Shipping Feels

Title is Up For Suggestion

“Ahh,” I yawned, stretching my arms over my head and waving them about in semicircles. “Can’t start the day without coffee and some EXO.” I tied my hair back into a ponytail as I shuffled into the kitchen, slouching and sleepy. I glanced at the coffee pot expectantly, but it was empty.

 

“Fine, be like that! I’ll just skip you and go to the EXO!” I irrationally pouted. I was oftentimes illogical in the mornings, but on mornings like this, it was as if my brain had died during the night. What kind of morning would this be? Hunhan? Baekyeol? No, yesterday was the breakfast couple. Today, I was feeling a disgusting sugary-sweetness that I normally drowned with bitter coffee. I shrugged; why not go with the flow? Kray then.

 

***

 

An impatient knock began at the door, slow and periodic at first but quickly evolving into a rapid, erratic pounding. “I’ll be there in a few seconds,” I brokenly called from my basket chair where I was curled up with my laptop, frantically sating my Kray “feels”.

 

“Alright,” the person at the door resigned. I quickly clicked the “next” button and began to skim over the final chapter.

 

Lay stood at the edge of the dirty concrete roof. The flashing lights below indicated that busy city was still awake and very much alive. Beneath his feet, a pair strolled down the sidewalk, as blissfully happy as he had been a month ago when none of this had happened …

 

He took a deep breath as he remembered the precious few moments he had spent with Kris. He wished to God that he could have more, but since when did God listen to him? Hadn’t he asked for Kris’s safe return from overseas? And now, Kris was slated to die … 

 

Kris leaned over the fallen Lay, his eyes blank as usual. “So you actually did it. I didn’t think you would, I didn’t think you could, but thank you, for proving that you were worthy of my love.”…

 

The cold November air nipped at his uncovered hands that were bloodied from holding the deceased Lay … I straightened up, shocked. Lay had died?! What kind of fanfic was this?! My eyes raced up to the tags’ area. There, the first of the few blue signs, was a blatantly put “tragedy” tag.

 

“Nooooooo! How could Lay have died? What kind of irresponsible author kills her main character?!” I cried for the unfairness of it all as my bottom lip trembled with my tears. “Why?! Why, author-nim?” I shook my laptop in fury, trying to satisfy my vivid fantasy of throttling the disgraceful shipper who had written the fanfic.

 

“Miyoung, what are you doing?” a worried voice asked from outside.

 

“I’m bawling my eyes out! What does it sound like?” I lamented snappishly as I continued to vent my inhibited fangirling.

 

The door was ablated by a furious storm of pounding. A frazzled and agitated Seehyun dashed to my side, embracing me and cooing, “Just let it out, and tell me what’s wrong.”

 

“Lay effing died in this fic!” I wailed, pointing at the laptop accusingly. Seehyun’s poker face reappeared immediately, and she retracted robotically, giving me a quizzical stare.

 

“You … were crying over a fanfic?” She aimed her laser eyes at me, daring me to affirm her suspicions.

 

“YES!” I flapped my hands about dramatically. “Ah, my feels! They’re killing me! This author, this” I hurriedly read the screen name of the author. “This chocolatelover91 is the most heinous shipper ever! She killed Lay; she killed Lay!” I buried my face in a pillow and let out one continuous “AHHHHHHHH!”.

 

Seehyun fixed a blank stare on me. “I’m coming back tomorrow when you get all this” She gestured to the mess of cushions, tissues, and tears I had made while madly thrashing. “cleaned up.” She exited quietly, but I soon heard the call of “And change out of your bedclothes; it’s four in the afternoon!” drift down the hallway to my open apartment. I looked at the wall clock curiously. Its hands had inched backwards from a half hour ago, but I attributed it to a battery malfunction of some sort. Huh. So it really was four in the afternoon. I shrugged indifferently. What was I going to do with only a few hours left in the day? Definitely not work. And as long as I was here … I picked up my laptop once more and saw the advertised sequel at the end of the final chapter. I emitted a small squeal of joy as I maneuvered the mouse icon to the link. Maybe Lay would come back as a zombie …

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: And my chapters haven't come back. *cue the sobbing* Psh, no! I have them saved on my computer. ;) I think the title is the same, but if it isn't, well, it's pretty darn close, 'kay?