awkward circumstances lead to reuniting

Finding Meaning ~ a JaySica short story~HIATUS

 

Jay rubbed the back of his head, wondering where he was. Glancing down at himself he also wondered why he only had sweats on.

It was obvious he was in a girl’s room, or should he say a girl’s dorm room, as he took notice of two twin beds on either side of the room.

One was neatly made, with the comforter’s covers tucked in cleanly at the corners. The other bed was filled with magazines, stuffed animals, and pillows scattered about.

“Alright. I gotta figure this out before anyone comes in. I don’t have a shirt. Why the heck don’t I have a shirt?” He thought to himself, as he started to pace around the room.

“Um. Well people usually don’t mind when I show off my abs, but this just ain’t right. Someone might come in hear and be screamin’ and the bad screaming for once,

And who knows what Imma get myself into?” He said, feeling panicked.

He tried to sit down at the side of the messy bed, but he just fell through it completely.

He was confused as to how he was in the middle of the bed, but unable to feel anything.

He slowly stood up and climbed through the bed as if he were nothing but air. When he tried to pick up one of the pillows his hands just went completely through it.

“Oh what the hell?” He said aloud, his eyes widening. 
His thoughts were broken by a high pitched scream of surprise. Glancing over at the door, he saw a familiar face, who looked stunned to see him as well.

“Jay? Wh-what are you doing here?” She asked him, completely surprised at his appearance.

He looked a lot paler than usual, not to mention he wasn’t wearing a shirt.

“Jessica? Uh hey.” He said unsure of what else to say at that moment.

Tiffany, SooYoung, and Sunny came rushing into the room after hearing her scream.

“Sica what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked her. Sunny walked over to Jessica’s left, while Sunny stayed to the right of Tiffany.

“We heard you say Jay’s name. You’re not still hung up about… mmph.” Sunny started to say, until Jessica quickly clamped a hand over .

Jay raised his eyebrows at this, while she just laughed it off nervously.

“He’s here. Don’t you see him?” Jessica asked the other three. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Sunny glanced in front of them, to where she was pointing, but saw only the bedroom wall.

They glanced back at Jessica worriedly. “Maybe you need some rest Jess.” Tiffany told her gently.

The other two girls nodded in agreement.

“I think Fany unni’s right. When Sunny unni started talking about him, you acted like he really was here.” SooYoung added.

Jessica sighed, and glanced at Jay who just shrugged.

“You really don’t see him?” She asked the girls again. They shook their heads.

Jay started to wave his arms in front of him at the other three girls, and even started doing “Run Devil Run”

“But he’s right there! And doing one of our dances!” Jessica protested.

“I think this needs more help than just a nap. Maybe we should go see someone Sica.” Sunny advised.
Yoona walked into the room as well, hearing all the commotion.

“What’s going on?” She asked the girls.

“Jessica keeps insisting that Jay is here in this room.” Tiffany said with a sigh.

Yoona looked doubtful at this, but said dryly. “Is he wearing a shirt?” She asked.

SooYoung and Tiffany smacked her on the shoulder for this.

“I’m just saying.” She said.

“Aigoo. No one would’ve ever guessed “The Face of SNSD’s Yoona was a secret ert.” Sunny said.

“That’s Taeyeon unni not me.” Yoona replied.

Jessica just looked at Jay who stood on the other side of the room, looking confused as well.

“Unnies! Yonghwa oppa bought me a field of sweet potatoes for my birthday gift!” Seohyun said happily as she burst into the bedroom.

The other five of them smiled, despite the situation they were trying to figure out.

Seohyun noticed this. “Did something happen?” She asked.

“Jessica was just saying how..” Tiffany started to say, but Jessica interrupted her.

She smiled sheepishly. “Eh, it doesn’t matter dongseng. Why don’t we all go out for a little bit for some fresh air?” She suggested.

The other four were surprised at this, but nodded. And they started to leave the room.

“I’ll be back.” Jessica mouthed to Jay who looked helpless just standing there still.

After she closed the door behind her, Jay sat down on the carpet, running a hand through his hair in agitation.

“How come she’s the only one who can see me?” He wondered.

 

_________________________________________

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.