Truth Hurts

2012 Minus Seven

 

 

A/N: Just to let you understand, hmm... A) its all Kyuhyun's POV and B) its flashback, and I'll mark that and C) its one more day at Shanghai, and I guess those two facing some changes so D) read it!

 

(Kyuhyun's POV)

I scrolled my phone screen, I saw loads of pictures.of me in Shanghai. I smiled, looking at every picture of it. Three long days had finally gone so fast. And i don't wanna be like this. 

I realized that I liked her. I really liked her so much. I don't want to lose her. She's been so happy these days... her smile is just as bright as usual. 

I was thinking, is she okay now? Does she sleep well now? I hope she'd think again of how kind I was to her. 

Seventeen years of friendship, and she still choose to keep our friendship. But I don't wanna be friends. I can't be friends anymore with her.

I think its more than friends. Its been wonderful with her.... but its stupid that I want her now. After all those incidents, only I that fell for her? I hope this isn't a hard one. 

But its too fast, she'll think she's just my runaway. She'd think like that, but she never knew she’s my first and last stop. she'll think our friendship can be broken because of love. She'll think that one of us will be hurt, and everything can't be fix afterwards.

If she ever realized that its just lies. 

 

If she knew that I'm scared of my feelings, but more scared to lose.

 

If she knew that I can't be friends with her. 

 

If she knew that I'm too stupid of all in her.

 

If she knew that I can't give her to someone else.

 

If she knew that my dream was to see her everyday.

 

If she knew that I want to do anything for her.

 

If she knew that I.... love her.

 

"Annyeong" I said as I opened the webcam. Its still recording, i coughed and continue. "I... I'm glad, if you could see me in here. Thank you for that... I wonder what are you doing now."

"I'm not really that good and kind to you. But I always tried my best to be there for you" I said. "Oh, and... you never heard me sing, right? I've been singing in the bathroom these days, I was so happy. I hope you would love to hear it again"

I took my guitar and played the song. Thinking that she's there, and seeing this.

yeogikkajiin geot gatasseo naui gieogi

dasin mot bol eolguldeulman seuchyeoga

 

amugeotdo hal su eobseotdeon kkeute seoseo

 

du son moa gidoman haesseo

 

ajik motdahan nae maeumeul jeonhal su itge

 

dasi ireona nal gidaryeojun geudael bogo sipeo

 

dasi doraga hago sipeun mal saranghamnida

 

meomchwobeorin geotman gatasseo sesangi da

 

haengbokhaetdeon sigandeulman seuchyeoga

 

naegen eobseul geotman gatatdeon kkeute seoseo

 

geureoke nan gidoman haesseo

 

jinachyeo watdeon sarangdeureul neukkil su itge

 

dasi ireona nal gidaryeojun geudael bogo sipeo

 

dasi doraga hago sipeun mal saranghamnida

 

saranghamnida...

 

I smiled as if she's there, looking at me. I sighed and I clicked the stop button. Its not the right time to confess it. I’m still unsure about everything.

I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I loved you. But I’m not letting you know.

Before I know that its really you.

<<<<>>>> 

 

=Flashback=

"Oh no" Donghae touched my forehead and pulled my covers up. "You can't go for the trip I guess"

"What? No" I protested, then I coughed. "I'm not that sick, hyung"

"Don't force yourself" Eunhyuk said. "You're sick, dude. We don't want you to get worse by the trip"

Hyoyeon, Siwon and Jo Eun suddenly came in. Jo Eun seemed worried. "Gwaenchana?" she asked.

"He had a fever" Ryeowook told her. "He should stay here to get some rest"

Jo Eun sighed. "I'll... I'll take care of him" she said.

"Jo Eun-ah, are you sure?" Hyoyeon asked. "You're not going for the trip?"

"He needs someone to take care now" Jo Eun answered. "Besides... it was my fault making him sick"

Yaaaa, is she acts or something? Last night she shoved me really hard, now trying to take care of me? Somehow I felt this is all unfair to Siwon.

"I’ll take care of him” she decided, feel convinced of her decision.

“That’s okay, Jo Eun-ah” Siwon said. “Kyuhyun-ah, get well soon”

“Ne, hyung” I answered. Everyone left. Only me and Jo Eun. Jo Eun looked at me with a worried look.

“Don’t worry about me” I smiled. “Its just fever. Its even my fault, I shouldn’t go swimming last night”

“Kyuhyun-ah, neo neomu pabo” she said as she knocked my head. “I think this is your punishment”

“What?” I asked.

“For being a ert” she said.

“Even if you choose to go, you won’t make it” I found another reason. “Then by that you’ll need my arms”

“Who told you?” she glared. “I can help myself”

“But you liked me” I smirked. “It so obvious from your face”

“Right, its obvious” she turned with a grin. “That I don’t like you”

“What was the blushing for?” I asked her, suspecting anything that comes out.

