> 01 < Tutorial; How to Install the Korean Keyboard

< 한글 학교 ┇ learning korean for dummies >
how to install the korean keyboard

If you don’t already know how to. I remember in my first story about this, when I posted this tutorial, basically everyone didn’t know that you could install other language keyboards and were very satisfied ^^ hehehe. So anyway, it is a very simple process. Unfortunately, this tutorial is only for PCs. So, if you have a Mac, I’m sorry but I can’t help you xD. You could try Googling a tutorial. But I’m not even sure Macs can install other language keyboards judging by its taskbar.

Let’s begin!

1 } Open up “Control Panel” in ‘Category View.’ (You can change how you view the Control Panel by clicking the top right corner.) Click “Change keyboards or other input methods” in the ‘Clock, Language, and Region’ section.

 

2 } A window will pop up. Click the “Change keyboards…” button.

 

3 } Another window will pop up. You will see a list of which language keyboards you have, and there should probably be only one language on the list—your default language. Click the “Add…” button.

 

4 } Pop goes yet another window! You will see a very looong list of languages. Scroll down until you find “Korean (Korea).” (You can also look for other languages as well, if you want.) As you can see, there are little boxes with ‘+’ signs. When you find “Korean (Korea),” there will be a ‘+’ sign. Click it and the list will extend with the options ‘Keyboard’ and ‘Other.’ Click the ‘+’ next to ‘Keyboard’ and you will see three check boxes: “Korean,” “Microsoft IME,” and “Show More…” Check off “Microsoft IME.” I know “Korean” is also checked off in the picture but you don’t need to check it and I don’t recommend you check it because it’s really annoying and pointless. LOL. When you have done this, click the “OK” button!

 

5 } The window you were just on before will close and you will return to the window with the list of languages you have installed. Click the “Apply” button, but before that, if you want, you can change your default input language (on the top) to Korean. That’s what I did. I find it more convenient because the Korean language bar can switch from Korean and English but the English language bar only has English lol.

 

6 } Now look at your taskbar or start bar or whatever you call it. On the right, you should see the thing that is highlighted. Or you’ll see “EN.” Click “EN” and it will change to what is highlighted. As you can see, there is the letter “A.” That means when you type, the words will be in English. On your keyboard, press the “Alt” key that is on the right. The “A” will change to a Korean character. Then you can start typing in Korean. Hooray!

And that is the end of the tutorial. Bye-bye! Hope it wasn’t too hard. I blabbered a lot, didn’t I? XD If you have any questions, comment below and they shall be answered in the mailbox of the next chapter c:

>>mailbox; questions? comments? comment below and they shall be answered here c:

JongLu: Annyeongheaseyo, this is great! I am a Mexican American, and I am learning Korean, well, I can read professionally, but I am just trying to learn and memorise present-day Korean words. :D Hope you can teach me a few things upon learning more Korean. -JongLu
Me: Thanks for calling this great! haha c: Yup, we'll be learning words soon, but not so soon because I have to go through the Korean characters xD I hope I can as well! XD Thank you for subscribing and adding me as a friend! :)

MiniMac: Ah, yay! Korean story!
Me: Yay! -throws confetti- lolol XD Thanks for subscribing! :D

citylights: hi lydia. /slithers in
Me: hi christine! i was going to send you the link to this but you seemed to have found it yourself c: thanks for calling this poster amazing ahurhurhur >:3

And thank you to everyone else who subscribed butwastoshytocommentloljkguys Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something! Byeee! ^~^