6

Whenever you play that song

 

So Jieun kept going back to the old abandoned shop. It was still looking old and abandoned. All the while, she kept giving her parents excuse that she's always at the library after school. They believed her and didn't question her any further. 

Days went by and she was already improving. Baekhyun's theory did prove its worth. It was stuck to her head even until now. When she would feel that her hands were about to get stiff she would repeat the word lily pad over and over again until it would soften again.

Surprisingly enough, she became attached to the piano. Even checking books on the library and purchasing from bookstores to improve her knowledge about it. Baekhyun would praise her all the time for her improvement and new found knowledge. Sometimes, their sessions would be replaced with storytelling.

'Hey', Jieun called out to Baekhyun as she stood in the doors of the shop.

He looked up from the box he was rummaging. 'Hey', he replied. 'Just go on. I'm finding something'

'Actually. I came to tell you I can't practice today'

Baekhyun stopped looking for something inside the box and stood up. 'Why?'

'My sister’s coming home today. I need to be at home right now. I just came here to inform you'

Baekhyun nodded his head slowly and smiled. 'Arasso. Then go home now. Session resumes tomorrow'

Jieun smiled and bowed her head. 'See you tomorrow then'

Baekhyun waved back and sighed. He looked at the box once again and toppled it over, annoyed of rummaging inside but not finding it. When he did, the paper fell out. It was the song he abandoned. The one he played when he first had his encounter with Jieun.