The Bet

(It's Just a Bet) Will you be my Girlfriend? [oneshot]
 
the bet...
 

I noticed JooYeon clenched her fists after she breathed deeply. She shouldn’t be angry. This was her idea anyway.

 

“And the lucky girl is…” Baro paused as if he’s waiting for the drum roll. “Jang Hye Seul.”

 

“Mwo?” JooYeon yelled as she stood up. Well, I don’t know that Hye Seul. I have so many stalkers that I don’t know either of them.

 

“That girl is my classmate! She’s very ugly, nerd, idiot, uhmm….” She paused,” You’re not going to like her.”

 

“I like neither of them. Remember, it’s just a bet.” I grinned. Did she just say nerd? Looks like we’re going to win the bet.

 

“I find her cute.”

 

“SoYeon!” JooYeon frowned in frustration. “Alright JinYoung, I’m for yes. She’s going to answer you. But oppa, don’t take this seriously, arrasseo?”

 

I laughed. “ Of course, I won’t! I don’t care about those low class students.”

 

“She’s not going to answer you, hyung.” GongChan took out and place some crumpled Won bills on the table.

 

“No too.” Sandeul placed an envelope n the table. CNU followed. That’s right. Just say no.

 

“It’s not too late to change your minds.” Baro smirked and tossed his wallet on the table. “JinYoungie hyung, go for it. Don’t let me down. I’m using my wallet to make a bet.”

 

“I’m for yes, too,” SoYeon carefully placed her bet.

 

                                                                       

Omonah! JinYoung is here in the bus but the only choice is to seat beside him or else I’ll stand up. I kept looking at the ground while walking toward the seat. My heart is pounding. Omo. Omo. Omo. I want to go outside the bus. I wanna go down…. The bust stopped! I stood up quickly as I could.  Somebody― JinYoung― stopped me.

 

“This isn’t your stop.” He winked and pulled me back from my seat. Omo!!! This is the best day ever!!!

 

“Hye Seul.” He knows me?

 

“Hye Seul!”

 

“Hye Seul!”

 

What’s that? Did something explode?

 

“Hye Seul!” I quickly opened my eyes.

 

“Ms. Jang, still dreaming again?” Ms. Choi angrily frowned at me.

 

“Mianhae, Sseongsaenim.” I bowed.

 

“Loser!” It’s JooYeon again.

 

“Yah! Ms.Kim, let’s talk after the class. You’re grades are very low. If your uncle is not the principal, I would kick you out of this school.”

 

That’s for her! The bell rang! Assa!

 

“Did you see JooYeon’s face when…” My bestfriend HeeSook stopped talking as if she saw a ghost. I looked at the direction she was looking at. It’s JinYoung!

 

“Omo, Eotteokhae? JinYoung is waiting outside. You know what happened last day on the bus.” My feet are ready to run.

 

“Yah! Seullie. She’s waiting for the queenka.” My face and body weakened when she said that. I forgot. He’s waiting for JooYeon.

 

“Come on, Hee Sook.”I walked without staring at JinYoung.

 

“Hye Seul? Annyeong?” Aish! Why don’t I stop dreaming about JinYoung? I’m hopeless anyway.

 

“Hye Seul-ah!”

 

“Ne? Hee Sook?”

 

“It’s JinYoung-ssi!” She whispered. I tilted my head upward. It’s him!

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” He smiled to me! Kya!!! Now, this isn’t a dream. “You’re Jang Hye Seul, right?”

 

“N-ne.” I stuttered as I nod.

 

“Won’t you mind joining me at lunch? My friends are busy. I’ll treat you.” He winked.

 

“U-uhmm, I-I’ll a-ask H-heeSsssook f-first.” I tried to smile and turned around. Heat rushed to my face as beads of sweats came down. Where’s HeeSook?

 

“I think your friend is gone. Let’s go.” He held my hand! Kyaaaaaaaa!!! This is the best day ever. The bestest bestest day! Come on, there’s no such word like that.

 

                                                                       

After a week, JinYoung and I became friends. Yes! No Kim JooYeon between us. And today, he asked me out. But I felt weird about it. He used to ignore me and y love letters. He didn’t even remember me when we were in the bus.

 

                                                                       

 “Today’s the day. GongChan, Sandeul, CNU get ready to cry.” I laughed on the phone. “Ready the cameras. She’s going to answer me.”

 

“Aniyo, JinYoung hyung!" GongChan said. They’re wrong.

 

“JinYoung-ssi!”

 

“She’s here already. See you later.” I hang up the phone and walked towards her. She’s like imitating those K-styles but still a nerd.

 

 

 

Nevermind. What important today is we will win the bet.

 

                                                                       

We talked and ride those vertiginous rides. It’s time. We sat on the fountain while she’s eating. I can’t believe I survived with this idiot for a week.

 

“I’m now going to ask her.” I whispered on the microphone.

 

“Go for it hyung.” Baro replied.

 

“Yah! JinYoung! Don’t be serious!” It was JooYeon.

 

“Ne, ne.”

 

                                                                       

“So, Seullie…” He called me Seullie? He knew my nickname. Omo…. This is like a dream come true.

 

“Ne?” I smiled. I can’t help smiling.

 

“If someone asks you to be his girlfriend, are you going to answer him? Kyaaa!!! He asked me that?

 

“N-neh.” I giggled.

 

“Seullie, nun gamayo.” Omo… He wants me to close my eyes? Is he in love with me now?

 

“Jang Hye Seul…”

 

                                                                       

Meanwhile, at B1A4’S dorm…

 

JooYeon was about to break her pen while watching the two lover on the screen. She was biting her lower lip very hard. “Flirt,” she rolled her eyes. I should be happy. This is my idea anyway. Now, I have reasons to hurt that girl.

 

Hyung! She’s not going to answer you!” Sandeul yelled like a kid at the wireless microphone.

 

“I’m like watching a love story LIVE!!!” SoYeon squealed.

 

“SoYeon!” JooYeon glared at her. Answer him now. Answer him now. She clenched her fists very hard.

 

“Neh…”

 

Her force was very strong that she broke the pen.

 

“Yes!!!” Baro and SoYeon yelled. Hye Seul answered JinYoung. She really answered him? What a fool!

 

“We lose?” GongChan threw the book he was reading.

 

“Gwenchanayo. There’s still a next bet.” CNU smirked. “ If Jang Hye Seul will be crazy if JinYoung broke up with her.”

 

“Yah!!! Jung JinYoung! Whatever you do, don’t kiss her!” JooYeon yelled at the mic.

 

“Arasseo, arasseo. You can now make fun of her.

 

 
                                                                                                                                                                                        eg *  
 
 author's note 
 

tumblr_lkqypfp4j51qi6qow.gif Updated [Aug. 1, 2013] Within this month, the sequel will be posted! Bonne chance! I hope you'll like it tumblr_lkqypfp4j51qi6qow.gif