"Yes, Jagiya?"

"Yes, Jagiya?" [One-Shot]

 

 

I disliked him. No, change that. I hated him.

All he did was tease me, bully me, annoy me, copy my homework, follow me around, get me into trouble, tease me more, and the list goes on.

I felt someone kick the chair behind me. I spun around in my seat and faced him. “Yah, Kim Jaeseop!”

“Yes, jagiya?” he grinned at me teasingly.

“Stop kicking my chair! And don’t call me jagiya!” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Why not?”

“’Cause I’m not your jagiya! Go find someone else to be your jagiya!”

“You 2 at the back of the class! Keep quiet and pay attention to the lesson!” the teacher caught us talking.

I said nothing and glared at Jaeseop.

 

After school, I left the classroom hurriedly in an attempt to avoid that stupid Kim Jaeseop. Unfortunately for me, he caught me on my way out and pulled my bag, causing me to fall backwards and drop the books in my arms.

“Kim Jaeseop! What’s your problem?” I picked up my books and cursed.

“Nothing, jagiya,” he smirked as he watched me pick up my books.

“Argh, seriously, you!”

“Yes, jagiya? I what? And why do you call me Jaeseop anyway? Everyone calls me AJ.”

“I refuse to call you by that ridiculous name! Now, out of my way, Kim Jaeseop!” I emphasized on his name and pushed past him.

“Aww, jagiya, are you shy?” Jaeseop latched his arms around my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks.

“Let. Go. Of. Me! And don’t ever call me jagiya!” I grabbed his arms and twisted them out of the way, feeling satisfied when I heard him groan in pain.

“Jagiya, are you angry?” he rubbed his sore arms, somehow still managing to smirk at me. Oh god, he was thick-skinned!

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Ever since elementary school you’ve been like this, teasing me and annoying me, then when we went to middle school you started calling me jagiya and I have no idea why, but I do know that I’m sick of you and your childish antics! So back off, Kim Jaeseop!”

I stormed away.

 

It’s been 2 weeks since that incident. Jaeseop didn’t come near me, didn’t annoy me, and only talked to me when necessary. I grinned inwardly. It seems like his torture had ended.

I turned around in my seat and caught his eye. He had a strange look in his eyes, a look I couldn’t fathom. It was like… sadness, mixed with mischievousness, or something like that. I scowled and turned around.

It was his eyes that had caught my attention back in elementary school. They always had this sparkle to it, and always looked amused. When he first approached me in elementary school and asked if we wanted to be friends, those eyes were just sparkling so beautifully and I just had to agree. I even fell in love with him!

I shook my head. How could I have loved someone like him? When he first called me jagiya, I thought it was cute, but then he became annoying and started pestering me whenever he had the chance to, and the word ‘jagiya’ had become one of mockery for me. I hated it when he called me jagiya, and I hated him too.

Officially, we weren’t exactly enemies, we were more like… friend-annoying-other-friend friends.

And… if I was being honest with myself, I would say that I actually missed his silliness and immature actions.

I shook away that thought quickly.

I started hearing tapping sounds from behind me. The tapping got faster and faster, and suddenly stopped. A few minutes later, it started again. Stopped. Started.

I tried concentrating on the lesson and ignored the tapping. But it grew louder and louder, and even people at the surrounding tables were starting to get irritated.

I sighed angrily and turned around. “Kim Jaeseop!”

He stopped his tapping abruptly and smiled sweetly at me. “Yes, jagiya?”

I was taken aback. I had thought that maybe, just maybe, he had learnt his lesson and stopped calling me jagiya. But, no, I was wrong.

I just stared speechlessly at him. His eyes were mocking me, as if waiting patiently waiting for me to respond.

“You 2 again! How many times have I caught the both of you chatting in class? Stay back after school today for reflection!” the teacher shouted across the class.

I turned and looked at him, shocked. I wasn’t even talking! I balled my hands into fists. Kim Jaeseop had gotten me into trouble again!

The rest of the day crawled by at the speed of a snail. Jaeseop was in almost every class I had, and he would find one way or another to annoy me.

Why was he being so irritating today?

The bell rang, signaling the end of school. I packed my bag, ready to leave the school. When I stood up, I felt someone grab my wrist. “Jagiya, we have to stay back.”

I already knew who it was without even looking at him. I sighed and plopped myself down on the chair, folding my arms over my chest and ignoring Jaeseop.

