Memories

Memories

I took out my diary from my bag, flipping thru the pages when suddenly a photo fell out from it. It's a picture of me and Eli.I then remembered, I looked at my phone and a reminder popped on the screen. I left the house wearing my favourite black cardigan. the pavement outside was wet due to the heavy downpour last night. i saw a mini flower shop so i decided to buy some fresh flowers. My eyes they're watery again as i walk in to that place, memories starts to flash in my head.

---------------------------------

It was august when we were back in school. Eli someone who has been with me through my ups and downs. He knew almost every single thing about me.One day during my best friend's birthday party something unexpected happened.It was all a misunderstanding, Kevin is like a brother to me he understands me well and all. Eli got jealous at the party when someone told him that i and Kevin look good together. he left the party without saying a single thing. So i decided to look for him and all i can remember was i got hit by a car and that's it. the next morning all i can hear was my elder sister crying beside me telling me that everything's gonna be alright.the problem is i can hear her but i can't see her. i started throwing tantrums due to frustration as i can't see a single thing! everything was pitch black. Life was very hard for me i hid myself not wanting people to know that i am...blind.. my parents are still finding for solutions and cure for it but it takes time i guess. After that incident i didn't contact Eli and he didn't even visit me. Is it because of my blindness? is he ashamed to have a blind girlfriend like me?


*Eli's POV*
 I visited her regularly but i didn't have the courage to even talk to her. She's blind because of me if i didn't leave the party she wouldn't be searching for me..Pabo!I kept thinking about her, her health condition,I cannot sleep at all at night,I regret it again everyday. I'm sorry, now all i can see is her lying down hopelessly.. she tried to stand up even after falling countless of time she didn't give up..if only i have the courage to go in and help her but instead i just looked from outside like a fool..tears stream down on my face..she hates darkness, she can't even sleep  without her bedside lamp.i remembered when our school had a night activity in the forest she was so scared and she couldn't stop crying. i felt so guilty..I cannot say anything besides 'I'm sorry'

Finally i found the only solution is to overcome my fears and take care of her since i don't really have much time left. so i told ___'s sister something that i will never ever tell her cause i'm afraid that she'll get hurt.

"promise me that you won't tell her"

"you know that this is a serious matter why would you want to hide it from her?"

"i'm not ready and now that she's blind i want to take care of her not break her heart..please don't tell her.."

"okay i will"

"Eli is that you??"

"yes ____ it's me"

i hugged her so tightly. she gave me a wide smile.
-----------

i thought i've lost my smile after that accident but i didn't,after hearing his voice immediately i put on my widest smile. Is this true? Finally after two weeks..he decided to see me?

"i thought that you'll leave me and never come back.."

"pabo! how can i leave you?? i just needed sometime to overcome my fears"

"what fears? i'm just happy that you're here now..and Eli.. I’m more thankful for you always being by my side and I always feel secure like this. thank you"


But i never thought that my happiness will be taken away from me again...it was at around 3:30am when i walked out of my room cause Eli was coughing so badly. My sister then went and looked for cough syrups but she can't find any. So Eli wanted to go to the 24hrs convenient store to get his medicine and so i told him that i wanted to follow him.. i hold on to his hand and we walked under the umbrella as it was raining.While we were walking suddenly i heard a loud thud..and i realized that Eli's hand slipped away from mine.. and the umbrella wasn't sheltering me anymore..i knew that as i can feel the rain on me... "ELI!" i screamed in fear. reaching out for my phone then i remembered that i can't see how am i gonna call for help?! i just tried to remember the numbers and press the button.. i called for the ambulance...

Few days later,
I got my sight back and as i read the letter my heart aches a lot..

I gave you my eyes so now that you can see,
you will no longer have to see the world in darkness,
now that i'm gone i want you to know that i will always be by yourside
i never thought that one day i'll have to write this letter, sorry for hiding about my sickness,
it kills me silently to see you cry so please don't cry. I'll be fine.

------------------------------------

With time the memories will fade,
but they've never lost
maybe i can hold onto the memories and use them to guide myself
Everything I know is behind me
I’m starting a new life