The Story Behind.

How To Love

 

“She’s really angry.”
 

She commented as she gently puts an icepack on his lips, at the same time, calming her own senses. The nerve of this guy! I’m not supposed to do this! She wails inside, unconsciously pressing the icepack harder.

 

“Ya! Tiffany Hwang! What do you think you’re doing?”

 

I don’t know either.

 

Fany puts the icepack down on the basin filled with warm water and stares at him, her eyebrows scrunched up.

 

“Kim Jonghyun, I am not a nurse,” she hissed.

“I know. Because you’re my Princess and you’re Hyunmi’s Mom.”

 

Surely, she was taken aback by his words. Fany moved closer and knocks her head on him before letting out a scream. Jonghyun then bursts out laughing at her seemingly childish actions. Fany glared at him and stood straight, turning her back on him.

 

“Go, cure yourself, meanie!”

“Hey wait!,” he grabbed her from the waist and pulled her closer to him. “I’ll treat you tonight.”

 

~~**

 

From : 종

Wait for me outside!

 

She lazily opens the door and slumps at the front porch, looking around for him.

 

“Fany-ah~!”

 

Jonghyun run towards her direction and kneels in front of her, placing a box of cake on her lap.

 

“I just dropped by to give this. I’ll go home now. Bye!”

 

He smiled then kissed her on the forehead before leaving. She was left speechless for a moment. Cake.. Kiss Fany shook her head and picks up the box where she noticed a bright pink paper stuck in between the ribbons.

 

I don’t know but, I think I like you now.

 

Tiffany took a deep breath and rushes inside her room, hugging her baby, Hyunmi, a huge stuffed toy which he gave to her as a birthday present. Is it really true? She rolls on her bed and let herself fall from it, unable to stop her heart from beating faster.

 

Tiffany’s POV

I like—No! I think I’m in love with him but I am afraid. This is my first time and I don’t think I can handle this well.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Now, what I’m going to do? I’m afraid. Does she have the same feelings?

 

~~~**                   

 

“I only left for two days and now, you’re sick!”

“You don’t have to shout, you know. I’m just sick and not a deaf.”

 

Jonghyun sat on the edge of her bed and checks her temperature, preventing himself from wrapping his arms around her body and to kiss her, make her feel that, he, Kim Jonghyun, is there to take care of her.

 

“Tch. It’s getting worse! Sleep first, Fany!”

“I don’t want to!”

“You need to!”

“I just woke up from an 8 hour sleep and now.. want me to kill you?”

“You can’t do that, honey.”

“Why?,” she said raising an eyebrow to him.

“Because you like me.”

“Oh no~ I don’t like you,” she looked away and with a low voice, almost a whisper. “ because, I love you.”

“I love you too, my Princess.”

 

L-Love?

 

She can feel the butterflies fluttering inside her. Tiffany looks at him inquisitively. She was sure, she heard him say those words.

 

But why?

 

“I love you, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

Jonghyun said softly, slowly crossing the distance between them. When their lips touched, that’s also the time where she surrendered her heart to the possible outcomes of falling in love. What’s important now, is that they both feel the same way towards each other.

 

~~~**

 

“Know what? I really don’t know what’s between us.”

Tiffany blurted out of nowhere. Two weeks had quickly passed since they both admitted their love but until now, they can’t still consider themselves as lovers. Only friends.. Sweet friends. She sighed and lie down on the grass staring blankly at the sky.

 

“Well, me too.. I’m scared to ask you because I might hurt you.”

“Hurt me? On what way?”

“I might say things you don’t like. Treat you in no appropriate way and.. hurt your feelings,” he said, looking down into his feet. “And, I’m scared. Aish! You don’t deserve a guy like me.”

 

She wants to hit his head so that he’ll quit saying stuffs like that, but she’s too weak. Instead, Fany just smiled and turns, looking at his back side afraid that he might suddenly leave.

 

“I’m not afraid of getting hurt. It’s a part of every relationship, just like what others’ are saying “You’ll never know how if you’re not going to try it.” And.. people have different ways of learning from their hurtful experiences. Yours’ is different so as mine. I’m willing to get hurt if that’s the only way.”

 

She looked up to the sky again, to the star which twinkles the most and smiles. Feeling guilty about what he just said, Jonghyun lies down beside her and wraps his arm around Fany’s waist, burying his face on her shoulder.

 

~~~**

 

Two months after.

 

Jonghyun gently brushes her hair with his hands, watching her as she sleeps. Yeppeuni~ I missed you~ They’re both busy with their own careers this past few months that’s why they haven’t had any long conversations, only at night when they are about to sleep, bidding each others’ with “Goodnight’s” and “I love you”.

 

“J-Jonghyun?”

“I’m here to make it up to the last Kiss Day.”

“Eh?! I already sent flying kisses on that day!,” she exclaimed then pouted her lips, totally awake by his sudden declaration.

 

Kiss Day is celebrated to show your love for a person. Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and pouted his lips too, waiting for Tiffany’s “kiss”. The last time they had talked, she promised that she’ll give him a kiss the next day, but because he wasn’t around that time and today is his only free day, he will claim what’s rightfully his. A wicked smile crossed his face as he was looking at her. Tiffany looks really cute when she was cornered.

 

“Okay~,” she mumbled and kissed him on the cheek, sticking out her tongue after.

“Ani! I want it here!,” he said with firmness in his voice then points at his lips.

Fany chuckled and walked closer to where he was standing, kissing him softly on the lips. Jonghyun smiled, carries and turns her around, muttering “I just got another kiss from my Princess” before putting her down on the couch, his arms not leaving her body.

 

“I missed you~”

“I missed you too~”

“So, how’s my Princess?”

“Hhm. Fine! Oh, and I’m seeing another guy when you’re not around.”

“Really? Who is he?,” he said with a hint of jealousy in his tone.

“Yoochun oppa”

“Aah~ I see”

“Hey! Jealous?”

“Ani”

“He just told me to remain as a good girl and to stay happy before he leaves,” she said, smiling at him. “So, there’s no need for you to be jealous, ‘kay? I love you.”

“Who said that I’m jealous?,” he chuckled, tightening his embrace. “I’m confident to say that you’re only mine! I love you too.”

 

Jonghyun kissed her forehead and pulled out a butterfly pendant necklace inside his pocket, carefully lacing it around Tiffany’s neck.

 

“Hey..”

 

He held his hand to her and smiled. The minute their hands touched, Jonghyun guide her outside the studio, to the streets which are lighten with colorful lanterns and stood in the midst of the crowd.

 

“Aah! How will I start this? Miyoung-aah~ I’m not good in things like this, you know, I’m always scared but I just want you to know that I will never let you go. You’ll stay here in my arms.. forever. You once asked me why I fell in love with you, right? The answer is, because you are who you are. Haters gonna hate, just don’t mind them. You are my happiness. I love you so much, Stephanie Miyoung Hwang! Can we make this official now?”

 

Tiffany was left speechless for a while, tears starts to run down her cheeks. This.. He.. She wiped her tears with her hands like a kid before flashing one of her eyesmiles to him.

 

“Yes! I love you too, Kim Jonghyun!”

 

She run towards him and let his arms enveloped around her. Now, she can proudly say to everyone that this guy is only hers and no one will or can take him away from her.

 

“Thank you, Mr. Kim”

“Anything for you, Mrs. Kim"

 

They both laughed at each other and with their hands intertwined, they slowly walk towards the beginning of their next chapter together.