Chapter 1

The Defector

Defect: 

 

— vb
  intr to desert one's country, cause, allegiance, etc, esp inorder to join the opposing forces

 

 


 

 

Dressed in off-white lace, I was seductive. I was out of my realm. I smiled at him with my red-rouged lips: the invitation. He smiled back. I watched the minute bubbles of champagne waterfall into two glasses by his lithe hand. The slight fizz of the champagne felt welcoming as it touched my lips. After a sip, his hand s onto my semi-exposed thigh and gave a firm squeeze. 

 

"It's nice to see you again," he said. "It's been, months?"

 

"Months." I nodded, taking a slow sip of my champagne. I ran my free hand down the silky waves of my hair and drew out a sigh. His eyes were on my every movement. 

 

"Look at you," His eyes fully sized me up. I breathed a low laugh. I briskly cast my eye to the wall opposite of us before I playfully gazed back into his eyes.

 

 

~

 

 

 

Across the wall, in the adjoining room, Yunho was leaning against the wall, pressing his hand into his ear. He tilted his neck partially, feeling the grateful stretch and relief it temporarily gave him. He tilted his neck back to its place, close to the wall. Siwon exhaled as he placed his glass gently on the table and leaned in close to Ji Eun. "I'm quite the lucky man." 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 


I smiled ambiguously. By the familiar sight of his dark brown eyes, I had no idea of the depth I was in for, not when they pierced into mine. The silence was a provocateur. I bit my bottom lip, watching his eye as he caught it as far as the nature of inconspicuous would allow.


"Glad you came tonight." I moved closer, towards his lips. The smell of his subtle cologne sent me to despair. My heart began to pound. I let him cradle my face with his hands. There was a soft rap at the door. I kissed him softly, feeling the grip of his lips on mine. Pulling away, I kicked off my heels and arose, plucking my half-empty wine flute from the table. "I ordered some more champagne," I walked to the door, taming the blows inside my chest. I twisted the doorknob and took one step outside and into the hallway. A frozen second hung in the gap between my stepping out and finding Yunho leaning against the wall. He gave a subtle nod at me as he brushed past me and into the room. His garb of all black was not disarming in the least. I breathed out of my nostrils and closed my eyes for a brief second. Siwon's face went flat as the visitor came unannounced. I stood near the door, doing away with my glass. The shatter was barely heard on the thin of the carpet. My small handgun materialized, and I held it loosely to my side. Yunho glided into the room, and situated himself in front of Siwon, with just the coffee table between them. 
 

 

"Hey, Siwon." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Updating soon. Please subscribe and comment ^^ Hope you've enjoyed it so far.