The Beckoning City

An Olympian's Tale: What Truly Happened

Once Kris’s ‘mother’ had saved him from being swallowed alive by Cronus, he was taken to an island called Crete. The only other being there was a goat of sorts known as Amaltheia. Amaltheia wasn’t one to talk very much and it got lonely for the young boy to be there all alone almost all the time. At first, it didn’t matter because when Kris was first brought there he was an infant. Amaltheia raised him on her milk and hid him away in a cave in Cretan Mount Aigaion, a large and well-known mountain in Crete.

Though the mountain was large, the cave was indeed very small and unknown to most inhabitants of the world. For that reason it was the perfect place to hide the infant-god and keep harm away from him. Kris had to idea that this wasn’t the normal way to grow up nor did he know that he was a god.  He had no recollection of his ‘mother’, father or any of his ‘siblings’.

Now that many years had passed and Kris was older, he felt bored on the island. He strolled slowly through the thin forest near the cave and thought to himself. Other than that, there was nothing to do in that place. After walking for a short while, he stopped and sat at the base of a large tree.

“Ah…every day’s the same around here…” he mumbled to himself, stretching his back. Kris began to wonder where everyone else was and why he and Amaltheia were the only ones on the island. Were there other people like him living somewhere? He thought about this long and hard.

When Kris finally decided to return to the cave, the sun was already falling low in the sky. Amaltheia was already there when he returned.

“Amaltheia can I ask you something?” he said, sitting on the ground he’d known since infancy.

“Of course,” she replied. Though they didn’t speak much, Kris knew that he could always rely of Amaltheia if something was bothering him.

“Are there…other people like me?” Kris asked.

“Yes.”

“How come I’ve never seen one?”

Amaltheia sighed and came to sit down next to the boy. “When you were born, you were brought here to keep you safe. There’s a whole world of people like you and people not like you off of this island. It’s a bigger place than you could ever imagine.” She said. Kris nodded slowly, taking it all in.

“Then…why am I here and not with them? Who am I being kept safe from?” Kris asked.

“What?” Amaltheia asked, faking confusedness.

“You said I was brought here to be kept safe. Who am I hiding from?” Kris asked again.

“What are you talking about, I never said that.” Amaltheia said nonchalantly.

“But you said-“

“Goodnight.” Amaltheia said, cutting Kris off to end the conversation.  She didn’t want Kris to know about his father or the other Olympians yet. Rhea had said that when the time comes for Kris to come back and defeat his father, she would return and tell him herself. Amaltheia didn’t have any idea about when she was actually going to come though. She was beginning to have doubts that she’d actually come at all.

Kris sighed and laid down, trying futilely to sleep. What did she mean, to protect him? Why was he in hiding like this? Was there someone after him? There questions flew through Kris’s mind, refusing to be silenced. After what seemed like an eternity of tossing and turning, sleep’s relentless efforts finally took over and he fell into unconsciousness.

After another long and cold night, the sun finally began to rise. Kris, being the early-bird that he is, was once again up with the sun. Amaltheia was still deep in her slumber and Kris decided not to wake her up. He walked out to the banana tree nearby and took a banana, enjoying the crisp morning air. Amaltheia soon awoke also, greeting Kris with a smile.

Just as she was about to leave like any other day, an unfamiliar voice filled the small cavern. Kris was undoubtedly frightened, but Amaltheia seemed to say perfectly calm.  A slender woman walked in. She had long black hair and a beautiful, pale complexion. She was clothed in astounding white silk robes. In other words, she was completely gorgeous.

“Kris.” She smiled when she saw him. Was he supposed to know her from somewhere?”

“Ah, Rhea,” Amaltheia said, “Come sit.”

Rhea nodded and sat across from where Kris was. He continued to stare at her, a blank expression on his face. She seemed distantly familiar, but Kris couldn’t think of where he knew her from. As long as he could remember, there were no others like him and Amaltheia.

“Who are you?” Kris finally asked after a long period of silence.

“I’m your mother Kris,” Rhea said sternly, “Olympus needs you back.”

“My mother?” Kris mumbled, suddenly remembering. His mother had brought him there when he was just a baby. He’d often waited for her return, but as time went on he slowly forgot. “What’s Olympus?”

Rhea sighed. “You don’t remember anything do you; well you were only an infant.” She said, “Olympus is your home where your father and I live. I brought you here when something terrible happened. Your father ate all of the others to gain power, but I was able to save you and hide you here. He thinks you’re dead.”

“But what do you want me to do about it? I’m just a boy…” Kris said, astonished.

“You’re not just a boy.” Rhea stated, staring into his eyes, “You’re a god.”


Sorry, I know this chapter is probably very boring >.< But I had to set it all up for the actual story, ya know?

I hope you'll stick with me and thanks to all the subbies i've already got. You guys rock~

I hope thisstory ens up to be as well as I want it to be.

Well bye, subbies! I love you!~

Comments=Love

 

(Not doing comment replies because i'm lazy...)