“Its natural cause your dork face is freaking close to me” she replied. “Your computer screen is even blushing if you do that”

“Please, its not human” I narrowed my eyes. She closed her book she just read. “After all, its my fault for leaving you ” she smiled evilly.

God, she’s just as evil as I am. Never changed. I was bored so I grabbed my laptop and start playing Starcraft, but before that… I saw her making instant noodles for breakfast. I quickly put my laptop down and sneakily took the chair and ate it.

“Ya!” she yelled as I ate faster. “That was for me!”

“I thought it was for me” I smirked. “Thanks by the way. I’m so hungry”

“Right, sick people” she remembered something on me. Must be this evil brain, eh? *evil laugh*

She grabbed an apple from the fridge and looked to my laptop. “Oh, Starcraft!” she was excited. “I’ll play it then”

“What?” I looked to her and she’s playing Starcraft now. “Hey! That’s mine!”

“You should get some rest” she said without looking. “And food”

“I was about to play that!” I protested. But she turned my baby off!

She ignored me and walked to the table then she put my laptop down. But then….

“CRAP, NO! CRAMMMMMPP!~ OH NO!!!!” she yelled. “AH~ IT HURTS! IT HURTS! NO! MY FEET’S GOT CRAMP NOOOOO! OH NO IT HURTS!”

“YA, SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN!” I stood up. Jo Eun glanced to me, a frightening look in her face. I weakly walked to her and helped her to sit on the chair.

“Its really hurt, I can’t move my left foot” she said to me. I pushed the chair, and put a pillow on my bed. “Put your feet on the pillow” I ordered. And she carefully lift her feet to the pillow. I watched her as I drank the medicine. (The hyungs told me about the medicines earlier)

“Hey, what are you doing there?” she asked. I turned and I remembered some massaging that can shoo away those crams.

“Jo Eun-ah, is it still hurts?” I asked her. She nodded. I got into the bed, and lifted her left foot without hesitation. I started massaging her left foot.

“Ow! Its…” she was surprised at first, but then she breathed calmly. “Somehow it calmed my nerves”

I smiled and continuing to massage her. But then, she got up again and ask “Wait… Kyuhyun, are you trying to do something to my foot? Do you like to touch my foot? Don’t dare taking chances!”

Neo micheosseo? I’m not doing those things!” I declined. “I’ll stop then and deal with the cramp by yourself”

“What? No!” she glared at me. Finally she knew it was good. “But you’re hand… its very hot” she said again.

“What is your problem this time? I know my hand is well-built!” I replied.

“Your hand’s burning, dude! You still need some rest, okay?” Jo Eun lifted her left foot quickly. I touched my forehead and its still burning. I saw her walking to the bathroom and back with a wet, small towel.

She put that towel on my head, and looking to me for a long time. Those round eyes, chubby cheeks, those short brown bangs hanging on her head, hiding her beautiful forehead… I knew it.

She leaned closer but- “BZZTTT, RRIIINGGGGGG~!”

Jo Eun quickly got up and start acting like ninja. She jumped to my bed, running and landed on the floor, and quickly running to her phone that keeps vibrating and ringing.

“Yeoboseyo? Ne, appa” she got a call from her dad. Shoot. What was that for, Jo Eun? WHAT WAS THAT FOR?? I quickly flipped my body to the bed, just got fail. Hufff….

“What? Oh, I’m just taking care of someone…” she said again. “Ah, ne… its him…. Appa, musun muriya?? We didn’t do anything!... Appa! Listen, I didn’t do anything… he doesn’t like me anyway. Why would he do that to me, appa?.... Ne, we should’ve gone to Disneyland today, but he’s, um, sick. Gwaenchana. I’ve bought you some souvenirs, don’t worry!... Ne. Um, how about you, appa?... Wae? I miss you too…. Ne, take care too, appa. Ne. Algeseumnida. Bye!”

“Were you just talking about me?” I asked her. She turned back, arms are crossed in front of her chest.

“What do you think? Did I talk about you?” she asked. “Yaaa, you’re so much asking. Just go to sleep, I’ll buy some food”

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked her. She sighed. Why does she has to go outside? Is she out of her mind again?”

“To find some food, babo. You don’t want to eat?” she asked. Then she’s gone eaten by the door. I mean, she got out of the room.

“Yeah, just go anyway” I got up and call the operator… “Hello? Is this the hotel restaurant? Oh yes, delivery service… I want some shark fin soup, and um… black pepper chicken. All with rice… yes, rice. Drink? Ah, yes… um mango juice and orange juice. To room 7892, yes… I’ll do the payment with credit card. You don’t know me? I’m Cho Kyuhyun! Yes, of course! I’ll do it when I check out… Oh, and don’t make me waiting too long… yes, yes,thank you.

