Good Luck Hair Follicles, Good Luck Colors

Misunderstood

He didn't know what to do.

 

For the first time in his leader life, the Great Kim Sungkyu didn't know what to do.

 

He was pacing across the room and ended up sitting on the floor as he leaned his head on the side of the bed, gripping his hair as if trying to pull out ideas from his brain.

 

Earlier that day, Sungkyu was in the Woolim Ent. building. He was practising with the other members like no tomorrow and as the leader, he made sure that every move is made at the right points at the right times. They're INFINITE after all -- known for their dancing prowess with superb synchronization and unique and powerful choreography.

 

And they've been walking the talk for 9 years now.

 

Practising for 8 hours that only had 5 minute breaks twice per session-- Sungkyu was close to getting mad. He had been frustrated with himself as he was not able to make the same dance move eversince they started practising the routine.

And just like his former state, Sungkyu's mad and frustrated with himself for the nth time of the day.

 

The moment he went home after practice, he was greeted by an unfamiliar silence and darkness. Thus, making him worry.

The usual weekday nights of him getting home was always met by a television left on in the living room while the sound of a sizzling cooking session can be heard from the kitchen. And to top it all, a sweet "Welcome home, dinner is almost ready," would always come out from a pair of sweet pink lips that always graced him with strawberry flavoured kisses.

 

But tonight, there was none of those.

 

He began to search the humble pad-- searched for signs of a living person that's meant to be inside the house. Much to his dislike, he only found a note on the living room coffee table.

 

Went out and will be back late. Don't even think about calling me. I suppose you know why.

 

Cold sweat trickled down the famous hamster's spine as he inhaled deep to calm his throbbing mind and pounding heart.

 

He had to think. What did he do?

 

And then it clicked.

 

Crap.

 

He remembered raising his voice while talking to someone over the phone. But it wasn't for the person who was on the other line. It was for the greaseball and the choding who were bickering over a half-full bottle of Pocari Sweat. Aish, why did he do that? Of all things...

And now he's completely weirded out. After all the years, he'd known the other person all too well --- never fazed in any of his mood swings nor his "leader mode" moments. His other half was always understanding and not to mention, fearless. 

And so he ended up on the bedroom floor, thinking of ways how to make it up for the other while sacrificing his hair follicles in the process. 

 

The train of ideas running accross his head was abruptly stopped by his ringing phone. Be Mine's soundwaves bouncing on the confines of the four-walled room.

 

Sungkyu quickly answered without even looking at the caller ID, thinking that it's a call from the one he's expecting.

 

Much to his disappointment, it was Dongwoo.

 

But gone was the cheerful Dino and was replaced by an urgent sounding Dino.

"Hyung, noona came just now," the other man also worriedly stated.

 

Sungkyu's ears perked up at the information and was about to ask Dongwoo if the other was still there, but the younger had managed to beat him to it, as if reading his thoughts.

 

"She's still here. But you need to hurry your back here. Jong's taking care of her, she fainted--"

 

Sungkyu did not wait for Dongwoo to finish and dashed out of the house. He quickly fished out his keys from his front pocket and hurriedly went inside the car. He hastily started the engine as he had a tight grip on the steering wheel. He was starting to panic. What coul've have happened for her to faint?

 

And so he drove off, fast.

 

Sungkyu tried to calm himself as he parked the car in their company building's basement. He can't afford to have more damages right now. And as soon as he finished parking, Sungkyu hurriedly alighted and strutted his way to their dance practice room.

His hands where trembling and his every step he made felt lighter than usual, he felt panic taking over his body. But it did not take long for him to see the familiar tinted glass door of their practice room, he's almost there.

Sungkyu immediately busted through the glass door only to be met with people who were huddled around a table that was in the middle of the room.

 

But what's with all the food?

 

Sungkyu was pulled back from his stuppor when the forever familiar Saengil Chukahamnida started to inveade his sense of hearing. He was left confused all the more when a familiar figure started walking to his direction, holding a candle lit cake with a big smile on her beautiful face as she was also singing the birthday song. Didn't she faint? And what's with the smile? She was supposed to be mad, right?

And then came Dongwoo's laughter. Sungkyu's attention was then averted to s who were also smiling at him.

"Hyung, we managed to pull out a surprise party and we don't get a reaction or a thank you, at least?" Woohyun said with an idiotic grin splayed on his face.

Myungsoo who was behind him was smirking when Hoya asked, "Are you trying to copy L for some reason?"

Sungjong who was waving a blue balloon started jumping, exclaimed that he wanted to eat the chocolate cake already. Sungyeol on the other hand was wiggling his brows as he started to tell Sungkyu that everything that happened since morning was a conspiracy everybody had made. From the yelling over the phone to the fainting act --- they've teamed up with Sungkyu's wife to make the surprise party more SURPRISE-able.

He's heart almost leaped out of his chest when his wife suddenly called everyone's attention. She then handed the cake to Sungjong who happily blew the candles on behalf of his hyung. Sungkyu then absentmindedly looked at his wife as everyone readied they're ears to listen to the sudden announcement.

 

Sungkyu's wife then turned to look a him and talked loud enough for everyone to hear

 

"You better start asking your friends about what color the baby's room should be."

 

And there goes happiness...