Baby Don't Cry

Baby Don't Cry

A/N: If this story seems rushed, it's because my laptop freaked out on my and I could't type and then it just went BOOF and now the story that I wrote before is gone, so I'm like...re-writing it and I'm a bit annoyed at my laptop so uh yeah.... . -.

*~*~*

Eli's POV

It hurt to see him like that.  He looked like he was dying.  He stopped smiling; he stopped talking.  He started to lock himself away from the world.  And what really worried me was that he didn't seem to be telling anyone about his pain.  Then I remembered that time when Kevin had once told me I was his only friend.  Suddenly, I felt my chest tighten and tears form in my eyes every time I thought about him.  I still loved him, but I loved Kiseop too.  At the time, I only saw Kevin as a little brother.  But even if I'd realized my feelings before now, Kiseop wouldn't have let me go.

But still, I know that I was just being a coward.  I was afraid of what the public might think.  They'd seen how close Kevin and I were, and most thought that we were related.  Even though we weren't, I was afraid that people would think of us in disgust.  I was afraid of hurting Kevin.  I was afraid of others hurting Kevin.  I could protect myself, but Kevin was still only like a little kid.

Then again, I did hurt him.  I hurt him more than I could ever imagine.  I could hear him crying sometimes when I visited his house.  I wanted to see him, but I knew that he would send me away.  So slowly, I distanced myself away from him.  I let Kiseop dominate over me.  For some reason, it helped to wash away the throbbing pain in my chest.

But when Kevin jumped off that building that day, I felt my insides turn to ice.  I was on my way to Kiseop's when it happened.  I saw him sitting on the edge of a roof, swinging his legs.  I saw that he was still crying but he had the ghost of a smile on his face.  His lips moved and I knew that he said my name, but I couldn't quite catch what he was saying.

Then he jumped.

I practically screamed.  I stood there, frozen, as he fell through the air, and then I took action.  I ran as fast as I could, arms held out so I could catch him.  But, of course, I was a second too late.  He hit the ground before I reached him.  I saw his beautiful face contort in pain and I heard some sickening cracks, but I saw that he wasn't bleeding anywhere - he'd fallen on a patch of grass, although the soil had hardened, causing him to break bones.  

I knelf beside his body, picking him up gently and putting his head in my lap.  I dialed the hospital and told them that he had jumped off a building, that he wasn't bleeding and that he was still breathing.  Then I flipped my phone shut and turned back to Kevin.  He was whimpering, and I heard him say my name.

"E...li...."

I felt guilt flood over me.  Tears sprang to my eyes, blurring my vision, and I felt a few drops slide down my cheeks.  "Kevin, Kevin?  Can you hear me?" I whispered, holding the fragile boy closer.  "I love you, Kevin.  I really do.  I was being a stupid .  Please forgive me...please forgive me...."

Then my phone rang.  It was Kiseop.

"Hello?" I answered, still holding Kevin tightly.  

"Hey, where are you?" he asked, sounding concerned.

"Oh, um...something happened on the way there.  I'm sorry, I don't think I can make it there today," I said, glancing down at Kevin.  "And...Kiseop?" I asked, taking in a deep breath.  "I...we need to break up."

The other line went dead silent for a second.  I held my breath.  "I lost, huh?" he finally said.  "Well, if he makes you cry, come back to me any time.  Although I doubt that Kevin could actually make you cry...."  He added a bitter laughter at the end.  "Okay well uh...I'll see you around."

I sniffed and said, "Yeah."  Then I hung up.

I heard the distinct wailing of sirens coming closer, and I let out a sigh of relief.  I brushed the messy brown locks out of Kevin's face and kissed his forehead.  "I'm sorry, Kevin...I swear I'll be a better person from now on."

*~*~*

When he woke up, I did a little dance of joy in the hospital room.  He blinked at me, seeming confused, and then his face broke out into a smile because of my weird little jig.  He held out his arms and I hugged him.  He started to shake, though, and I pulled back to see what was wrong.  He was crying.

Smiling, I kissed him, and then sang a part of a song that I knew Kevin loved. 

"Baby don't cry

Look into my eyes

You know that I love you

Don't tell me good-bye..."

"When did I say good-bye?" Kevin asked, giggling a little.  Then he frowned.  "Wait.  What about Kiseop?"

"I dumped him," I said matter-of-factly.  I smiled at the blinking boy and added, "Because I love you way more than I love him."

He blinked again and opened his mouth, and then broke out into a smile.  "Oh."  

I leaned into him again, and he leaned forward.  We shared a sweet, chaste kiss, pouring all of our hearts into it.  

"I love you," he said, hugging me.

"I love you more," I said, hugging him back.

"I love you more-re!" he protested, pouting.

"I love you most," I whispered, claiming that lower lip.  He blushed and looked away, biting his lip.  

"I still love you more," he grumbled before the anesthetics kicked in again and he fell asleep.

I stared at the angel I called my lover, knowing that I was going to be by his side forever.

*~*~*

A/N: WOW what a weird ending ._. I'm not good with happy endings.  I just learned that myself.  Um~.... . -. Yeah so I hope you guys enjoyed this (even though it wasn't good)! Comments are very appreciated~ ^_^