First and final

I just could not tear my eyes from...

 

                I just could not tear my eyes from that dress. It was not just a dress but a wedding dress. I stood in front of the shop and looked at it. It was really beautiful. The first thing that appeared in my mind was my loving boyfriend, Dong Youngbae. I imagined myself in that dress, walking down the altar as Youngbae stood there happily in his tuxedo. I felt my cheeks burned. Just by thinking of it I’m already blushing. I’m probably red as a tomato by now. My imagination was interrupt by someone who covered my eyes with their hands from behind. I flinched a little due to my sudden shock.

            “Let’s play a game of guess who” Someone said and I instantly knew who it was.

            “Youngbae, I know it’s you.” I smirked.

            “Hahaha. Correct” he slowly removed his hands and spun me around to face him.

            “Well, you’re here early. Usually you’re late by 10 minutes or the worst 20 minutes.” I said.

            “Yeah. It’s my day off today. My boss told me to take come rest.” Youngbae explained.

            I smiled at him. Youngbae is a vocal teacher and a song writer at YG Entertainment Company. I’m also a song writer but for a different company. I work for Woollim Entertainment Company. We first met six years ago when we were informed to write a song together for a duet. We then became friends and soon grew feelings towards each other. Although it has been six years, we seldom go on dates.

            “Anyway, what are you doing in front of Strawberry Fields Bridal Shop? Were you looking at the dresses?” he asked me curiously.

            I nodded.

            “Oh, I see. Let me guess. You were looking at that dress right?” He pointed at a dress that was really short and it would expose so much of my skin if I wore it.

            I glared at him. If looks could kill, he would be dead by now. I shook my head and he pointed at another dress. This time, it was not really exposing much but a simple and elegant dress. Short bishop sleeves and laced turtleneck. It was pretty but not my type.

            “No, Youngbae. I was looking at that one” I pointed at the dress that I had my eyes on earlier as I approached the dress to show him.

            “Ah. I see. This is pretty” he said observing the dress from top to bottom.

            “I know. It is really beautiful. The star patterned on the material and the honinton lace at the bottom of the dress fits perfectly.  The lace around the turtle neck. The long bishop sleeves. The two meter bridal. Everything about this dress is just perfect, Youngbae.” I said to him.

            “It sure is. I bet you would look pretty in this dress” he said causing me to blush.

            I avoided his eye contact so he would not see my blushing face but unfortunately he noticed it.

            “Oh my. You’re blushing. You’re so cute when you’re blushing Taehui. That’s the reason why I like you.” He said as he gave me a bear hug.

            “You’re making me blush even harder, Youngbae” I said softly but loud enough for him to hear.

            “I know. I like seeing you blush” he chuckled and broke the hug.

            Youngbae had always been this way. Making me blush is one of his specialty. It sounds a bit amusing, right? Hahaha. But he is really fun to hang out with. He may look like a player but he is totally the opposite. He once confessed hat I’m actually his first girlfriend and hopes that I would be his last. Shocking, right? I’m also the same. He is my first and last boyfriend.

            “Hey, Aidan?” he called out my name.

            “Yes, Youngbae. What is it?” I said turning my attention to him who was still observing the dress.

            “I was wondering. What kind of wedding to you want?” he asked. I arched my left eyebrow up. Why was he asking that question?

            “Well, just a simple one. Just you, me, your friends, my friends, your family, and my family. That’s all.” I said and smiled.

            “Ah. I see” he nodded at my answer.

            “Why do you ask?” I asked him because I’m really curious to know why.

            “Nothing. Just curious. That’s all. Anyway, are you hungry? I know I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.” He said rubbing his stomach.

            “Ah. Yes. Let’s go” I said sounding a little sad to leave the dress.

            Youngbae interlock his finger with mine and we both walked away from the shop. As we walked, I could not stop stealing glances at that beautiful dress. I really want it but I guess it is not the right time yet to wear because Youngbae has not proposed to me.

            “Aidan, you can stop stealing glances at the dress or else I won’t let you wear it on our wedding day” Youngbae said.

            “No, I was not stealing glances.” I lied. I was to embarrassed to admit.

            “Yes you were” he protest.

            “No” I lied again.

            “Yes” he continued to protest.

