Hello Stranger

Monster (Hiatus)

 

As usual Huaying was spending another Saturday morning the same way she always did.
She'd been the first to the restaurant, punching the combination into the keypad of the building's door lock and alarm system.
 
The twenty year old tied up her medium length black hair, as she switched on all the lights, and began setting tables.
Picking up the remote, she switched on the television, the sound of the local Qingdao news filling the silence of the empty restaurant.
She began her duties, sweeping and then mopping the tile, washing down tables and then setting them.
By the time 9:30 rolled around and the other workers and cooks arrived, she'd finished cleaning the main floor and was now scrubbing down the counter.
 
As Mei Lein, a co-worker who particularly disliked Ying, passed, she threw down her jacket and purse on the freshly scrubbed counter.
The pretty brunette ignored the dark look that Huaying shot her, and spoke with her friend instead.
 
With a sigh, Ying walked away from the rude pair, when the electronic entry bell rang.
Grabbing her apron, she tied it around her petite waist, and went to greet the first customer of the day.
 
The cold autumn air, seeped in as he'd entered, causing Huaying to shiver.
"Ni hao!" she bowed, "Table or booth?"
 
The tall stranger, with a hood pulled up over his head, pointed over to the row of booths, and Ying nodded, leading him over to a booth in farthest corner away from the door.
She handed him a menu, and pulled out her notepad, "What can I get you to drink?"
 
The customer reached up to pull down his hood, revealing short, black hair, piercing eyes, and a face set in what seemed to be a permanent frown.
"I'll have coffee. Black, one cream, no sugar." he told her. And, Ying smiled at the simplicity of his order.
 
She quickly went off to get his beverage, forgetting the rudeness of her co-workers earlier, and concentrating on her work.
Ying returned to the customers table, placing the small saucer and cup of coffee onto the table before him, "Have you decided what to order, sir?"
 
The man, who appeared to be around her age, nodded, "One strawberry crepe, if you please."
 
Huaying offered him a smile, "Sure." and went off to set his order.
 
 
From the corner booth, Tao watched the pretty waitress take his order to the kitchen.
As she walked, he noted the sway of her hips, and the way her simple patent heels padded against the tile.
Such a pretty girl, he thought.
 
He'd seen her a thousand times. At the school, in the local grocery shop, and here, at the small restaurant she worked at.
Tao had been drawn to her, by the way despite her struggles, she was always kind. Always genuine.
He'd seen her so many times, with a frown set firmly on her pink, kissable lips. A sense of pride filled him, knowing he'd been able to make her smile today.
 
---
A short update, to introduce Tao into the storyline.
Please comment, and subscribe! ^^