Your Loss

Your Loss

The sinister smirk that played on his lips didn't reassure her at all. Not with that beard, no. His cunning eyes scanned her body as if it were a treat, his lips lustfully. He narrowed his eyes into slits, and pulled out a small dagger.

"Now... I'll play nice if you play nice, sweetie..." The edge to his voice sounded threatening, and it frightened Seulmi. Her hand reached to the back of her skirt pocket, pulling out her phone silently.

He was waiting for the kill. He took small, soft steps as he advanced towards her, the grin on his goblin-like features spreading wider and wider. Just like the way her eyes widened.

"Come'ere kitty kitty... Oppa won't harm you... or should i make that ahjusshi...?" She trembled, and hastily pressed speed dial number one on her phone.

Calling... Luhannie 3

She hoped he would pick up. Her bluetooth was still in her ear, hidden from the creeper's view. She was too scared to notice that the caller system had already sounded.

"103-XXX-XXX, the number you have just dialed is currently unavailable. Please try again later. The number you have just dialed is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Her hopes of him answering didn't cease, for she never noticed the fact that he didn't answer his phone. Her body shook as the man's rough hands spluttered its way to her waist, and she shrugged them off shakily.

"Let go! Don't touch me!" She tried to snarl at him, but her fear was getting to her.

"Heh! Playing hard-to-get? GET OVER HERE." He sneered, pulling her roughly towards him. She yelped and shrieked in surprise, opening to scream. His hand cupped , preventing the sounds from coming out.

She struggled in his grip, refusing to give up. her phone fell on the ground, landing with a loud thud. The man looked down for a moment, noticing her bluetooth in her ear. Yanking it out, he flung it across the alley, and a gush of blood flowed out of her ear, now throbbing red. She grabbed at her chance, kneeing him in the shin. The guy doubled over in pain, and he looked up, eyes wild and crazy.

"Y-You're crazy!" Seulmi accused, hands covering her ripped skirt. Her long, flowy skirt was now ripped into shreds, barely covering her thighs. The man glared at her hard.

"You wanna play the hard way?" He didn't even hesitate. His hand came flying forward, stabbing the knife sharp dagger into her chest, directly above her heart. She gasped, taking in a large amount of air as she froze mid-way. Her pupils dilated as she fell backwards, limp and half alive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He couldn't comprehend what he was doing right now. His ex, Shannon, pulled him into a slow dance. Luhan shifted uncomfortably, throwing desperate 'help me!' looks to the exo members, all of which were ignored. His eyes bore into the star of the night, Kim SeulAh, Seulmi's sister, vaguely wondering why Seulmi wasn't here.

He broke free of Shannon's grasp, and strutted towards SeulAh, offering a hand to dance.

"Really now, Luhan? Dancing with your girlfriend's sister?" SeulAh chuckled as she leaned on his broad chest.

"Funny how you say it, SeulAh, cause you never disagreed!" Luhan chuckled as well, pulling her closer. Nothing felt more right for him.

Although he could feel the vibration of his phone in his pocket, he didn't pay any notice to it. What call would be more entertaining and important than Kim SeulAh? The prettiest model in the industry. Well known twin sister of Kim Seulmi!

But then, after two hours of dancing in the stuffy ballroom, he started to question his mind. Where was Seulmi?

It had been two whole hours and he didn't even notice her presence. Not that he noticed she wasn't here.

"Xiumin, where's Seulmi?"

"You, my dear boy, was too busy snuggling up to her twin sister to notice she didn't even turn up!" Xiumin yelled, frustrated.

Krisus, was everything his fault here?!

"It's not my fault she didn't turn up!"

"You're not even concerned about your own girlfriend." Xiumin sneered, before pulling out his phone.

"I've been trying to call her for an hour. Guess what? It goes 'caller unavailable' every time! She's probably in trouble." Xiumin stated.

"Trouble?" Luhan replied incredulously. "She's always in trouble. For what? Being too pretty? I highly doubt that." He said sarcastically. Xiumin narrowed his eyes.

"Tch, glad you're so concerned." Luhan's phone started to vibrate again. This time, he picked up.

"Anneonghaseyo."

"Neh?" Luhan replied, shocked at the soft voice he didn't recognise on the other line. Xiumin glared curiously.

"I'm sorry, but i shall assume you are a sir. Sir, this is Seoul Patron Hospital Main Branch. Sir,  the last number Ms Kim Seulmi called on her phone was apparently you. I'm an investigator from the main korean police force. The crime scene is still under investigation, and we hope that you can contact her family members."

"I... Sure." Luhan hung up. Crime scene? Investigation? Hospital? Last person she called? He didn't understand.

"What happened Lulu?" SeulAh called affectionately.

"My girlfriend.. Whose call i ignored, your sister, whom you also didn't realise isn't even here, got into trouble! Let's go to Seoul Patron Hospital now."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm Xi Luhan. Is there anyone looking for me?"

"Yes, that female officer over there."

"Hello Mr Xi. I'm officer Lee. Ms Kim is-"

"What did she do this time? What did my stupid girlfriend do to offend someone this time?" Luhan burst, fuming.

"I'm sorry, sir." Officer Lee narrowed her eyes, doubtful. "I'm Seulmi's highschool classmate, and i do not get why her boufriend detests her so much." Luhan calmed down, shy.

"She is in ER, Luhan. And no, she didn't cause any trouble. In fact, someone else seemed to have taken quite an interest in her."

"What?" Luhan smirked. "Who would like her?"

"Someone like you wouldn't, i suppose." Officer Lee spoke, pissed. "Anyway, i'd rather her parents come see her, seeing as you brought her ty sister."

"Shut up about SeulAh."

"You better watch what you say to me, Mr Xi. I wouldn't suppose you actually want to go in, do you?"

"I plan on doing so."

"You better don't kill her. She's barely surviving."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Tch, you think you're amazing, don't you. Kim. Seul. Mi." Luhan said, looking down at her.

"Lu-"

"Luhan..." She gasped for air, and Luhan hurriedly gave her the oxygen mask.

"I...I hate...you." She barely made it out alive, and that was what she told him.

"W-what?" Luhan replied, confused.

"My...call..you...sister...fake....lies...bastard." She muttered.

"Your loss." Luhan said, standing up. He didn't quite understand the squeezing feeling on his heart that felt like a constricting rubber band.

"No..It's yours.."Her eyes turned into crescent shaped moons, and then they fell down abruptly. Luhan's eyes widened.

"NURSE!" He pressed the red button. Eevrything else became blur. Doctors came rushing in, nurses flood the room, and he was pushed out. They laid her on a moving bed, and pushed her back into the ER.

An hour later, the doctor came out.

"Mr Xi? Your girlfriend... My condolences to you, and her family. The dagger was stuck too deep into her. It was inches away from the heart. I thought i had took it out, but something triggered her, her heart beat faster and one tiny piece of the dagger pierced into her heart. I'm sorry..."

"It... isn't my loss, Seulmi. It's yours...and ours."