Waiting Time (TaeTeuk One Shot)

Waiting Time (TaeTeuk One Shot)

 

‘Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all the memory of a beginning and all fear of end. – Madame de Staël’

 

I’m being completely serious right now, but since I’m enlisting this year, I will 100% find a girlfriend before I leave…” Leeteuk said at the filming of Strong Heart

 

If that girl waits for me for two years, I think she’s somebody that will wait for me for the rest of her life,” he continued.

 

 “If I do end up beginning a relationship before I leave and she does wait for me, I will marry that girl within 5 years…”

 

Taeyeon turned off the TV. It was already 11:45 in the evening. Leeteuk’s words were still ringing in her ear.

“Two years…” she uttered.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked who went out of her room to get some water and saw their leader in the living room, holding the remote control, “Why are you still awake? We still have an early schedule tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I know, I was about to go to my room when you came out.” She lied and Tiffany knows it when she’s lying or not, “I’m gonna sleep now. You better get back to bed too.” She said faking a smile went in her room.

“Taeyeon, why are you always keeping secrets from us? You’ll say you’re fine even though you’re not…” she said with a sigh.

 

Two days before Leeteuk’s enlistment, Taeyeon and the other eight girls went to the SM Entertainment building to practice for their soon come back. Their leader was the last one to enter the building and met Super Junior’s leader at the lobby and greeted each other.

“Taeyeon-ah, how are you?” he asked happily.

“We’re all busy preparing for the next album.” Taeyeon replied.

“I see; I actually saw them earlier.”

“It looks like you’re ready for your enlistment; you already cut your hair.” She smiled.

“Yeah…” he said touching his head with his shortest hair ever.

“By the way, I watched your goodbye stage on Inkigayo.”

“Really? It’s really embarrassing crying on cam. I think I should learn how to cry less.”

The two laughed.

“Congrats on your sixth album, it was daebak!”

Komawo.”

Taeyeon took the CD from her bag, “Can I have an autograph?” she asked giving him the CD and a pen.

Leeteuk laughed at her and took the CD and the pen from her.

“So…how’s Sora-ssi? Have you both talked about what will happened between the two of you now that you’re about to enlist?” she asked while he was signing her CD.

Taeyeon and Leeteuk had been casual friend since their break up. They were together for more than three years. It was a secret relationship. The members of both groups didn’t know not until their agency found out. So before their special promotion for Siwon’s drama series in Japan the two were forced to end their relationship. It was difficult for the both of them especially Taeyeon, up until now. She loves him so much. He was her first boyfriend, her first love.

Taeyeon also knew about his relationship with Sora after their show ended.

“She said she would wait for me until I came back…” he said giving back her CD and her pen.

“That’s great!” she faked a smile, “I gotta go now. The girls are waiting for me. Take care of yourself.” Those were the last words she was able to say while Leeteuk just watched her enter the elevator and waved good bye at her. As soon as the door closed, Taeyeon’s cheerful smile faded and looked at the CD that he signed and held it close to her heart.

“I will miss you…ani…I am already missing you…I am missing you like crazy…but you’re now with someone else…”

 

While Leeteuk is in the military, his fans, his group members and other members of the other groups of the same label would send him letters and all those pain and tiredness that he was feeling will all be gone knowing that there are many people who care for him.

Girls’ Generation had a chance to perform at the military base where Leeteuk was assigned. Among the girls, Taeyeon was the most excited about it. Though they didn’t have a chance to chat, she was just happy to see him shouting and chanting with the other soldiers with him…but she still misses him…she misses his touch, his kisses, his attention, his smile that was only meant for her but it’s all gone now that there’s another girl waiting for him…

 

After two years, Super Junior and their fans welcomed back their leader, just as how they welcomed back Kangin. There were many reporters and the group greeted them with their famous pose with Leeteuk leading them.