“God, that girl is absolutely so stupido” I laughed evilly. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Have fun eating yourself, Jo Eun! Muahahahaha~

(A/N: btw. Kyuhyun’s speaking Chinese on the phone)

Yaaa, author-nim, that made me sounded smart! Hahaha~… Readers should know this anyway.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>> 

One hour later.

“Oh god!” Jo Eun came in and threw her bag on my bed… So inpolite! While I was happily eating…

“OH MY GOD! YAAA, CHO KYUHYUN!” she yelled as she hit my arm. She was so surprised to see this. “Cho Kyuhyun… I’m so going to kill you now. How could you? I was desperately finding some food and you’re just eating here without knowing anything?”

“I don’t want you to feed me, I can eat by myself” I defended. She sighed.

“At least you called me that you bought all this!” she felt tired of getting mad and sit right across me, then she took a sip of her orange juice.

“I bought you some food too” I felt a little guilt in my heart. “Why don’t you eat some? Its lunch already”

She quietly eating without even looking at me. But suddenly…

She dropped her fork.

“What are you doing in here?” she stood up. I looked to her, she was so worried. I followed to where she was looking and weirdly… there’s no one.

“What? No. What are you doing here? Don’t you see someone else in here?” she asked again.

“Jo Eun-ah” I tried to call her but she didn’t answer me.

“I can’t, he won’t believe me!” she said again. “I shouldn’t tell anyone about me!”

“Jo Eun-ah” I called her again. What is happening to her?

“Alright” she sighed. “I’ll… tell him”

She sighed then she shrugged on her chair. Worried look on her face, she glanced at me but then she looked down. “Jo Eun-ah, what happened?” I asked her.

“Kyuhyun…” she called me and tilted her head up. “I know you won’t like this, but… I’m very sorry. I… I’m not that Jo Eun you knew”

What did she just said? The one that I didn’t know?

“Jo Eun-ah, seriously, what happened?” I asked. “You’re kidding, right?”

I’m so not going to believe this. So not going to.

“I’m serious” she said. “Look, Kyuhyun. I’m not her, I’m not that girl you know”

This isn’t right. “Jo Eun, seriously. What is going on–”

“I’m not her, for god’s sake!” she got her voice higher. “Listen to me, I’m not her. She is not me”

My heart skipped a beat. Is it true? I looked to her eyes. I saw guilt in her eyes. She’s not lying to me… “Then… who are you?”

“I’m…” she sighed before she continued.

“I’m a girl from the future. I’m just a typical one… and I don’t know much about my life. All I know is my job, my best friend, and my needs. Doctor said I had a memory problem and he can’t cure it because it has gone to the worst already. I can’t remember anything, nothing, Kyuhyun”

I stared to her and she tried to continue her story.

“Then, suddenly. I was in accident. I felt death for the first time”

My eyes widened.

“I thought I was gone from my life” she said. “But I’m not. I woke up, and I found myself sitting on the toilet bowl. And I was told by this person… that I, was back to my past, which I felt like I was threw to someone else’s life. I’m not believing that my past would be like this. I didn’t know there was you and everyone else in here. But I know I’ll always back to death”

“Seriously, who are you?”

“I’m just… the other Jo Eun” she looked down. I felt this disappointment, I knew I just like her and I thought I can continue like the way we should be… but its all too late. I have fallen for her. But she’s just… somehow, the wrong person. Am I really falling for the right one?

“Kyuhyun” she called me. Her voice just the same voice I always hear from her. I look to her. She’s just the same Jo Eun I know.

“Please, don’t tell this… to anyone. Please?” she asked.

I sighed. I don’t believe this. This is the Jo Eun I knew. The girl who’s always by my side, the girl who got my back. That bright sunshine… Jo Eun… Real or not, I’ll find out. I don’t believe you’re someone else.

I hate this lie. I really did. Although she lied to me – and its for joking – I hate this lie.

Don’t make me hate you, Jo Eun. Don’t make me think you’re a liar.

“Where’s the real Jo Eun?” I asked. She raised her shoulders and says, “I… don’t know”

There was no lie on her face. She look frightened. Deep down, I feel touched seeing her like this. But I just can’t. This person is a big lie. I have to find out who she is.

“Alright, I’ll keep your secret”  I said. “With one condition”

 

I came to school with no energy. I tried not to talk much to her like I usually do. She looks regretful whenever she sees me.

I was trying to find some books, and when I took one book, I saw a big pair of eyes across me, just beside this bookshelf. I looked to her for a long time. These eyes, I knew these eyes. For a second I wonder if I could see her eyes widened as I confessed to her. Still, those feelings are hard to kick out from my head.

But she’s just unreal. Its not her.

“I’m sorry” she whispered.