1

人知れず ひめ: Hidden

[ Italics = Flashback ]

 

Twirling the pen between my fingers, I sighed heavily, and dropped my head onto the desk. The sun suddenly became so irritating; why was it so bright outside?! I groaned. The most stupid and simplest things has been bothering me since this morning. The lecture, the teacher's voice, the heat, the amount of work I have to do tonight, the chirping birds, and that squashed bug on the window beside me. 

"Yah, he's got it all wrong," he whispers from behind, poking me with his pencil. "I was there when that happened, whoever wrote that history book is stupid."

I don't even know what he's talking about.

"RiIn, are you listening?" 

"I heard you, Junsu," I mumbled against my arm. I frowned when I realized that the voice didn't belong to him.

My head lifted slowly and met the lecturer's eyes, his glasses tilted down as if to get a better view of my face. 

"Sorry."

"Please pay attention, this will be in the exam," he stated clearly before turning his attention back to the class. "Now, in the early 1500's..."

"Geez, third time today," he snickered from behind. "Meet me after class, I'll give you something."

 

 

"What's this?" I stared at the white box he placed onto my palm.

"After-effect medication. Kangta told me to give it to you; you take it after I have my dinner."

I scoffed, "Where was this last night?"

He scratched his non-itchy head shamefully, "I forgot. It's partially your fault, your scent is too alluring, you made me drunk before I could have given it to you properly."

He talks as if I'm a drug he's addicted to. Moreover, I can't believe he's putting the blame on me when it was clearly his responsibility to give it to me earlier.

"What's it supposed to do?" I waved off his blame and gazed at the tiny calligraphy at the center of the box.

"Suppress dizziness and exhaustion from loss of blood and restores it. It's also supposed to stop mood swings, you've been irritated since this morning, I could tell," he chuckles. "And don't worry, the blood restoration doesn't get rid of my scent within you."

I rolled my eyes, "You really like to brag a lot about yourself."

He smirks and leans into me until his lips were right beside my ear, "No, I just enjoy the fact that I'm the only one inside of you."

"Gross," I pushed his face away and scrunched my face in disgust. "Please shut up. You make it sound so disgusting."

"Eu kyang kyang! Too cute," he smiles and grabs my hand. "Just make sure you won't forget to drink it. I'll see you after school."

"Skipping?"

"No, just going to stroll until the end of the day. See you then," he waves and swiftly jumps over the walls surrounding the academy.

"That's called skipping, idiot," I mumbled and shook my head.

I looked towards the sky and watched the clouds drift pass me, occasionally forming a shadow over my head. It wasn't long before they darkened and gave the sign of heavy rain, suddenly reminding me of how Junsu and I met.


"Yah, pabo! Do you want to get killed?"

I stood emotionless and stared at the white strips from the crosswalk in front of me. It was raining pretty hard.

"Hey! Are you deaf or something? Where are your parents?"

They were murdered.

"This is impossible. I can't do anything without you speaking up. Are you a mute?" He sighed heavily and continued to sit beside me on the crosswalk, rain soaking us up. "It's dangerous to just sit out here. A truck might be coming."

Then let it run me over.

"You look stupid."

I managed to turn my head towards his direction, face grimacing at his insult.

"Ah, so you can hear," he laughs mockingly. "Say, what are you doing in the middle of the street at this godly hour? Lost?"

He was a bit a older than me, I could tell from his facial features and his height. The wetness of his hair was blocking his eyes, making me impossible to see them.

"Leave me alone," I mumbled and turned away. 

"Hah? What a rude woman," he scoffed. "Homeless, by any chance?"

Why couldn't he just leave me alone? How persistent was this idiot? Couldn't he see I wasn't happy with his presence?


"RiIn!" I snapped out from my trance and turned towards the voice that was calling me. "Geez~ What are you doing? The interval passed, you're late for class!" Kyuhyun panted as he approached me.

"Eh?!" I gasped and glanced at the school clock tower. "Ah! I'm sorry, I didn't hear the bell! Mr. Kang sent you out to get me again, sorry!"


"Tsk," he clicked his tongue. "Well I was told my lady was going to be stubborn this time. Come on, let's get you some shelter and dry clothes. Staying out in this rain in the middle of streets won't do you any good, since I've found you, I'll have to take care of you. Don't be scared, I'm a pretty decent person. Take my hand, my lady."