01

Vengeance

 

"We're finally here!" yelled Jieun as she was carrying Pil Suk.

"This place is even nicer than I expected!" said Wooyoung.

"It is actually, I thought our new house would be a dump. Hmp, guess I'm proven wrong."

"Come one, let's go inside!"

As they walked into the house, their mouths stretched as far as the Han River.

Chandelier lights bouncing off glowing mirrors, making the house sparkle with the clean shiny floors.

"Wow.. this place is just.. wow," Jieun said with her eyes glued to every square inch of the interior.

"Your job really paid off this time, Wooyoungie!"

"Yea, it did.." Wooyoung replied, proud of himself for working overtime to afford a new house with enough space so that Pilsuk could have her own room.

"Pwetty!!!" yelled Pilsuk as she roamed the house with excitement.

That night, the house was finally cleaned, furnished, and complete.

 

"Rise and shine!" Yelled out Jieun.

It was a bright Sunday morning, Johnny and his family had absolutely nothing left to do.

So they all went off and studied the house a little more.

They searched the house for a few hours.

As soon as 7 o' clock struck, they all went to their rooms and lay in bed.

Pilsuk was put to sleep a while ago.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door fiercely.

Wooyoung came rushing downstairs to see who it was.

"Who could it be this late at night?" he asked himself.

He opened the door, slowly, with fear in his eyes.

Nobody was there; it was like an abandoned desert.

All he saw and heard was the swaying trees and howling wind.

Within a second or two, a flashback caught his mind.

It was the time he killed Jiyeon and her family.

He flinched as he felt something warm touch his frosted skin.

Jieun laid a hand on Wooyoung's stiff shoulder.

"Gwenchana?" Jieun asked with worry in her voice.

"Uh.. yeah, I-I'm fine."

Jieun knew what happened that night to Mary and her family, but she didn't want to bring it up at the moment.

As hours past, the clock had finally struck 12.

Wooyoung woke up because a horrible nightmare.

He shook his head abrubtly to get the flaskback out of his head, but couldn't do it.

Then, the door slowly opened as if someone was strying to sneak in.

With one burst, he saw the young woman with long hair running down her pale face.

Her lips moved just a bit and words flowed out of .

Very slowly, she whispered, "I'm going to kill you."

Johnny woke up, breathing as hard as he could. Cold sweat dripping down his face. No words would come out.

 

In the late afternoon, Wooyoung and his family went on a picnic at the park.

Pilsuk seemed very happy.

So did Jieun, but Wooyoung on the other hand, was very confused and terrified.

He kept on having the same flashbacks about the dream of his.

He didn't think it was a dream. It felt so real.

As Jieun turned around, she saw Wooyoung's puzzled face.

"Oppa, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"A-Ah, let's eat!" Wooyoung said, prentending to be bright and stress-free.

 

After the delicious meal, they all went to the playground and just played with Pilsuk until the sun set.

When they got home, Pilsuk went straight to bed.

As Jieun was brushing her teeth, she saw a small figure behind Wooyoung.

Then, she suddenly saw Jiyeon pop up.

She screamed as her toothpaste ran down .

"What's wrong???" Wooyoung asked.

"Th-There's something behind you!!" Jieun hollered.

Wooyoung slowly turned his head and saw Jiyeon, but she vanished within a second.

After a few minutes or so, everyone fell asleep.

There was a knock on the door which woke Jieun up.

She ran downstairs and opened the door.

Then, someone grabbed her by the neck.

With one loud scream, Pilsuk and Wooyoung, running downstairs.

Wooyoung flinched when he saw Jiyeon, dressed in white dress which wasn't white anymore. It was drenched in blood, turning the fabric into a bright red.

He paused and the flashback of Jiyeon's family and her screaming appeared in his head.

Jiyeon again whispered, "I'm going to kill you."

That woke up Johnny and he yelled, "Leave them alone!!!"

"Daddy, what's going on??" Pilsuk asked curiously.

"Pilsuk, go upstairs like a good girl, okay?"

"But I wanna stay with you and mummy!"

"Pil suk, please!! Go upstairs for mummy!!" Wooyoung yelled, frustrated.

As she went upstairs, Jieun's neck suddenly felt loose as she turned around she saw Jiyeon chasing after Pilsuk.

"NO!!!!"

"Wooyoung, she's got Pilsuk!!!!!"

While Jiyeon ran upstairs to get a hold of Pilsuk, Wooyoung asked her, "Why are you doing this?!"

"Don't you get it?" Jiyeon chuckled, "You killed my family, and now it's my turn to kill yours!"

She grabbed Wooyoung and stabbed him on the right arm with a small pocket knife.

Pilsuk started to yell out, "Daddy!!" multiple times and tears came running down her cheeks.

Then, after just a few seconds, Jiyeon grabbed Jieun and stabbed her in the left leg.

Never once did the crazed, vicious look leave Jiyeon's eyes.

Pilsuk began to cry even louder.

Time went by so fast, it was already 3 o'clock.

In the morning,  with one deep breath, Johnny said, "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright." Jieun tried to smile.

"Mum! Dad!" said Pilsuk as she came running towards them.

"Wooyoung oppa, we have to get out of here right now." 

There was a silent moment where both Pilsuk and Jieun stared at Wooyoung for a reply.

"Okay, let's go back to California."

"Are you sure, Op-"

"Yes." Wooyoung cut off Jieun without a second thought.

That very dark and cold night , they all packed up and took a plane back to California.

As they were on the plane, Jieun asked Wooyoung, "Do you think she's.."

"No." Wooyoung said cutting her off again.

"Oh.. alright. How's your arm, oppa?"

"It's better." he coldly replied with many thoughts on his mind.

"Oh okay." Jieun said, understanding the pressure he was under.

As the plane landed, they went straight back to their unsold house, opened the door, and just slept through the whole night.

 

About a week later, Wooyoung found a new job as a lawyer.

Since he had the money, he remodeled the house.

He completely changed the house and even put cameras in every single room. He also repainted Pilsuk's room.

"Do you like it, sweetie?" Wooyoung smiled to his sweet, beautiful, 6-year-old daughter.

"Yes, daddy!!" Pilsuk gave him a big hug and let go after a long while.

"Okay, go to bed now. Goodnight, honey," Wooyoung said and kissed her on the forehead.

As he closed the door, the camera suddenly went from off, to on.

Behind Pilsuk was a young lady with long hair running down her pale face.

She walked to the camera and smashed it.

As the crashing sound came down to the ground, a high pitched scream filled the entire house, echoing through the corridors.