Baekhyun

EXO Kisses ϵ( 'Θ' )϶

BE MY BABY: Baekhyun

 

The whole set up was familiar-Walking along with Baekhyun, feeling awkward and trying to make strained conversation. It was after the casual conversation had dried up, and it was the hanging time between doing something and going home. The time when we both knew we should do something before we let another opportunity pass us by. You could feel the 'almost' in the air. I walked along in silence, next to him, trying to think of something to say. I couldn't. Looking up, I caught sight of our reflection in a shop window. 'Oh, we do look quite good together,' I mused. Shame old wimp over here wasn't going to do anything about it.

 

I knew he liked me; he knew I liked him. Logical next step is to make a move, right? Not according to bacon boy. His next step was to sit like a wimp and do nothing. Annoying! I had thought that maybe I should just do it, but hey-I'm old fashioned and I'd rather be chased. We stopped walking and stopped at the entrance to a park. "Wanna go in the park?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Sure, why not?" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic. He dropped down onto the pathway and went to sit on a bench. I followed. The weather wasn't the best and it was getting late, so the park was basically empty. I sighed. I really didn't want to sit awkwardly for however long. What I wanted, was for him to grow some and just ask me. I stared at the grass blankly and forced myself not to sigh. We had done this four times now, and every time he'd got almost to the point of asking me, then chickened out. I was beginning to lose hope altogether.

 

We made pointless conversation for a while, before walking to the other side of the park, to the exit nearest to my house. Baekhyun hugged me briefly. "I guess I'll see you soon then," he said, less than warmly, turning to leave. That's when I snapped.

 

"For goodness sake Baek! Are we seriously doing this again?" I exclaimed. He turned, looking confused. "I'm tired of these stupid games. We can't go on doing this," I huffed.

"Doing what?" he asked. I widened my eyes.

"This! This whole thing of just-I don't know-pretending we don't know how we both feel. There's no point anymore! I've been waiting for you to..." I trailed off, fearing that my outbust was falling on deaf ears. He was staring at me, shocked. I waited for an answer...and waited. Nothing. I sighed. "This is just it! You're doing it again," I said. I did want to sound like a whiny cow but I wasn't sure I could handle it much longer. He blinked. "Well...couldn't you have just asked me?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I suppose I could have, but perhaps I'd like it for you to be the gentleman?" I replied. He looked at the floor, seeming slightly hurt. I sighed and sofened my expression.

 

"How much longer are you going to make me wait, Baekhyun?" I asked softly. He looked up. "Cause I don't want to wait anymore." I pleaded, my eyes full of desperation. He sighed. "I'm sorry," he said. I frowned.

"You're sorry?" I repeated, not understanding him. He stepped towards me and hugged me. I wasn't expecting it, and my heart lurched. "I'm sorry for making you wait," he said, not moving from the hug. I sighed. "You don't have to anymore," he murmured, pulling up so our eyes met. Silently, he inched his face closer to mine, and I felt my heart knocking in my chest so loudly it was all I could hear. I let my eyes flutter shut as I anticipated what I knew was coming. Our lips met. This was the moment I had been waiting for for so long, I couldn't even think. My mind went blank and all I could think of was that it was finally happening, and how nice I was. After what felt like an eternity and no time at all, he pulled away, grinning shyly. I smiled and looked at him expectantly.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked. I grinned.

"Of course I will."