The teacher walked into the now empty (except for me and Jaeseop) classroom. “What’s with the 2 of you? Always talking in class. Am I that boring?”

No response.

“Never mind that, fill in your reflections here and put it in my locker when the 2 of you are done. I have a meeting to attend to, so I expect you both to stay here by yourselves.” He handed us a piece of paper each, and walked out.

I sighed heavily and started writing my reflections.

The tapping started again, this time from beside me.

I looked up, about to shout at Jaeseop, but what I saw was something I never would have expected.

Jaeseop wasn’t smirking at me, calling me jagiya, and his eyes didn’t have that mischievous twinkle in them.

He had a sad smile on his face, his eyes looked like they were dead, and suddenly Jaeseop looked way more mature than he actually was.

“J-Jaeseop? Oppa, gwenchana? What’s wrong?” I got out of my seat and sat on his table.

The sides of his lips curved up, forming the cat smile I loved so much. “Nothing, jagiya. Finish up your reflections and let’s go home.”

I grabbed his face. “Kim Jaeseop, you look at me. We’ve been friends since elementary school, and we know each other so well we can probably write a whole essay about each other. There is something wrong with you. Now tell me what it is.”

“Jagiya…”

“Hmm?”

“Jagiya, it’s you.”

I let go of his face. “Me?”

He stood up, taller than me now. “Yes, jagiya. You. Ever since that incident, I’ve felt so lonely. You don’t understand how much you mean to me, do you? You have no idea how much you hurt me, do you?”

“Kim Jaeseop, don’t talk rubbish…” my eyes were growing wider. Was he talking about what I think he was talking about?

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, making me shiver. “Jagiya... you loved me in elementary school, didn’t you?”

My face grew hot. How did he know? I didn’t say anything! I bit onto my bottom lip.

“I’ll take that as a yes then.”

“Yah, Kim Jaeseop, don’t assume!”

“Oh, I’m not assuming. It’s true, isn’t it?”

I pushed him away. “So what if it’s true? I don’t think of you in that way anymore! You’re just a friend, and that’s your fault, ‘cause you kept annoying me!”

Silence. Jaeseop sat down slowly. “Have you ever thought of the reason why I would annoy you?” he said quietly.

I was surprised by that question. I’ve never really thought of that before. I just sat on his table, watching him. Those eyes I loved so much were so dull now. I wanted them to sparkle like they did whenever he had an idea, or whenever he was happy. “Jaeseop oppa…”

“Yes, jagiya?”

“I love you…”

“What?” he eyes were wide. I realized what I had said, and clamped a hand over my mouth. Why did I say that? I didn’t like him anymore! I only saw him as a friend! Why were my feelings so conflicting?

Tears started spilling from my eyes. I hurried to wipe them away. I felt someone’s hand hold both of my hands, and another hand wiping the tears away gently.

“Jagiya, why are you crying?” Jaeseop looked into my eyes.

“I…I don’t know… Jaeseop oppa, I’m so confused…” I bawled.

“Confused about?”

“You…”

“Me?”

I sniffed. “I don’t know if I still love you like I did in elementary school! After that incident, I miss your teasing, and I miss the way your eyes shine happily whenever you’re bullying me, and I know this is weird but in these 2 weeks, I missed you!”

He stood up. “Since you confessed to me… I guess I have to confess too, right?”

“Huh?”

“Jagiya… I love you. I’ve loved you since we were in elementary school, but I didn’t dare to tell you. I started teasing you because you were so cute whenever you were teased. I called you jagiya because you are my jagiya. Don’t ever say you’re not my jagiya anymore, it hurts me. It hurts me like the way you hurt me 2 weeks ago.”

I looked up into Jaeseop’s eyes. They were bright again, a small twinkle of love in them.

“So let me ask you now, jagiya, will you be my girlfriend?” he did his lovely cat smile.

I traced his lips and leaned in to kiss him. Our lips pressed against each other’s softly, and when we broke the kiss, I whispered, “Yes.”

Jaeseop laughed. “I love you, jagiya.”

“I love you too, oppa”

“Ok, now get your off my table so we can finish our reflections and go home.”

“Yah! Kim Jaeseop!”

“Yes, jagiya?” 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

 

The one-shot has ended!! What do you guys think about it? ;)

Will continue with my other fanfic now^^ you can read it here: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/236754/dear-diary-romance-soohyun-tragedy-ukiss

 

Hope you guys have enjoyed this!! Saranghae~~