 

Later that afternoon, Super Junior hosted a party for Leeteuk. It was just held in one of the practice rooms inside their building. It was attended with some of the artists from different groups. Of course, a few members from the Nation’s Girl Group, Girls’ Generation, were there. Some of them were Seohyun, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona, Jessica and their leader, Taeyeon, who wouldn’t want to miss this special event.

While the other members were busy chatting, Taeyeon and Leeteuk were left on one side of the room, drinking soda.

“I was only gone for two years but it looks like I missed out many things.” Leeteuk said.

“You’re right.” Taeyeon agreed taking a sip from her cup of soda, “The maknaes, they don’t look like the maknaes anymore.”

“I never thought that Seohyun would like our evil maknae.”

“Me too, I never really heard her talked about him when we are at our dorm. As soon as the dating ban in our company was lifted, Kyuhyun immediately courted our Seohyun. Ah, I never thought they would really grow up this fast.”

“I’m just worried for Seohyun…she’s like a little sister to me…”

“Don’t worry; I’m not taking my eyes off of them.” They both smiled.

Since the dating ban was lifted, there were many artists who started dating. Some of them are Seohyun and Kyuhyun, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, Donghae and Tiffany, Siwon and Yoona and Sooyoung and Ryeowook.

“By the way how are you and Sora-ssi?” she said changing topic.

As soon as he heard her name his expression changed.

“Why? Is there something wrong?” she asked.

He smiled before he replied, “When I had my vacation, we met and…”

Taeyeon was just looking at him attentively, waiting for him to continue what he was trying to say.

“…she broke up with me…”

Taeyeon was silent at his confession.

“She fell in love with one of her co-stars from their previous drama…” he paused for a second, “I can’t blame her…two years? That’s too much…” he continued, letting out a sigh.

“I—I’m sorry about that…I shouldn’t have asked.”

“It’s alright,” he smiled, “besides, I’ve already moved on. By the way,” he said trying to change the topic, “I’ve heard that Kangin is currently courting you. So, what’s your status?”

She sadly smiled, “I…actually…rejected him…” she said.

“What?” he asked as he was surprised, “But why? I mean…Kangin’s a nice guy. You’ve known him even before and I think he’s intentions are good.”

Taeyeon smiled before answering his question, “I told him I have already someone I like and right now…I’m waiting for him…”

Leeteuk got a blank expression from what he heard and also got curious on who’s the guy he was waiting for. Before he got a chance to ask her who it is, Jessica approached them.

“Taeyeon-ah, Manager-oppa wants to talk to you, he’s at the lobby.”

“Excuse me,” She said to Leeteuk and left him still thinking about the mysterious guy.

 

After the party, Leeteuk, with the other members went back to their dorm. Leeteuk went inside his room where he was sharing it with Kangin. He sat down to his bed still thinking about the guy that Taeyeon was talking about.

Hyung?” Kangin called him, “what’s the matter?”

“Nothing, I was just thinking about something…ahm…Kangin, can I ask you something?”

“Yes, what is it?” he asked also taking a seat in his bed facing their leader.

“Do you know the guy Taeyeon was waiting for?”

Kangin looked at him seriously, “Do you really wanna know?” he asked.

“Yes, of course!”

“She’s waiting for someone from the army…” he gave a clue.

Leeteuk has gotten more curious but with the given clue there’s only one person in his mind, “It’s impossible. It’s been years since we broke up, she already forgotten about me…she already had moved on…”

“Do you think so?” Kangin said as his leader was getting more confused, “Like what Tiffany said, Taeyeon’s good at hiding her true feelings. She’s an expert on that. She would always show her cheerful side although deep inside she’s in pain.”

Leeteuk was just listening to him attentively.

“The day that she told me she couldn’t love me like I do, she told me everything – what she was feeling – that up until now, she’s in love with you and even if it would take more than two years, she will still wait for you, that she wouldn’t want to marry anyone else if it’s not you…she would want to be single forever rather than marrying a guy that she doesn’t love.”

