Chapter 2

Love Stoned

"This thing you've got going on, this thing between you two, has got to stop"

Loud. The voice sounded awfully loud.

"Wake up! Jessica Jung! Wake up!" A pillow was thrown at her face and she grimaced. This intruder had no mercy. She heard footsteps walking over to the windows and the curtain drawn opened. Sunlight streamed in and Jessica squirmed, burying her face into her pillow like a vampire burning in a daylight.

"You're a douche!" Jessica bellowed.

The intruder had no regrets for her action. In fact, she grabbed another pillow and hit the sleeping girl again until she grunted and cursed and finally came to life.

Disheveled hair, bloodshot eyes and a terrible pounding in her head, Jessica wished she was dead.

"My head hurts so much" she groaned, palms on her head trying to rub it away.

"Were you with Yoona last night?"

"Ugh"

"Did you drunk-call her again?"

"Please don't"

"You can't do that, Jess!"

"Please stop yelling"

"You need to forget about her and move on"

"I don't need your lecture, Tiffany"

"She's with someone else now and she's engaged for god sake!"

"I know that"

Tiffany glared at her best friend, an angry stare with a hint of sympathy. She had once thought too, that Jessica and Yoona would be together forever but things turned sour, feelings took over and they ended a five year relationship a year ago.

"If you want me to quit scolding you, go take a shower and get dressed. We're going out, remember?"

"I want to sleep in some more"

"Jess, I mean it. You promised to accompany me buy my brother's birthday present!"

Jessica scowled, still hangover but before Tiffany could say anything else, she rolled off her bed and head to shower.

"Where's my phone?" Jessica came back out from the bathroom.

"Why aren't you showering yet?"

"Where's my phone?"

"I don't know"

"Give me yours"

Tiffany tossed her phone over to Jessica and she instantly dialed a number. After two rings, someone answered, "Hello?"

"Yoona, it's me" and Yoona hung up.

No surprise there. Yoona never take calls from her the next morning or any calls from her at all, unless she’s drunk but Jessica always try to call anyway.

Jessica gave back the phone; avoiding Tiffany's gaze and head for the shower. Staring down at her phone, she couldn't help feeling sorry and partly guilty. If only she didn't.