Selca

Selca

 

        “The possibilities are endless! You could pout, make a peace sign, tilt your head to the side.” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes as he watched his hyung pout cutely at the camera he held in front of him. He wasn’t sure why Yesung had invested his time in teaching him the “correct” way to take a selca. He sighed and shrugged. Eunhyuk guessed it was better than the last time Yesung had made him spend some “quality time” with him. The damn turtle had bit him.

        Eunhyuk rolled his eyes for the second time when Yesung had turned his pout on him. “Come on Eunhyuk! I’m doing this so you’ll look handsome in the photos you take. Then, our fans will say you’re the second most handsome member of Super Junior!”

        “Second? Why second?” Eunhyuk said, raising his eyebrow. Yesung gave a bright smile back and pointed to himself.

        “Obviously because I’m the first!” Eunhyuk snorted, wondering if Yesung had been spending too much time on his fan sites.

        Yesung ignored Eunhyuk and turned back to the camera. “If you tilt your head forward slightly, your eyes will look bigger.” Yesung clicked the button on the camera and then turned to show Eunhyuk the picture. “Cute right?”

        “Your giant head is filling up the whole screen,” Eunhyuk grumbled, refusing to admit that it was a good picture of Yesung. The lighting and angle were perfect, showing his clear, milky complexion, and his eyes were big and dark.

        “Your turn!” Yesung said, shoving the camera in Eunhyuk’s face. His index finger hovered over the button, ready to snap the photo. However, when Eunhyuk only looked moodily into the camera, Yesung peeked around the camera and narrowed his eyes at him.

        “Eunhyuk,” Yesung whined, looking dejected. He lowered the camera and pouted again. “This isn’t fun.”

        “I don’t want to learn the ‘right’ way to take a selca Yesung,” Eunhyuk said, feeling tired and slightly annoyed. He pulled out his phone and saw he had a new text message. Seeing it was from Donghae, Eunhyuk began to reply when he felt a looming presence. He looked up to see Yesung sitting over him, looking at the phone in his hand. Eunhyuk was about to ignore Yesung and go back to finishing his text message, when he noticed the Yesung’s bottom lip began to tremble.

        “Hey, what’s wrong? Are you that upset I won’t take a picture with you?” Eunhyuk asked, suddenly feeling bad he had been mean to his hyung. Yesung moved away from Eunhyuk and sat at the opposite end of the couch. He curled into a ball, wrapping his arms around his legs.

        “Nobody loves me in Super Junior,” Yesung said, his eyes beginning to water. “Leeteuk is always busy with everyone else, Kyuhyun only pays attention to me to pick on me, and you’re always with Donghae. Only Ryeowookie will hang out with me and he’s usually too busy cooking for everyone else to hang out with me.”

        Eunhyuk threw his phone to the side, alarmed. “That’s not true!”

        “My only friends are my turtles, and even they ignore me and just talk to each other!”

        “Hyung, turtles don’t talk,” Eunhyuk said, panicking at Yesung’s strange words.

        “I’m not even liked by our fans!” Yesung went on, ignoring Eunhyuk’s turtle comment. He was full out crying now and his words were being broken up by sobs. “They call me weird, a-and they s-say I talk too much on variety s-shows. No one loves m-”

        Eunhyuk pulled Yesung into a tight hug, cutting his words off. “That’s not true hyung. All our members love you. We just don’t always want to clean Ddangkoma’s cage or collect bugs with you. That doesn’t me we don’t care about you though.”

        Yesung sniffed. “K-Kyuhyun snapped at me the other day. He said I was annoying.”

        “You were trying to touch his philtrum when he was playing Starcraft 2. You’re lucky he didn’t rip your head off when you made him lose.”

        Yesung was quiet for a moment, thinking over Eunhyuk’s words. “I have no fans,” he mumbled finally. Eunhyuk pushed Yesung away from him and looked him in the face.

        “Do I have to buy you some real glasses instead of those fake ones you get from YesStyle? You’re obviously having trouble reading the comments. Fans love how weird you are, and they wish you had your own variety show. In fact, one of our fans approached me the other day, and asked to see you. Can you believe that? They didn’t want to see the brilliant, handsome dance machine.”

        Eunhyuk smiled when he heard a weak chuckle from Yesung. Eunhyuk reached out to wipe his hyung’s tear streaked face. “If one of your tips includes red eyes and snot coming out of your nose, I’m not sure how you gained the title ‘Selca King’,” Eunhyuk said affectionately.

        Yesung sniffed again and hugged Eunhyuk again. “Thank you Hyukkie. I love you.”

        Eunhyuk shot him a smile in return and reached for the camera Yesung had dropped earlier. He turned it back on and pointed it at the two of them. Remembering Yesung’s earlier advice, he tilted his head forward slightly and smiled. “Like this right?” Yesung nodded, looking into the camera frowning.

        “Hey! Smile!” Eunhyuk said, seeing in the lenses’ reflection that Yesung still had a sad expression on his face again.

        “But my eyes look all red and puffy. The selca will turn out bad.” Yesung replied in a worried tone.

        For a third time, Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “Don’t be stupid, every picture that I’m in is a work of art,” Eunhyuk stated. Yesung gave a bright smile in response, any trace of his previous worry gone.

        “My tips are the reason you appear to be so good looking!” Yesung said, smiling even bigger.

        “Of course hyung. I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Eunhyuk said, his smile now showing his gums. “I’ll make sure that I include you my thank you letter in the next album.”

        By now both boys were laughing on the couch, but somehow, Eunhyuk managed to hold the camera steady and snap a picture. After looking at it, he proudly showed Yesung the picture of the two of them.

        "It's perfect." Eunhyuk declared.