The 32-year old man looked at him and was surprised at what his friend had just confessed.

“I know I wasn’t there when you broke up, but it’s no one’s fault – it’s the situation that forced you to end your relationship but you just can’t stop her heart from beating just because of that. She didn’t just wait for two years…hyung; I’ve never met a girl like her that is so loyal…”

“I – I need to talk to her…I need to get her back…” Leeteuk uttered.

“Then get her back…”

Leeteuk immediately went out of there room and met Kyuhyun who had just arrived.

Hyung, where are you going?” the maknae asked.

“Kyuhyun-ah, can I borrow your car?” he asked ignoring the young man’s question

“O—okay…” without hesitation, he gave his keys to their leader and he immediately went out of their dorm.

“Where is he going?” he asked Kangin who also went out of their room.

“To get his girl back…”

 

Leeteuk arrived at the girls’ apartment. He pressed the doorbell but got impatient so he knocked on the door as loud as he could, enough to make all the girls wake up.

“Taeyeon-ah! Open the door! Taeyeon-ah! Kim Taeyeon!” he shouted.

On the other hand, Taeyeon, who was about to prepare to sleep was surprised at a sudden visitor and got scared when a loud knock from the door was heard.

“Who’s there?” she asked, as the man replied, she got familiar with his voice and opened the door, “Leeteuk-oppa?!” she said, surprised, as she let him in, “What are you doing here? It’s already past midnight?”

Without any words, Leeteuk pulled him closer to him for a tight hug, “I’m sorry…” he cried, “I didn’t know…I didn’t know you’ve always been there…I didn’t know…” he said as he tighten the hug.

Taeyeon smiled as she understand what he was saying and hugged him back, “It’s alright…I’m not really expecting much from you…I just want to love you…”

“You’ve suffered so much because of me…I’m sorry…I’m really, really sorry…I should’ve fought for you back then…I shouldn’t have let you go…” he continued as his tears continues to flow. Regrets – that’s the only thing that enters his mind.

Taeyeon, who’s also shedding her tears, also hugged him tightly that they both couldn’t let go, “It’s all in the past now, Oppa…we can’t change it anymore…all we have is now…” she missed his hug, the way he breathes, his voice, his arms…she missed him…she missed him like crazy that she don’t want to let go of him. “Saranghae…jongmal saranghae…” she also missed saying those words to him.

Slowly he let go of her and looked at her in the eyes, holding each other’s arms, “Taeyeon-ah, if you’ll let me…let’s start all over again…this time, I will not let go of you anymore…I’ve been a fool once, I don’t want to be a fool again…please…” he begged.

A smile formed on Taeyeon’s face, “Yes…yes…Leeteuk-oppa, I would want to…” she said shedding more tears from her eyes.

He caressed her face and held her waist, memorized every detail of it and held her neck while his face was getting nearer hers, they both closed their eyes as their lips collided. Slowly, Taeyeon wrapped his arms around his neck and replied to every kiss Leeteuk did. It was heated with passion and love for each other. They didn’t care about anyone anymore; they just wanted to be with each others arms.

Little did they know that the girls who were woken up Leeteuk loud knock were watching from behind and was smiling at the scene, while the two just continued what they were doing.

“Taeyeon-ah, saranghae…

…nado…

 

After five years, Leeteuk fulfilled his promise to marry the girl who will wait for her after two years but it was more than he asked for. The girl she married, like what Kangin said, waited for her for more than two years. For Leeteuk, a girl like her is now hard to find, she’s one in a million and no one could ever be compared to her who loved him unconditionally. She’s the greatest blessing he could ever have…

 

 “Taeyeon-ah…

Ne?

“Thank you…thank you for loving me…and for waiting for me…”

“It was worth the wait…Oppa…

 

Of course, the public didn’t accept it at first but the two promised to stand with each other no matter and to be with each other forever as they both promised in front of God – for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do them part…

 

THE END