            “No”

            “Yes”

            “Ok. Ok. Fine. I’m sorry. I was just too over-whelmed by the beauty of it” I told the truth.

            Youngbae smirked. We went to nearby restaurant to have our lunch. It was not a fancy restaurant nor was it a low class one. It was just a simple and moderate looking restaurant. After that, we stopped by at the mall and watched a movie. Weirdly, while we were watching the movie ‘Madagascar 3’, Youngbae excused himself to the toilet but it did not seem like he went to the toilet but somewhere else because he was out for almost 20 minutes. When he came back, he acted like he was out for only five minutes. I asked him where he went and why was he late. He answered that he was at the toilet and the toilet was packed. I only nodded and continued to watch the movie.

            Around 7:45 p.m., I decided to go home. Youngbae wanted to accompany me back home but I told him not to because I did not want to burden him. But he was so stubborn. I gave up and let him accompany me back home to my apartment by bus.

            “Thanks Youngbae” I said to him once we reached my apartment’s doorstep.

            “For what?” he played dumb.

            “You know. For today. Gah! You’re so cruel!” I punched his arm lightly and looked away because I was blushing really hard.

            “What did I do?” He asked and laughed.

            “You’re always making me blush” I pouted.

            Youngbae only laughed.

            “But thanks, Youngbae. I had fun today” I smiled at him.

            “And so did I” he grinned.

            Suddenly, the atmosphere became awkwardly silent for a few minutes until Youngbae broke it off.

            “Hey, AIdan...” he called my name.

            I looked at him. Suddenly, he took a step closer to me. He slowly leaned in. our lips were just millimeters apart. In a blink of an eye, his lips landed on mind. I gladly kissed him back as I wrapped my arms around his neck. A few minutes later, I broke the kiss. I removed my arms from his neck and looked at him. His face did not show any emotion.

            “That will be my last kiss to you as a boyfriend” he said coldly.

            I became speechless when he said that. Is he serious? Did he really say that? Why now after six years? Six years. I felt like I chocked on my own saliva. My mind was blank. He has got to be kidding me. My heart felt like it had been sunk down to deepest part of the ocean. Tears were threatening to fall but I held it back.

            “I don’t think you should keep being my girlfriend anymore” he added.

            “Oh. Is it ok if I know why?” I asked, looking down the floor to avoid his eye contact.

            “That’s because...” he took hold of my hand and did something that I did not expect that it would happen today. He knelt to the ground on one knee and pulled out a ring from his back pocket.

            “Youngbae...” I looked at him with tears streaming down my cheeks.

            “I think it’s about time that you should not refer to me as your boyfriend but as a husband. I want to stay by your side for the rest of my life where you can say to people that I’m your husband not a boyfriend.” he confessed.

            I was so shocked. Tears could not stop coming out. I could not explain how I feel. Is this a dream? I just couldn’t believe my eyes. Youngbae closed his eyes and

            “Aidan Kim, Will you marry me?” he asked in a shaky voice as he gazed at me.

            Those words. Those words that I never thought I would actually hear them today. I used my free hand to wipe my tears away and looked at Youngbae. His gaze was kept fixed to me. I flashed a smile and said yes. Youngbae’s face brighten up when he heard my answer and he inserted the ring to my finger.

            “If fits perfectly” he said.

            “Yeah. How did you know it was my size? When did you get it?” I asked at him as I observed the ring.

            “I just got it today” he said.

            “Eh? When?” I looked at him with a surprised face.

            “Well, remember when we were watching movie and I excused myself to the toilet? Actually that movie I’ve watched it more than three times with Daesung. So, I took the chance to excuse myself to got to the toilet which I didn’t go but instead I went to a jewelry shop to get the ring. When I chose the perfect design, I got stuck when they asked for the size. So, a worker there said to try it on my baby finger. They said if it fits on the guy’s baby finger, then it would fit perfectly on the girl’s ring finger. The ring fitted so I took it” he explained.

            “oh, I see” I hugged him. “Thank you, Youngbae”

            “Welcome. Oh she also said that. If the ring is perfectly fitted, then the couple is a match made from heaven” he added. I smiled and so did he.

            “I think I should say this more often to you from now own, Youngbae” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

            “Oh yeah? What is it?”

            “I love you, Dong Youngbae” with that I kissed his lips. He smiled between the kiss.