jay’s party was intense. He invited several people. As a big and powerful family, he had invited celebrities. I haven’t seen Lis yet. The music blasted, so I’m sure she’s making some cool noises up on the stage right now. She was so cool.

“Mika.” A familiar voice called me from behind. I turned around and saw Star staring straight at me holding a glass. She wore a short black dress that molded her curvy body. She was stunning in that dress.

Star walked over to me. I was speechless. Who was that person up on the turn table?

“W-w-why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be up there?” I stuttered as I turned around again and someone with the same face as her was DJ-ing.

“I told you I wasn’t a DJ. My nickname’s Star, but I’m not the DJ. Mika, they call me star because I’ve always loved looking at the night sky. And so, someone had to use that nickname. My sister also wanted to be called star, because she wants to be a celebrity. She rose up to the top known also as Star, DJ Star. The prettiest and talented DJ in the town. Mika, she’s my twin sister.” She paused to take a deep breath. “When I told you my feelings, it was true. It came from my heart and mind. But I’m not the one you love, Mika, it’s my twin sister. You’re in love with my twin sister, and not me.”

I was wrong. I was way off. It was already there. I couldn’t reach DJ Star. All I could think of was her, the thought that Lis was DJ Star. I saw the truth now, Lis was not DJ Star at all. I made a grave mistake. The mistake of hurting Lis. She had been telling me all this time that she wasn’t DJ Star. That she was the real Star.

I thought so hard over the weekend. I may have not known Lis for a long time, but I’m sure this time that I already have feelings for her. When I got to school on Monday, she wasn’t late for the first time. I made my way to her desk, ignoring everyone’s stares.

“I’m sorry. I’m apologizing for not realizing it sooner and not believing you. I’m apologizing because I’ve hurt you. I was a jerk. I was stupid. What else? Call me anything you want. Slap me! Or whatever! Just give me another chance.”

Her response felt like a million years away. She cupped my face and smiled widely, the smile that I’ve never seen before. Then she hugged me.

The next day, she came in late, and this time she wasn’t alone. The teacher had scolded her for being late all the time. This time as well, her hair was tied up, as well as the person she was with. Lis went straight to her seat. I know the others were surprised as well.

“Hello everyone! I’m Elizabeth, Star’s, I mean Lis’s twin sister. Nice to meet you all.”

Elizabeth, DJ Star’s real name. She waved at her sister happily. But Lis turned to me and gave me a wink.

She sat in front of me and fixed her hair. I saw a star tattoo on her neck. The same tattoo I saw on Star’s neck that night.